PDA

View Full Version : failing approach

lex.hitman
04-2006-09, 06:45 AM
I have a situation. My friend and I was were chilling at Starbucks when I saw this a 2set of 9 and 7. Although looked very approachable, but they were in the middle of something, like doing lessons or other serious task. Maybe it's just my own fear kicking, but that was the reason why I kept postponing the approach. I thought I would wait at least until they put down the pen and start talking to each other.
But it never came. After 15minutes, they went out and gone. I'm left with a heavy grunts and rage to myself. Why the hell can't I move my lazy legs there and open like usual. I'm very mad and trapped in an extremely low frame. It's like I want to delete all of my knowledge about inner game, pickups etc and just be clueless newbie who don't know anything about the game.
I don't like what I'm feeling now. This is quite rare to happen, but I can trace one or two similar events happening in the past where I was hanging with this pathetic frame for days. Do you have similar experiences? What do you do about it? What should I do to stay away from this emotional breakdown IF one day I have this approach anxiety or miss the approach for any other external reasons?
Thanks, guys.

Sheek
04-2006-09, 07:16 AM
Stop being such a dork. The only reason you have such a bad frame is because you bring it upon yourself. Don't be mad or angry. If you didn't know PU, you wouldn't have approached anyways, and if you did, you would've gone nowhere.
That aside, everyone has approach anxiety. It's something built into us, unavoidable. Even Mystery has approach anxiety, but he just ignores it. Is it likely that you'll see these girls again? No - so don't worry about it. 3 second rule, open up with anything you want. Be happy with yourself, not angry.

Dragon
04-2006-09, 07:23 AM
I have a situation. My friend and I was were chilling at Starbucks when I saw this a 2set of 9 and 7. Although looked very approachable, but they were in the middle of something, like doing lessons or other serious task. Maybe it's just my own fear kicking, but that was the reason why I kept postponing the approach. I thought I would wait at least until they put down the pen and start talking to each other.
But it never came. After 15minutes, they went out and gone. I'm left with a heavy grunts and rage to myself. Why the hell can't I move my lazy legs there and open like usual. I'm very mad and trapped in an extremely low frame. It's like I want to delete all of my knowledge about inner game, pickups etc and just be clueless newbie who don't know anything about the game.
I don't like what I'm feeling now. This is quite rare to happen, but I can trace one or two similar events happening in the past where I was hanging with this pathetic frame for days. Do you have similar experiences? What do you do about it? What should I do to stay away from this emotional breakdown IF one day I have this approach anxiety or miss the approach for any other external reasons?
Thanks, guys.
MY MY MY :) alright live and die by 3s, if you see a set you like to approach approach being you'll kick yourself later. Stop beating yourself up, theres no failure- take that word out of your vocab. It was a learning experience. Its no biggie you'll see another one like her, statiscally theres more women than men. Keep going out and praticing. I've had the same experience where you can't approach, its like weightlifting, the 1st 140 is a pain in the ass after that its easy.
Good Luck

Vdogg
04-2006-09, 08:01 AM
It doesn't matter if she's doing something. A lot of these chicks in these places are studying or doing something boring and they'd love for a PUA to come and talk to them :D
It sounds like you have approach anxiety as we all do. You just have to push through it, it becomes a lot easier with time. It's easier said than done, it helps if you have a wing who will push you into sets.