PDA

View Full Version : Using a dog as a chick magnet.....

masterH
11-2008-07, 04:18 AM
so I got a basset puppy. (not for this reason lol)
I took her to the store and damn girls were crazy for her.

the thing is I get too much attention and it kinda bothers me.

anyways, since chicks will come to me, this dog is def a ice breaker.

any advice how I can initiate conversation after they pet the dog?

nereis
11-2008-07, 04:35 AM
Run off a routine relating to dogs, like the animals one. Then transition from there.

SwordJunkie
11-2008-08, 05:01 PM
First of all, I totally know what you mean about bassets. I have one too (who I LOVE), and I don't take her out much because I'm away at college most of the time, but when I do see her she is MONEY.

As for what to do, if girls are already petting your dog, then they are in a way opening you, so I would focus on transitioning and building attraction. I would do this by either busting on them for petting your dog (and semi-ignoring you) or by trying to convince them of something ridiculous.

Here's one example:

HB: pets dog, may or may not talk to you
You: "Uhh, I wouldn't do that" (overly serious - she needs to know you're *mostly* kidding)
HB: "Why?"
You: "Well, she might punch (note: don't say bite b/c they may think you're serious and walk away) you. I know she looks cute and innocent, but looks can be deceiving. She's actually kinda feisty. Probably like you..."

Voila, linking the personality trait of feisty to the girl will serve as your transition (or anything else you want to use, see magic bullets for more types), so from there you can bust on her for whatever else and get into normal conversation.

Hope that helps.