PDA

View Full Version : Reach hook point more often... Stack Openers

Baby Girl
04-09-2006, 09:55 AM
I realised something last night... when you go into set, you never know what you are going to get... Party Chicks, emotional chicks, married women, transexuals!! whatever.... as such, they will all have different things that they will find interesting. What this means is that you may run an opener in one set and the set blow open... run the same opener to a different set and you may get blown out... i think a good tip here is to have the ability to STACK OPENERS.
An example of this would be when i opened a 3 set of party girls with the who lies more opener. One said... who cares and one simply replied "Men"... I realised that they were not particularly interested in this topic, so i then said... "Well while i am here, can i ask your opinion on this cardigan... I really like it, but my friends thinks it's gross"... (http://www.theattractionforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8333) The set blew open... Why? Because the party girls are more interested in clothes than social dynamics. Now... If I have opened a 3 set of arty farty tree huggers, they may not have been interested in my cardigan/fashion opener, but they may well have had a stronger opinion on whether guys lie more than girls.
I think the trick to opening every set is to have your default opener, but also have 2 or 3 more that you can stack if needs be. Even use them in set to change thread whatever...
Don't let the voices in your head stop you from completely switching the topic if the set doesn't open... Strong frame... power through it and you will find they will open .
I have started stacking openers and it has definitely added something to my ability to open.
Peace, China, Coffee Grinder
Baby Girl

Hatman
04-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Man you're on a freakin role today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
your cardigan bit has given me a few ideas to develop on my lock-in props (hats)
cheers man!!!!

Baby Girl
04-09-2006, 11:35 PM
I should have also added here... make sure that your openers aren't all similar. I.e. when trying to bust open a set, the more topics of interest you touch on, then more chance you will have of hooking your set's attention.

Malibu
04-09-2006, 11:48 PM
An example of this would be when i opened a 3 set of party girls with the who lies more opener. One said... who cares and one simply replied "Men"... I realised that they were not particularly interested in this topic, so i then said... "Well while i am here, can i ask your opinion on this cardigan... I really like it, but my friends thinks it's gross"...
Im not sure if im miss understanding but are you saying that instead of finishing the "who lies more" opener you go straight into your Cardigan opener?
If thats the case then i disagree...it shows neediness...like you are looking for their approval...you are the prize not them....instead you should be negging them for their response and continue the opener with active disinterest body language to bring their shields down....THEN stack into your next opener.

Baby Girl
04-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Im not sure if im miss understanding but are you saying that instead of finishing the "who lies more" opener you go straight into your Cardigan opener?
If thats the case then i disagree...it shows neediness...like you are looking for their approval...you are the prize not them....instead you should be negging them for their response and continue the opener with active disinterest body language to bring their shields down....THEN stack into your next opener. I agree... finish the opener neatly as Malibu suggests and then stack into something else. Strong frame will sort out most errors in opening technique (or in any part of the game for that matter!!)

btys
04-11-2006, 04:56 AM
nice

Sy
04-11-2006, 05:28 AM
If thats the case then i disagree...it shows neediness...like you are looking for their approval...you are the prize not them....instead you should be negging them for their response and continue the opener with active disinterest body language to bring their shields down....THEN stack into your next opener.
I'm with Malibu, I'd only stack an opener if I hadn't gotten into A2 either striaght away, or after a quick neg. Even then if the girl isn't opening up to be A2 ready after a quick opener or neg, she probably isn't worth talking to as I have found in A3 a few times.

Baby Girl
04-11-2006, 05:57 AM
I'm with Malibu, I'd only stack an opener if I hadn't gotten into A2 either striaght away, or after a quick neg. Even then if the girl isn't opening up to be A2 ready after a quick opener or neg, she probably isn't worth talking to as I have found in A3 a few times. I am not sure Malibu was saying don't stack unless you get to A2 straight away, i think he was saying... don't just dessert the opener and stack if the set doesn't open straight away as it DLV's you. Instead, finish what you were talking about (as an Alpha always would say what they wanted to say) and when you are good and ready, stack another opener from there. I love the word 'stack' - I think it's quite an Alpha word!!! I think we are saying the same thing Syren... stack if you don't reach hook as it will give you another opportunity to say something that they will be interested in...
Shame you have found that girls aren't usually worth talking to if she didn't open up with a quick opener/neg... some of my most rewarding sarges have been in sets when girls have not handed me the hook on a plate.
Peace...x