PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed: How to Text an Old Fling? Its Bugging Me.

QuestionLA
10-2008-29, 01:21 PM
So. I'll give you a quick back story.

I was seeing this girl little over two months. I used some of the MM at first but eventually stopped. We moved very fast (talking at nights andtexting good mornings, etc.) and then it slowed down completely. She said there wasn't anybody else, and that she's just stressed. Which she was. Keep in mind she's younger (20) and has some baggage. It eventually faded to the point we didn't talk anymore. Which has bugged the hell out of me.

It has been little over a month since we last spoke (via text) and I want to shoot her a text. I want to see if there is any interest or regret, and to also see how she's doing, because shes a good girl. If I dont try something it'll just bug me.

2 Questions...

1. Should I even try?
2. What should I say in the text?

my text idea is..."I was just looking at 4th of July pictures and that about you. How have you been?

Thanks Guys appreciate the advice.

Libido
10-2008-29, 01:25 PM
Just text her like you used to, don't stress about it.

I would text, "Good morning" and run with it from there.

Libido

icefyre
10-2008-31, 06:14 AM
This is the perfect time for the "I just met your twin" text.

It seriously works. I texted a girl with the above after not talking to her for 10 months and we went out the next night.

HitmanATX
10-2008-31, 07:07 AM
she might have felt overwhelmed by the constant contact and got a "stalkerish" feeling from you.... i've just had that same issue and i had to back off alot just to make sure i didn't kill it...

so text/call but make it brief but have good energy.... refrain from saying you miss her and such.... just make it a fun call... then give it a few days and do it again

Mation
10-2008-31, 08:01 AM
This is the perfect time for the "I just met your twin" text.

It seriously works. I texted a girl with the above after not talking to her for 10 months and we went out the next night.

:) That's what I was going to say.

Mungojerry
10-2008-31, 09:34 AM
My alternative to the twin line is...

"OMG, I just saw your image on a piece of toast! Seriously!"