PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff's sticking point exercise

eMinor
11-01-2008, 03:01 PM
I read about this in the instructor blogs and was very eager to try.

Get a piece of paper. At the top write "I see a hot girl". At the bottom write: "We start having sex" (or "she says 'I do'", or whatever your actual outcome is).

Then fill in a plausible and detailed explanation of how you got from seeing this chick to being balls deep. Whenever you get to a point where you're not sure what to write, you've found a sticking point.

I wrote out one possible scenario for me. Some of the basic routines and the bachelorette story I already use, but haven't theorized them all together like this. I'd love feedback/corrections/comments on any part of it.

Thanks for your help, and definitely try it for yourself.
-e

I see a Hot Girl.
- She is talking with her Friend.
- I approach them both with “Hey, are you guys having fun?”
- They give a nonchalant but courteous “Yes. Are you?”
Me: Hell yeah! I’m having a great time. (to Friend) Ok, on a scale of 1-10, how much fun are you having right now?
Friend: A 7!
- I take her hand, spin her around, “Ok, now you have to be at least an 8, right?”
Friend: Haha, yeah, I’m at an 8 now.
Me: (putting arm around Hottie) She wants one, too, doesn’t she?
- I spin her and finish with a side hug, and I’m now positioned next to Hottie.
Me: This one went up TWO points, I can feel it. Oh, guess what? I just got married about 30 minutes ago.
Them: (a little startled) What?
Me: We ran into a bachelorette party before and they had these tiaras and giant fake rings. I had the bachelorette give me one of the rings, and she got down on one knee, proposed, the whole deal. Then the maid of honor married us, right there in the bar. I don’t know how her fiancé will take it, but I’m sure we can all work something out. We might have to move to Utah or something.
- They laugh.
Me: Actually, I’m going to see how many people I can marry tonight. (to Friend) Will you marry us?
Friend: Um, sure.
Me: Wait, we can’t get married. I don’t even know your name. I like to know the name of the woman I’m marrying.
- Introduce and shake Hottie’s hand. Shake Friend’s hand.
- Tease/compliment Friend on handshake and run Handshake routine on her.
- Hopefully this leaves Hottie wanting more attention.
Me: Ok, we’re ready for the ceremony now. Oh, wait! I need a best man.
- I pull a guy in to be my Wing (aka “best man”).
- If she complains about not having a maid of honor, we’ll pull in a girl for her.
- Maybe we just call my Wing a “witness” for better logistics.
- Now that the wedding party is assembled, I have her get down on one knee and use a ring she’s wearing to propose to me. I do a big dramatic acceptance.
- If she puts up any fuss about what’s happening, I just tell her it’s a fake wedding and this is how it’s done.
- I put my arm around Hottie and have the Friend say whatever she wants to marry us.
Hottie: I do.
Me: I do.
- I turn to Hottie and give her a nice big kiss on the lips (no tongue).
Me: (to Friend) Ok, we need to go discuss honeymoon plans. I say Tahiti, she says Fiji. I’ll bring her right back.
- My new Wing occupies the Friend.
- I take Hottie’s hand and lead her to a quiet secluded area of the bar or outside.
- I must KEEP TALKING during this...
“I want 17 kids.” “Our first kid should be named Superfly.” “Your mom is going to be so happy.” “Where should our first house be?”
- Once we’re alone, I give her a qualification statement...
“I can't believe I met you in a bar. I refuse to tell my friends that so you better make up a new story for when you meet them.” “You are absolutely adorable! I can’t stand you!” “There has to be something wrong with you, because right now you seem way to perfect.”
- If she doesn’t bite on this, I run a little comfort and try again.
- When she does, I tell her “There’s no way I can wait for the honeymoon. I need to kiss you NOW.”
- We start making out.
- I then go for the in-venue lay.
“Let’s go for a walk.”

She accepts.
- I move her to somewhere where we can escalate. The bathroom. Outside. My car.
We have sex.

She declines.
Me: Ok. (handing her my phone) Hey, call your phone. I want to leave you a message.
- She does.
- Let it go to voicemail.
Me: (handing her the phone) Here, tell yourself about the cute guy you just met.
- I have her save my number under Elliott Husband.
- Run a little comfort.
- Test the waters again.
“You have no idea the things I want to do to you right now.”
- If she seems really into it now, I try going for a walk again.
- If not, I take her back to her friend and tell her we’ll finish the honeymoon soon.
- I follow up with good text and/or phone game.
- I take her on a Day 2 where we end up back at my place.
We have sex.

rhali786
11-01-2008, 04:18 PM
This is very easy to see, Visual I mean. Well done.

Would you like us to throw in caveats to test this strategy??
for Example:

Me: Wait, we can’t get married. I don’t even know your name. I like to know the name of the woman I’m marrying.
She: consistently and politely tries to change the thread to avoid giving name (Shit Test not IOD)

I will definitely be trying this exercise! Do you plan on doing this for every thread opener you have?

eMinor
11-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Well, not many people will refuse to give their name (and if she does, she's begging to be teased). But yeah, I'd love to hear where you guys think things could go wrong or where I should handle things differently. And is this sequence of events reasonable to shoot for?

My biggest concern is post-move qualification to seduction.

sheriff
11-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Hey man, awesome you went through this!

Did you have trouble with any of the constituent parts, or are you at the point where you're starting to shorten the path from A to B?

React
11-01-2008, 08:32 PM
I see a Hot Girl.
- She is talking with her Friend.
- I approach them both with “Hey, are you guys having fun?”
[/quote]
NO!!! Don't ask this. It's better than some common AFC phrases, but its an AFC phrase. Never say this. It is supplicative and Beta. You could try
"Heeeeey!" or "wooooo!" Mehow style; or "Hey! How's your night going?"

- They give a nonchalant but courteous “Yes. Are you?”
Me: Hell yeah! I’m having a great time. (to Friend) Ok, on a scale of 1-10, how much fun are you having right now?
Friend: A 7!
- I take her hand, spin her around, “Ok, now you have to be at least an 8, right?”
Friend: Haha, yeah, I’m at an 8 now.
Me: (putting arm around Hottie) She wants one, too, doesn’t she?
Have any sets ever gone remotely in this direction with that opener? The bolded parts subcommunicate supplicative, approval seeking behavior that DLVs needlessly. Giving you the benefit of the doubt I likw how you are thinking to ramp up the kino when a set is going this well.

- I spin her and finish with a side hug, and I’m now positioned next to Hottie.
Me: This one went up TWO points, I can feel it. Oh, guess what? I just got married about 30 minutes ago.
Them: (a little startled) What?
Me: We ran into a bachelorette party before and they had these tiaras and giant fake rings. I had the bachelorette give me one of the rings, and she got down on one knee, proposed, the whole deal. Then the maid of honor married us, right there in the bar. I don’t know how her fiancé will take it, but I’m sure we can all work something out. We might have to move to Utah or something.
- They laugh. Good story.

Me: Actually, I’m going to see how many people I can marry tonight. (to Friend) Will you marry us?
Friend: Um, sure.
That whole sentence is fucking pointless don't say that. Feels creepy, not sure why exactly.

- Introduce and shake Hottie’s hand. Shake Friend’s hand.
- Tease/compliment Friend on handshake and run Handshake routine on her.
- Hopefully this leaves Hottie wanting more attention.
Me: Ok, we’re ready for the ceremony now. Oh, wait! I need a best man.

Okay, you're confusing the hell out of me now. So you start out in a set that hooks really well and you ramp up the kino to spinning them, they comply and you get to this point and you go for a handshake??? Fuck that. You don't shake hands with her after you've spun her around, you can take more than that, get a hug at the least, a kiss on the cheek. Something. You've also locked into your set, and you are gaming her friend harder than your target. In the real world your target would be looking around for someone to give her attention while you game the obstacle. You're obstacle is already disarmed since the set hooked well. You should run your attraction material on the target not the obstacle at this point.

- I pull a guy in to be my Wing (aka “best man”).

Don't bring guys you don't know into your sets, doing shit like this will randomly ruin sets for you. What if he creeps out the set, what if he amogs you and steals your target after you did the hard parts. Don't do this.

- If she complains about not having a maid of honor, we’ll pull in a girl for her.
- Maybe we just call my Wing a “witness” for better logistics.
- Now that the wedding party is assembled, I have her get down on one knee and use a ring she’s wearing to propose to me. I do a big dramatic acceptance.
- If she puts up any fuss about what’s happening, I just tell her it’s a fake wedding and this is how it’s done.
- I put my arm around Hottie and have the Friend say whatever she wants to marry us.

Ummm. She would definately put up a fuss,if she puts up a fuss and you try to force this uncomfortable roleplay - you will creep her out.

Hottie: I do.
Me: I do.

Assuming things ever get this far, wouldn't you have more room to play arond if you said "I don't" ?

I stopped reading after this. I think you actually need to get in field before you can benefit from an excercise like this. I like your routines but you need to refine them more to make them flexible so you aren't basing your game around forcing them into your routines.

Some of the things I think you are miscalibrating are compliance tests. Some of these fucking tests you are throwing at them are fucking huge, and if she is complying with them you need to take things to a more sexual level. You're not going to get the "bathroom fuck" with cute, non-sexual roleplays like that.

It's a good excercise I guess, I think its for people who have more in-field experience though.

Nutz
11-01-2008, 11:22 PM
snip

That's pretty quality stuff for building a framework of what you want your perfect pickup to look like, but you have to be careful not to fall into the "fantasy pickup" trap a lot of keyboard jockeys get into. Basically using that methodology you're fleshing out a routine stack/script from start to finish. And I agree it's a useful tool for sniffing out blind spots and sticking points. My point though is that nobody should entertain serious thoughts of a set actually running perfectly based on what you come up with. You can have "If this, do that" all you want and you'll never have all the variables covered. That's just the way it is. Instead, just think of it as an exercise to get your head into the game and chip away and things to watch out for.

eMinor
11-02-2008, 02:23 AM
Sheriff:
I did get a little stuck on what to do after the bachelorette story. Everything after that was just made up as I typed, which is why I wanted feedback on whether it made sense.

I'm also not sure about the qualification. The biggest thing I'm working on now is sexual escalation, which leads to making out in the bar, which leads to...bj's in the bathroom? Now I'm thrilled if that's what happens, but when it doesn't and I have to step back to qualification, I'm not completely comfortable with that part yet.

By the way, I really enjoyed all your instruction at the superconference.

Chill:
Yes, many of the sets I open with the "fun scale" and the spinning go just like that. And as I mentioned, where to go after the story was a sticking point.

You're right, some of that role play stuff is creepy and at that point, the kino should be at least at the hug level. So should we just jump to the fake wedding there and skip the ring proposal compliance test?

Obviously I brought in another guy to distract the friend, and it's ideal to have my real wing do it. But if I go in solo and it's just a two-set, will the friend let me take the target away if that leaves her all alone?

I like "I don't" if it ever gets that far.

Hey man, thank you very much for your input. Some good tips in there. This is only my second post on the forum because I go in-field to work on my game.

Nutz:
I almost included a disclaimer in the post that said I understood this is only an exercise and should not expect to follow it word for word in-set. I appreciate the concern though.