PDA

View Full Version : Duplication of Threads?

Scotty
04-07-2006, 02:57 AM
Guys, I don't know if anyone else has been noticing this but: (Mods please move if not in appropriate board)
There seems to be a lot of duplicated threads. If someone has good advice in response to someone's post, rather than post in that thread they will start a new thread completely (probably to score some rep points).
For example, how many Work out guides do we need? How many nutrition guides do we need? I have seen some of these threads and rather than make my own, I add my advice onto the end.
I don't know whether or not we need more sub division in boards, or people need to start combining their information to others threads?
I might be the only one that sees a problem with this, but your feedback is appreciated. I would like to have information more centralised, where you can get a lot of good information in one thread rather than having to browse 10 threads all on the same subject.
Thoughts?

Malibu
04-07-2006, 03:07 AM
Your right...but its hard to control because people will always be too lazy to search the entire forum for a post on a certain issue they want to find the answer to straight away. I mustadmit even I may be guilty of laziness from time to time!

annakin
04-07-2006, 05:17 AM
I was soo tempted to start another thread with the title "Duplicate Threads" but that really wouldn't be contributing much! :D
It's symptomatic of all message boards, people don't want to bring a thread off topic (threads always wander past the OP, it's kind of like how natural conversations go) and start other threads. That and beginners post four or five questions straight off the bat rather than read older posts.