PDA

View Full Version : Joining social groups in college

Muzzi17
09-23-2008, 08:06 AM
I've been in college for only 4 days now. I meet people pretty much everywhere I go. Each night I hang out with some new people. The thing is I can't relate to the things they talk about. They typically talk about past experiences that I was not apart of. These people either room together or became friends before college. Hanging out and playing sports sounds like the best thing but I have an injury that wont heal for about 3 months. Any advice?

jdawgmcb
09-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Clubs my friend, clubs. :)

cagabr
09-23-2008, 11:20 AM
community college advice with not a lot of clubs....thx

Muzzi17
09-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks, any other advice?

YoungMuney
09-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks, any other advice?

do you go to MU by chance? (Mizzi sounds kind of like mizzou)

Casanoah
09-23-2008, 03:01 PM
I strongly recommend joining a frat. I never saw myself as the one to enter a frat, but every guy in a frat will tell you the same thing. As soon as I joined the frat, I got a number close from an HB9. I was in school for 4 weeks before that with no number closes or anything. Plus all the frat guys have your back to whatever situation it may be.

YoungMuney
09-23-2008, 03:22 PM
i dont mean to thread hijack but do frats accept new people every year or every semester?

cagabr
09-23-2008, 04:01 PM
semester at my friends school

Muzzi17
09-23-2008, 05:01 PM
I have no problem closing, its just the social circle part. I've been working on my game for a few days now lol, but have been on the forums for a while. i live in the northwest

fasttrack
09-23-2008, 05:38 PM
You need to get out and meet new people. Become good friends with them and, in time, you will be able to relate with them. Coming into a new social circle is hard, you have to prove yourself to the group to get accepted. One trick is to find the "leader" of the social circle and become friends with them more then the others, that way, they can vouch for you if there is doubt about you among other members.

Yes you will not be able to relate at first, but give it time.

Another trick, try to join a social circle that is dominated by gay guys. I did this on accident recently, I met a group of guys on accident through a friend at the club and found out they were all gay. They have a TON of HB friends, as soon as they find out that I am straight, they begin to beg for your attention.

Just a few thoughts...

Good Luck Man!

cagabr
09-23-2008, 05:42 PM
haha join the gay guys one cuz they got all the HB friends
tru dat lol

Muzzi17
09-23-2008, 09:30 PM
You need to get out and meet new people. Become good friends with them and, in time, you will be able to relate with them. Coming into a new social circle is hard, you have to prove yourself to the group to get accepted. One trick is to find the "leader" of the social circle and become friends with them more then the others, that way, they can vouch for you if there is doubt about you among other members.

Yes you will not be able to relate at first, but give it time.

Another trick, try to join a social circle that is dominated by gay guys. I did this on accident recently, I met a group of guys on accident through a friend at the club and found out they were all gay. They have a TON of HB friends, as soon as they find out that I am straight, they begin to beg for your attention.

Just a few thoughts...

Good Luck Man!

I'll definitely try that. Its funny...my I'm getting a new roommate and he's gay. He's got a lot of HB friends hahaha. Just met him the other day and we were both looking for new roommates.