PDA

View Full Version : How to break up.

Zodd
10-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Hey guys. Have another question. I have been dating this girl for a while, and want to break it off. I just don't really want a relationship right now, and if I do break up with her i'm afraid I'll hurt her. I really don't want this. I like being single and able to practice my game. I'm only 19 and want to remain single for a while (or until I find that right one). I have just sorta lost interest in this girl. We have intercourse quite a bit but I have just lost interest in her. I am meeting so many other girls I know would be willing to date me and or be intimate with me. I just hate being limited, and cheating is against my morals. Any help with this one? Thanks in advance.

shelbyz
10-13-2008, 03:11 PM
I second this question. I've had a couple breakups that werent too fun. Even though we'd only been dating for a little while. While i woudlnt say cheating is against my "morals" i feel really bad whenever i do it lol. I havent found any easy way to do it myself i've just used the we should just be friends line lol. Anyone have any better ideas?

shelbyz

Purple_Constantine
10-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Aight, breakups are always a bitch, nothing else to it. The real question is is it right to lie to them about what your feeling just so that you can feel better about yourself for not hurting them? No, its not, thats selfish. So break up with them it may suck at the time but in the long run it will be better for both of you.

Snooke3
10-13-2008, 04:43 PM
What up Zodd,

This is not a “normal” break-up where there was a problem or incident in the relationship, which led to the disharmony.

This is about you. You’re obviously changing, improving your game, and coming into your own. Therefore, there’s nothing she can do, and any attempt at “fixing” it will result in milking the relationship, until you finally break up with her in disastrous fashion and crush her.

So I think you should be straightforward with her, but gentle. Don’t leave room for discussion or negotiation, as that might lead her on and/or possibly yourself.

Be careful tho, this break-up seems to be out of left-field from you. Shock, denial and anger are inevitable. Other side effects could be more severe.

Zodd
10-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Hey bro how's it going? I appreciate the advice, I don't really know how i'm gonna do it. I guess i'll just tell her that I want to be just friends because I feel our relationship isn't really going anywhere. I'm sure it's inevitable to hurt her. I just hope she doesn't go nuts.

R V C A
10-13-2008, 08:29 PM
why dont you just tell the truth?

kremie
10-13-2008, 08:37 PM
tell her to get out and that you've found someone else, she can either take it hard or easy so just do it.

Zodd
10-13-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm not going to be a dick. And I am telling the truth. The relationship isn't going anywhere, and I have just lost interest.

kremie
10-14-2008, 05:32 AM
if you've lost interest, you won't have any problem telling her to find someone else or that you've found someone else.

nyplaya610
10-17-2008, 02:59 PM
tell her to get out and that you've found someone else, she can either take it hard or easy so just do it.

lol thats funny but very hurtful..

I dont think u shld tell her that u dont see the raltionship going anywhere.. cuz like some1 above said.. u dont want to leave any room for discussion.. just b straight up with her and tell her that u dont see urself in a relationship at the moment and that u're sorry but u rather b straight up with her then let her fall for u more then she already has.

TrueStory
10-17-2008, 03:07 PM
How many of you guys went through this crap

YouTube - Tales Of Mere Existence "How To Break Up"

Dude it's best if you break up and don't talk to her again.

Zodd
10-20-2008, 01:11 PM
I appreciate all your advice. I told her that I just feel as though we should be friends, and I cherish that relationship too much to get more involved with her and then hurt her. She was upset, and hasn't talked to me since.

Lucretius
10-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Don't expect to talk to her for a long while. No matter what words are exchanged, this doesn't change the fact that when feelings are asymmetrical in a relationship, the relationship is going to suck. She likes you in a romantic way, you don't like her in that way. It's too awkward for her so she is going to avoid you like the plague for a while.

Thus is life. Breaking up isn't easy; but a man's gotta get things done. Just be glad you had the stones to do it and not drag it out forever.

Zodd
10-22-2008, 12:36 PM
She hasn't talked to me or anything. She's even in one of my classes and sits right next to me and still doesn't talk to me. I'm cool with it though. I was really nice about the break up and wasn't an ass. If she gets over it and is mature about it that's cool and if she is the opposite that's cool too. In the mean time I'm optimizing my game and making more women friends.

Lucretius
10-22-2008, 12:58 PM
She hasn't talked to me or anything. She's even in one of my classes and sits right next to me and still doesn't talk to me. I'm cool with it though. I was really nice about the break up and wasn't an ass. If she gets over it and is mature about it that's cool and if she is the opposite that's cool too. In the mean time I'm optimizing my game and making more women friends.

A girl that broke things off with me a year ago is in my class, and she doesn't speak to me unless I open up to her, and even then she barely says a word to me. Granted I was AFC as shit back then but, I'm a changed man obviously now. Still, she won't have anything to do with me.

I'm not saying your situation will be the same, but, here's a life example of how this shit might turn out.

Best of luck to you pal.

Zodd
10-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I don't think we'll speak again. I'm not broken up about it though. I have so many friends and ppl I've met so far. I just moved here and have been gaming the hell out of ppl at my college. It's great, I already have dates lined up for next week with 3 different girls. Appreciate the advice lucretius. Hope to see you at one of the workshops sometime. I am saving money this year to go to one.