PDA

View Full Version : Movie/TV quotes conducive to picking up girls...

mrpublic
10-2008-22, 07:08 AM
Usually quoting movies or shows can come accross as kind of dorklike, but there are a few quotes that have ingrained themselves into my normal speech because they’re ones that are funny even if the person listening doesn’t know the origin, and even funnier if they do.

One of my favorite sources is Hansel, Owen Wilson’s supermodel character from the movie Zoolander. Here are some of his more highly-quotable lines (watch the movie to check out his delivery)...

1) “Alright, alright, alright!” (Enthusiastically, when entering a new location.)
2) “I hear a lot of words like "beauty" and "handsomeness" and "incredibly chiseled features." To me that's like a vanity... a self-absorbtion that I try to steer clear of.”
3) “That’s the way I live my life, I grip and I rip it.”
4) “Whatever, man. Peace... (holding finer tips together in prayer stance) God bless!”
5) “I’ve never even heard of that... I just spent the last few weeks chilling with spider monkeys on the coast of St. Barts, trippin’ on acid... changed my whole perspective on shit.” (Or whatever ridiculous experience, ended with the last phrase.)
6) “Who you trying to get crazy with ese? Don’t you know... I’m loco?” (Said while pointing fingers to own head.
7) “Oh SNAP! How do you live... how do you LIVE!”
8) “I’m sorry... I was whack!”
9) “Earth to X...” (Where X is someone’s name. Also bonus points for taking the first letter of someone’s name and adding “rock” or “bone” after it as a nickname.)
10) If you win anything, like thumb wrestling, shouting out “DEAL with that!”
11) “You is talkin’ loco, and I LIKE it!”
12) Finally (and this is actually Will Ferrel’s line), referring to things and people with the phrase... “That X, it’s so hot right now!”

You guys have any movie quotes or characters that you regularly steal like this?

Sy
10-2008-23, 04:44 AM
Anything by Hank Moody from Californication:

Hank Moody: I love women. I have all their albums.

Hank Moody: You can't snort a line of coke off a woman’s ass and not wonder about her hopes and dreams, it's not gentlemanly.

# Oh look at the clock, the big hand says 'fuck' and the little hand says 'off'

Were just some I could find.

Radiating
10-2008-23, 05:14 AM
Hank Moody actually plays the INADVERTENT alpha theme in californication. In that he is an AFC living an alpha lifestyle.

The things he actually means or has himself emotional latched onto are actually UNCOOL and not cool, unless you have his frame.

IF you want to take anything from him, take the jokes and things he doesn't care about, like the clock line. That is dope.

I can't believe some one mentioned this, if you even watch the show you'll notice for example that coke line was from a scene where he was trying to mask that he was needy and at the bottom of the food chain.

Radiating
10-2008-23, 05:21 AM
If you want something cool take what the character Vincent Chase says in Entourage. Everything he says is short and easy to remember and adapt too, which is a plus.:)

Sy
10-2008-23, 01:36 PM
Hank Moody is much cooler than Vinnie.

The fact that Hank is a little self loathing is part of the attraction. Its a different market and not as wooden. It's not an ideal, but I'd much rather have a surfer girl with an amazing record collection, than a party girl who loves to shake her butt to hip hop.

Personal choice.