PDA

View Full Version : Good openers for College Library?

hydro1337
09-16-2008, 04:07 AM
Hey guys,

I'm stumped at the moment. I feel like theres an invisible barrier between me and these hot chicks. There are absolutely packs of smoking hot babes who study in the library at my college. Does anyone know any good openers that don't seem completely out of place?

I've tried low-risk openers such as "do you have the time?" but its way too hard to transition.

jtrizzyack
09-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Ugh, get that "do you have time" crap out of your head. It's a fake direct opener. The reason direct openers were established was because people like me got tired of holding 20 minute ACS conversations with every single set in the bar.

In the library is more like day game, which I am lacking. But why not, I'll take a stab. I would field test some of these:

Sit down next to her and in a very serious tone/face, say "Oh I wrote that one, you like it don't ya?" And then carry on a conversation about the book which you have no clue about. Tell her how you wanted to reach out and touch the hearts of millions of children. Tell her that some day you'll solve world hunger and peace, which is going to be covered in your next book called "Solving World Hunger and Peace." She should laugh at this, because some random guy walked up to her and just started bullshitting her on the book he has never even heard of, telling her what it's about. Don't drag the cocky/funny out TOO long, because it can get to a point where it's annoying and redundant. But it should make it easy to ask her what she's doing, what she is studying, etc. Close by saying "Well, I got more books to write. Let me get your number and we'll meet up sometime." Then you can call her and be like "hey, it's John, you know, the guy writing all the books you read."

I just made that up, should work. But it is a library, so why not try something like this:

Sit down next to a hottie, pull out your notebook. Write at the top of the page "Why I'm Incredible." Leave it blank, as if you came to the library to sit down and think about all the reasons why you're incredible (major cocky/funny theme going here). On the upper right corner, write a little note saying "Want to help me with this assignment?" Give her a nice little cocky smile when you hand it to her. Obviously it could backfire, she could think you're just a huge douchebag, but I would think many girls would find it funny. If she doesn't like it, it's time to play the asshole card. Just take your paper back and start writing things down, and pretend like you just discovered several very cool things (like a "Oh shit.. that's right! I forgot about that trait" type of reaction). Do that for a while, then either do your regular homework or go find another place to try it out.

I just thought those two up. Try 'em out.

cagabr
09-16-2008, 12:42 PM
the second is hilarious

Hitman47
09-16-2008, 02:38 PM
I actually love the first one.
Gonna try it for sure.
It is a real C&F, cuz ur mocking urself basically but in a way of only smb who has a so-high-value of himself he can never be put down.

And the chicks logical brain will jst cheer up and not put blocks after blocks : )
Thank u OP

kingkobe
09-19-2008, 01:57 AM
Hahah, "Tell her that some day you'll solve world hunger and peace, which is going to be covered in your next book called "Solving World Hunger and Peace." ... priceless.. good shit man.