PDA

View Full Version : Why good girls LOVE BAD boys

obie
04-2006-07, 11:47 AM
I just got this in my inbox. How many of these describe you?
1)They add spice to our good girl lives and they make us feel wild and
sexy!
2)They excite us because they are so different from us. They're the guys
our parents have warned us about.
3) They put passion into out sometimes boring, structured lifestyle. We
can't resist their appeal.
4) They are the object of our desires and fantasies.
5) They are not afraid to argue with is, and they usually win. We know
they won't come crawling back.
6) They represented rebellion, excitement, and steamy sex all at once. We
are under their spell.
7) They are a predator on the prowl. Hungry, unpredictable, and a little
bit dangerous.
8) They make us feel sexy merely by the fact that they want us. You've got
to be hot to catch a bad boy!
9) They have mastered that sly come-hither stare. We're coming, we're
coming!!!
10) They can sweep us off of our feet before we know what hit us. We love
that rush!
11) They are irresistable because they know they're hot!
12) They don't ever plan too far in the future. You take what you can get.
13) They know what they want... And they usually get what they want!
14) With they, there's no such thing as a dull moment! You never know what
they'll do next!
15) They don't feel tied down to any one woman, and we love the challenge.
16) They don't always have a plan like most boys do.
17) They're not afraid to break out of the dating norms. Actually, most
dates are just hooking up.
18) The word "insecurity" isn't in their vocabulary. They don't care what
others think.
19) They don't make a big deal out of small events (one week
anniversaries).
20) You're thrilled when they remember even big events
21) They are usually strong will and sexually aggressive. Need we say more?
22) They make us feel safe because they're not intimidated by anyone else.
23) They usually can't be negotiated with, but when you get your way, it's
way exciting!
24) They are exciting because they're unpredictable. They keep you on your
toes.
25) Not often, but sometimes, they show their sensitive, needy side.
26) They are untouchable for most women. (Well, depending on where you want
to
touch...)
27) They bring out the sexual animal in us because we don't feel the need
to be "ladylike".
28) They take charge in all the right ways whether we admit we like it or
not!
29)They live life on their own terms. End of story.
30)They can be extremely charming and unquestionable passionate. We love
the challenge of reaching them.
31)They act with authority even when they have no right to.
32)They flirt with other women. It drives us crazy and makes us want them
more.
33)They can't be tested. (Or trusted most of the time!)
34)They are independent-with-attitude and throw caution into the wind.
Take us, baby!
35)They exude confidence at all times, making even the most secure women
try harder.
36)They seduce us without even trying. And we feel like we've got to work
hard to seduce them at times!
37)They are the right mix of mysteriuos and elusive. We never feel
smothered but sort of wish we could.
38)They carry on as if women aren't important to them. We want to be the
one that matters.
39)They have that sexy arrogance that drives us wild!
40)They aren't afraid to take risks.
41)They whisper sweet nothings into our ears.
42)They encourage us to be a little bit bad. They love it when we're a lot
bad!
43)We can be as obnoxiuos as we want, and we know they will always act
worse.
44)They show us a better time than responsible, upstanding guys. We try to
fight this guy reaction, but we can't.
45)They make us feel incredible when they do pay attention to us. The
little things matter so much more.
46)They love their lives and aren't bound by the rules of society. We want
to let loose with them.
47)They have a lot of energy, and we can't wait to see just how they plan
to use it!
48)They are always a challenge. Who can resist a challenge?
49)They keep us on our toes and make us less selfish. They won't put up
with it.
50) They are our little "projects" to nurture and change. But if they do,
we eventually dump them for another bad boy!
51) They have devilishly playful personalities and a twinkle in their eyes.
we never know what they're really thinking

DeSolero
05-2006-02, 10:22 AM
For me, this is a great post. I love the bad boy attitude towards women and life in general.
I'd like to add to this post, by adding some "role models" for the few bad boys I know of:
* James Dean, in "Rebel without a cause".
* Marlon Brando, in "A streetcar named desire".
* Benicio del Toro, he's got the general bad boy vibe going.
* And James "Sawyer", from Lost.
Anyone else got someone, or something to add to this thread?
\_O_/

obie
05-2006-02, 10:33 AM
Some of these are more "alpha male" archetypes than "bad boy" archetypes
Nathaniel in "Last of the Mohicans"
Johnny Cash in "Walk the Line"
Beeblebrox in "Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy"
Ordell Robbie in "Jackie Brown"
Bill in "Kill Bill"
Patrick Swayze in "Dirty Dancing" (no I am not gay)
Richard Gere in "Officer and a Gentleman" (again I reiterate, I am not gay)

Zordon
05-2006-02, 12:05 PM
The woman who wrote this is EXTREMELY honest.
I think this is about my 3rd time me reading this thread and it still gives me ideas.....with that said....
bump /I

ProblemChild
05-2006-02, 02:24 PM
Now THAT'S a woman who knows what she wants.

Medley
05-2006-02, 03:04 PM
Curious:
Do you guys actually lead that kind of life?
I'm asking for a couple of reasons, but mostly because I'm not sure if those are the guys that get all the women. I'll touch on this more if anyone responds.

craze9
05-2006-02, 03:20 PM
Dude how can you put "Sawyer from Lost" alongside James Dean and Marlon Brando lol.

DeSolero
05-2006-03, 02:48 AM
Dude how can you put "Sawyer from Lost" alongside James Dean and Marlon Brando lol.
Well, he does stand out in his own way from the others, but in my mind there is no doubt that that character is a bad boy, leaning towards the abusive type. He dosn't get too much screen time, but watch the episode 13 from season 2, "The Long Con", you'll see what I mean.

Curious:
I'm asking for a couple of reasons, but mostly because I'm not sure if those are the guys that get all the women. I'll touch on this more if anyone responds.
Hey, I'd like to hear your point of view on this. Why don't you think these are the guys that get "all the women"?
\_O_/

Jaden Smooth
05-2006-03, 04:35 AM
Curious:
I live that kind of life in spurts, but trying to make it more consistent. I see where I have acted like that, I got the same kind of response. But yes, they do get the girls and the attention.

Yozhno
05-2006-03, 04:46 AM
Well I wasn't questioning until you said that ;-) :eek:

Sinergy
05-2006-03, 09:26 AM
You wanna know why the bad boy is so appealing, I mean the underlying reason that isn't even in that woman's list? Granted, that list is a pretty good, if repetetive, description of how a bad boy makes women feel. However, it's just the surface.
The person described in that list is a true Bad Boy. Someone who, as in Family Guy, "lives by no one's rules but his own, and not even those." The Bad Boy will burn bright for a short period of time, sliding into his early grave head first at full speed. The Bad Boy, because he never makes plans and doesn't care what anyone thinks, does not have a future.
He is so appealing to certain girls precisely because he has no future. He doesn't care about where he's going or the people around him so he doesn't encourage his girl too. Since he has such a strong frame, the girl who attatches herself to him can happily hide within it, safe from the outside world.
All women, to varying degrees, want to be sheilded from the real world. They would like to live in a fantasy land in which reality never intrudes and they are free to feel whatever they want to feel, without any repercussions. Men are a bit different, they want to live in a fantasy world in which they are in full control of all repercussions. Anyway, girls like Bad Boys because he builds a world around them and protects them from outside influences. As long as she does whatever he wants, he takes her under his wing. Kind of like a pimp. Or, like in Labrynth, "Surrender to me and I will be your slave."
Bad Boys are simply practicing one facet of frame control. However, their frame involves snubbing other people and not planning for the future, avoid that aspect. If you want to use the Bad Boy image, don't let it suck you in. The girls who are attracted to it will try to either make you MORE bad or Less bad, depending on their fantasy. Keep up the front YOU think is best and ignore what others think you should look like. Irresponsibility is a slippery slope, don't let it mess up your life.

Hypnovibe
05-2006-03, 01:07 PM
This is a great post. This is a greaat frame. This frame will get you laid a lot....but if you ever want something more then sex with a woman you better only use this in the very beginning...and realize when you drop it she will probably drop you too...because these girls are just looking for fun and stimulation and challenge...not substance. I use this stuff a lot...but I also realize what caliber girl it is going to bring me...and I also know how to calibrate away from it when I meet a real woman. Also realize with a lot of women you need to tone this down to even get them into bed in the first place.
Finally I will just add that I am 28 and I like my women to be somewhat giving and sweet and innocent. I like them to be mentally together and intelligent and good people...at least thats what I want my wife to be like....If your in highschool or College by all means...have tons of fun....just keep what I have said in mind too.

CompleteControl
05-2006-03, 02:33 PM
That is a great post. There are a lot of good insights in there.
I personally find that you can walk a line with this kind of behavior. With my normal game I am a "bad boy" to educated career woman and bored housewives, for instance, but not really to bar sluts and crack whores.
I am going to use this post though at some point in conversation to an hb.
me to hb: "hey, I got this cool email the other day about why women like bad boys so much - I was curious if all woman felt this way, blah, blah, blah"

Orleans
05-2006-03, 02:50 PM
Women love the "bad boy" because he makes a woman feel... even if it's like shit. Too many guys are strolling through this world trying to make a woman THINK about them and go about it logically. Instead, bad boys make a woman FEEL about them, they don't try to, they MAKE them feel.
I think if men were to accomplish this, rather than trying to take the academic thinker approach, then women would love MEN.

Jack Handy
05-2006-03, 03:37 PM
Patrick Swayze in "Dirty Dancing" (no I am not gay)
Who are you trying to convince?
Bad boys peakock their lives. It all makes sense from an evolutionary perspective. I like it.

Akira
05-2006-03, 04:07 PM
This is a great post. This is a greaat frame. This frame will get you laid a lot....but if you ever want something more then sex with a woman you better only use this in the very beginning...and realize when you drop it she will probably drop you too...because these girls are just looking for fun and stimulation and challenge...not substance. I use this stuff a lot...but I also realize what caliber girl it is going to bring me...and I also know how to calibrate away from it when I meet a real woman. Also realize with a lot of women you need to tone this down to even get them into bed in the first place.
Finally I will just add that I am 28 and I like my women to be somewhat giving and sweet and innocent. I like them to be mentally together and intelligent and good people...at least thats what I want my wife to be like....If your in highschool or College by all means...have tons of fun....just keep what I have said in mind too.
Duke... Thanks for what you said in this post. It seemed to speak on what I was thinking...After reading at least half of the list, I was thinking, wow, I can see how girls might be attracted by these things, but some of them make it sound like you have to be somewhat immature and irresponsible.
ex: "12) They don't ever plan too far in the future. You take what you can get."
But it's interesting reading these and see how much you can integrate it into your own life, even if it's just a little at a time.

Hypnovibe
05-2006-03, 06:11 PM
Duke... Thanks for what you said in this post. It seemed to speak on what I was thinking...After reading at least half of the list, I was thinking, wow, I can see how girls might be attracted by these things, but some of them make it sound like you have to be somewhat immature and irresponsible.
ex: "12) They don't ever plan too far in the future. You take what you can get."
But it's interesting reading these and see how much you can integrate it into your own life, even if it's just a little at a time.
Thanks for the props man. Personally I think the bad boy thing is great for the true bad boys but a disaster waiting to happen for the rest of us. I can walk the part perfect and have a lot of it naturally in me...all I got to say is be careful what you wish for. If your not a true bad boy then what you need to do is take a look at your life and take the parts of your personality that do kind of go with this list and bring them out more. The list sounds great on paper but if you are not naturally this way it becomes a little less appealing in the real world. There is nothing like having a great woman walk on you because you were pretending to be an asshole when you really are not an asshole. When your around a woman you gotta practice being witty and showing that you dont give a damn what other people think of you...but in a way thats socially cool not totally ridiculas. You see this can be done the wrong way very easily and it can also be done the right way. If your a bad boy with tattoo's and a motorcycle and a bad ass attitude then by all means...play it up. If you dont give a damn about anything and your always looking for the next rush...fantastic!! I personally have a lot of natural bad boy in me....but if you are not a bad boy there is no need to fear either....there are ways you can take the bad boy in you and bring it out...but like others have said...its not so much the bad boy...its making her feel...its getting to her through her emotions.
Its been mentioned many times that the way to a womans heart is through her emotions and through making her feel. The bad boy makes her feel...he is authentic and he is different and he is a challenge. If she can get control of a bad boy then her purpose as a woman has been fulfilled. HOWEVER a truely wise woman will have a line and will have more respect for herself in the end. If she endlessly allows mistreatment or disrespect how do you think she will eventually treat you....if you ever decide you like her enough to tone it down? This is why this is not the best strategy if you are dating to eventually find a good relationship with a woman that treats you right. This is also why if your not truely a bad boy or if you are somewhat expressive and have a passionate side or long to find a woman worthy of your love someday...this is also not the best strategy. This is not to say dont make a woman feel....make her feel...make her feel horny.....make her feel mad...make her miss you...make her feel dominated.....make her happy..make her laugh...make her excited...make her feel cared for....make her feel jealous....make her feel safe...make her feel protected....make her feel ignored... make her feel scared.... make her feel helpless...make her feel sexy.....make her feel everything! If all you do is make her feel like a bad boy makes her feel your not much better off then being a kiss ass who just makes her feel important all the time....eventually it grows old. Let the boys play bad boy....this man is going to play "real man"...I like that game better...and I will take that role any day of the week. Then again I always did pick a home cooked meal over Mcdonalds anyways.

Akira
05-2006-03, 07:37 PM
No prob.
I ordered some audio read book on CD about Marriage...although I'm not really close to marriage, what caught my attention was the theory it talks about..I'm expecting it to come this week or next week, so I only know a little about it.
It's called the Imago Theory. Basically people marry people who have the best and worst traits of their parents...a lot of times the worst traits. From what I hear, people get with the partner to try and fix their similar issues with their parents by fixing their partner. I don't know how accurate I am, but I can see how it might make sense. I also don't know how consistant it is...if it's all relationships or just some. I can definitely see it applied to a little more dysfunctional families, at least.
Well, to bring it back on topic...I've heard a lot that girls with unavailable fathers are looking for a replacement with a bf, but most times you find that they get with a guy who's, say also an alcoholic or abusive.
I'm still trying to understand it a little better. I'll post something if there's anything of interest on the CD.

Swing
05-2006-03, 07:50 PM
So I'm 36 and am successful at work. I am constantly fighting the system, picking fights with bureaucratic idiots, and getting shit done my way. In other words at work I've been the alpha male/bad boy - which is why the majority of the HB8's and 9's I've been with worked for the same company. Hell - half of them liked the idea we had to keep it quiet, broke the rules, etc.
Outside of work I have not been nearly as successful. I've done well but not as off the hook as I was doing at work. This thread helped me understand why there was a difference. At work I was the man. At clubs I've been an AFC. The fog is slowly lifting...

Minute_man
05-2006-03, 08:34 PM
Who are you trying to convince?
Bad boys peakock their lives. It all makes sense from an evolutionary perspective. I like it.
thats it right there.
u just simplified it down to one sentence

Accent
05-2006-03, 09:49 PM
You wanna know why the bad boy is so appealing, I mean the underlying reason that isn't even in that woman's list? Granted, that list is a pretty good, if repetetive, description of how a bad boy makes women feel. However, it's just the surface.
The person described in that list is a true Bad Boy. Someone who, as in Family Guy, "lives by no one's rules but his own, and not even those." The Bad Boy will burn bright for a short period of time, sliding into his early grave head first at full speed. The Bad Boy, because he never makes plans and doesn't care what anyone thinks, does not have a future.
He is so appealing to certain girls precisely because he has no future. He doesn't care about where he's going or the people around him so he doesn't encourage his girl too. Since he has such a strong frame, the girl who attatches herself to him can happily hide within it, safe from the outside world.
All women, to varying degrees, want to be sheilded from the real world. They would like to live in a fantasy land in which reality never intrudes and they are free to feel whatever they want to feel, without any repercussions. Men are a bit different, they want to live in a fantasy world in which they are in full control of all repercussions. Anyway, girls like Bad Boys because he builds a world around them and protects them from outside influences. As long as she does whatever he wants, he takes her under his wing. Kind of like a pimp. Or, like in Labrynth, "Surrender to me and I will be your slave."
Bad Boys are simply practicing one facet of frame control. However, their frame involves snubbing other people and not planning for the future, avoid that aspect. If you want to use the Bad Boy image, don't let it suck you in. The girls who are attracted to it will try to either make you MORE bad or Less bad, depending on their fantasy. Keep up the front YOU think is best and ignore what others think you should look like. Irresponsibility is a slippery slope, don't let it mess up your life.
Very good explanation, in fact it answered one of my major question Ive been dealing with, not about bad boys in general but some small aspect that was bothering me and I couldnt understand, you covered it :D

Balthazar
05-2006-05, 09:06 PM
Girls like bad boys for one reason only: Alpha males can afford to be jerks. Nice guys are nice because they are so low on the social ladder that the only way they gain approval is by being nice.

GmaV
05-2006-06, 01:29 PM
This thread is a proof of how primative and intellectually undeveloped females are by evolutionary standards because the main traits which attract them are those of lowlives(your value is based on how succesful of a harem you can run which has absolutely nothing to do with your true value as a man and an individual and is infact incredibly degrading standard of being judged by to educated quality characted men everywhere).

Balthazar
05-2006-06, 01:44 PM
The female mind, though developed in primative times, is remarkably well equipped for life today. Bad Boys, jerks, whatever you call them still win. They do what it takes to get ahead. Nice guys become high school teachers, jerks become corporate leaders. Ever wonder why everyone complains about their boss being an asshole?

GmaV
05-2006-06, 02:20 PM
The female mind, though developed in primative times, is remarkably well equipped for life today. Bad Boys, jerks, whatever you call them still win. They do what it takes to get ahead. Nice guys become high school teachers, jerks become corporate leaders. Ever wonder why everyone complains about their boss being an asshole?
acts of high-moraled leadership and heroism are much more inspiring. real world examples from socio-economical hierarachies ar domineering narcissistic children in adult's bodies deriving pleasure from exploiting percieved "lower status" individuals, this is destructive win/lose relationships. Being a "nice guy" is having your brains manipulated with and rewired to being suicidal and self-destructive, something which has been increasingly introduced into our minds by our fathers and mothers and the alarmingly increasing rate of disfunctional families.

Balthazar
05-2006-06, 02:30 PM
I have no idea what you just said

Hypnovibe
05-2006-06, 02:49 PM
Girls like bad boys for one reason only: Alpha males can afford to be jerks. Nice guys are nice because they are so low on the social ladder that the only way they gain approval is by being nice.
If this statement is true then I have a couple questions for you:
1) How did the alpha male become the alpha male who can afford to be a jerk?
2) If the only way someone low on the social ladder can be approved of is by being "nice" to everyone and being "nice" to everyone is not attractive to woman and does not raise him on the totum pole then how does such a man get out of his low status role?
3) What are the determining factors that dictate someone being able to "get away with" being a jerk or a bad boy?
If you can answer these questions in a manner that makes any sense other than you backpedeling or dodging these questions and the answers are not money, looks, education, or a porno dick.. then you will overcome my accusation that you have just deemed the entire community as worthless....and where the hell are you from with a name like that anyways? Russia?? Germany?? Jupiter?? I mean wtf?!?

Balthazar
05-2006-06, 03:54 PM
If this statement is true then I have a couple questions for you:
1) How did the alpha male become the alpha male who can afford to be a jerk?
2) If the only way someone low on the social ladder can be approved of is by being "nice" to everyone and being "nice" to everyone is not attractive to woman and does not raise him on the totum pole then how does such a man get out of his low status role?
3) What are the determining factors that dictate someone being able to "get away with" being a jerk or a bad boy?
If you can answer these questions in a manner that makes any sense other than you backpedeling or dodging these questions and the answers are not money, looks, education, or a porno dick.. then you will overcome my accusation that you have just deemed the entire community as worthless....and where the hell are you from with a name like that anyways? Russia?? Germany?? Jupiter?? I mean wtf?!?
Wow. I don't think we need personal attacks. This should be a forum for intellectual and strategic discussion. And I'm not sure I want to be representing the entire community about anything.
As for questions 1 and 3, I'm not sure why you are so hesitant to accept that money, fame, being a good hunter (in hunter gatherer days), are alpha male characteristics. Think of it like this: If you're say Elvis, in his prime, you don't have to hold doors for strangers, buy girls drinks, give to charity. You might, but you don't have to. In fact you might even be an ass just to fend off all the people who want your time. This is what HB10s do. Ever see a hot woman hold a door open for a random AFC stranger? This doesn't happen because it would send a message that she might be interested in him. She doesn't want to send this message because she doesn't want have time for him.
Likewise, men who act like jerks project the image that they have high status and don't need anymore attention. Of course, you must do a lot more than be a jerk to succeed with women. You must be funny, energetic, confident, well groomed etc.
As for question 2. The answer is simple: Act like an alpha male. Become funny, learn the socal rules, aquire skills (sports, music etc), acquire the resources, dress well, make friends. Those who succeed are those who are best able to imitate. Observe alpha males, study how they operate, that is the only way to achieve high status. How do you learn to play the guitar? Well I guess you could just start strumming until something good comes out, or you could observe a guitar player, ask him how he plays, and imitate him. That's what this forum is for.

Hypnovibe
05-2006-06, 04:05 PM
Who is throwing out personal attacks? You dont mean me do you? I was just helpin you out by asking you some questions so you could clarify your post since I think it could easily have been misinterpreted by others. Not a personal attack...just me going after what I want and getting it. Thanks anyways...and come again.

Accent
05-2006-06, 07:19 PM

I would have to disagree on both opinions... alpha males are not jerks, if a girl will end up with a alpha guy she wont complain about him, it will tottaly satisfy her in all ways, sexual and the way she is treated. On the other hand jerks are low life losers and nobody told them how to behave in society, they go to extreme because they dont know any better, I doubt they will end up as a boss or they get somewhere in life, because in many cases I saw when girl end up with a jerk, he had no future at all or anything going for him, except him interacting in semi-alpha way, and he does fail when he gets into relationship, because all he knows is how to satisfy his sexual needs, he wont know how to treat a women right, thats why they will complain about how asshole he is, and thats when "nice guys finish last" comes in, because experience showed her difference between two and she will eventually end up with a nice guy or alpha male.
And there is a diffirence between Alpha and jerk, the only thing thats common in them, they behave much more confident.
And this is what I think between all three.
Chances of Jerk to have and keep a girl is 50/50% because all he knows is how to fuck her like she always wanted during night, but fails to treat her right during the day.
Chances of Nice Guy to have and keep a girl is 50/50% because he knows how to respect her during the day but fails to satisfy her during night.
Chances of an Alpha male to have a girl is 100% because he knows how to handle both situations, he respect her during the day and provide her with her needs and fuck her like a slut she wanted to be during night.
Thats very general and my personal IMHO so noone bash :D