09-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Hey what fellow gamers!
well ima college student and work a crappy minimum wage job
i live like 20 minutes from hollywood
so Me and my wingman just began hitting up the Hollywood blvd clubs
and i gotta say we loooove it!
its the shit!
however, it is getting a little expensive
like the parking and the entrance too and then when ur in the field u do get thirsty and have to buy fuckin $5 water
lol
anyways i know its sounds like a stupid question
but id like to know if u guys have any tips or tricks for saving money when u go club sarging
every dollar that i can save matters
btw
i coundnt find nothing on this subject in the serach
and i didnt kno excactly where to post this thread
feel free to move it to its appropriate spot

irockhard
09-08-2008, 02:16 PM
same problem here, well it's not as expensive as Hollywood. But every time I go to the club, it's $5 cover. So it's at least $10 a weekend, $40 a month at the very least. I guess this is the price I have to pay to become a PUAl, literally.

Moneybagz
09-08-2008, 02:25 PM
it all depends.....hmmmmm....do u drink alcohol??? if this is the case..

the cheapest way to save money is buy a bottle before you go out..or basically get drunk or buzzed before you go out..

(only works if you have designated driver unless ya really dont care)

and then hmmm u'll prolly spent about less than 20-40 dollars for that night

El Tiburon
09-08-2008, 02:31 PM
nah dude no alcohol for me
i sarge sober
but thnx for the tip
it will proly help others,
i do get thirsty though after
sarging 4-6 hours

Moneybagz
09-08-2008, 02:46 PM
well if you only drink water...ask the bartender that u want water wit ice..

that water they have on tap is free..just give her a quick 1 dollar tip or sometin so she wont get tired of doin it all night....

parkin there is no tip unless u have my friends like in my city who have parkin passes for their downtown jobs...but i dont know how ur city is set up for the night life

TheRogue
09-08-2008, 05:08 PM
like the parking and the entrance too and then when ur in the field u do get thirsty and have to buy fuckin $5 water
lol

Ok, for parking, try getting there early and finding street parking. If not, then carpool and split the cost.

Entrance: most clubs have guest lists and/or promoters. To find if a club has a guest list, check their website for an e-mail, or call them up and ask about the guest list. That will usually get you at least half off the entrance fee, if not waive the fee altogether. I don't know if being a guy will matter for that, but if you're worried, get a female friend to call for you and put your name on the list.

Promoters you just gotta meet and befriend. They can give you deals/put you on the guest list as well.

$5 dollar water: that's crazy. All the clubs I go to have tap water free. If a club doesn't...well, can't help you there.

Rogue

MAG!C
09-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Who said $40 a month? LOL
Guy your a champ! $40 a month for clubbing?
Fuck, my friends spend up to $180+ a NIGHT, now that is pretty fucking expansive. I would LOVE to learn how you do the $40/month thing [for begginers]

Just some general tips that were said before, I'd say it again (Just so I can add my 2cents)

Parking: Find someone who lives in Downtown, they will usually have "visitor" parkings that are available up to 3AM, or go with 3/4 people, that way it'll be cheaper to pitc in for gas and parking lot

Entrance/Alcohol: BOOK 1, SECTION 1, PAGE 1, "MAKE FRIENDS WITH PROMOTERS"
Go to nightclubs, have an awesome time, but look out for promoters. I don't know how you guys do it up there in USA, but here in Toronto when a sick song comes down... and I mean a KICK ASS electro house track, everyone goes nuts, everyone goes to the dance floor, making circles, jumping up and down and shit. Totally bananas! That is when you come close to the promoters and start jumping up and down with them, smile and have fun. They will notice it RIGHT AWAY and feed you vodka, or nod there head to you as in, "Niiiiceeee". Just showing respect.

Come back 5 minutes later and tell them whatta sick party it is, compliment them on there work [they love it]. Then from there is pure smooth sailing, you will never pay again. You will always be covered.

TIP: ALWAYS CARRY A LIGHTER WITH YOU

Oh, and like it was said before, go to the club website. The usually offer guestlist which either A) does reduced cover, or B) gives you a free cover

Oh and I donno if you guys have it there, but here in Toronto, Friday/Saturday night, 10: 30 - 11: 30 is such apeak hour, that a lot of promoters are outside giving out free passes to the clubs

HumorUS
09-08-2008, 06:04 PM
I spend 5 bucks a night...
Everyone is SPOT on with getting to know the promoters.. but even better is getting to know the bouncers and bartenders!

I havent paid cover in like 2 months... they love me at the clubs im always running around and making everyone have a good time, so the bouncers like having me around.

make friends in high places... or take a boat load of HB;s with you as pivots and usually bouncers will let you in for free..

the only 5 bucks i spend come from tipping, or buying a red bull.. (HIGH ENERGY BABY!)

Moneybagz
09-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Who said $40 a month? LOL
Guy your a champ! $40 a month for clubbing?
Fuck, my friends spend up to $180+ a NIGHT, now that is pretty fucking expansive. I would LOVE to learn how you do the $40/month thing [for begginers]

Just some general tips that were said before, I'd say it again (Just so I can add my 2cents)

Parking: Find someone who lives in Downtown, they will usually have "visitor" parkings that are available up to 3AM, or go with 3/4 people, that way it'll be cheaper to pitc in for gas and parking lot

Entrance/Alcohol: BOOK 1, SECTION 1, PAGE 1, "MAKE FRIENDS WITH PROMOTERS"
Go to nightclubs, have an awesome time, but look out for promoters. I don't know how you guys do it up there in USA, but here in Toronto when a sick song comes down... and I mean a KICK ASS electro house track, everyone goes nuts, everyone goes to the dance floor, making circles, jumping up and down and shit. Totally bananas! That is when you come close to the promoters and start jumping up and down with them, smile and have fun. They will notice it RIGHT AWAY and feed you vodka, or nod there head to you as in, "Niiiiceeee". Just showing respect.

Come back 5 minutes later and tell them whatta sick party it is, compliment them on there work [they love it]. Then from there is pure smooth sailing, you will never pay again. You will always be covered.

TIP: ALWAYS CARRY A LIGHTER WITH YOU

Oh, and like it was said before, go to the club website. The usually offer guestlist which either A) does reduced cover, or B) gives you a free cover

Oh and I donno if you guys have it there, but here in Toronto, Friday/Saturday night, 10: 30 - 11: 30 is such apeak hour, that a lot of promoters are outside giving out free passes to the clubs

dummmy i said 40 dollars a night..

and lol i spend alot of money i was tellin him since he doesn't drink

i usually get vip because i used to club promote..but i would just buy a bottle of champagne or open a big tab...i spend about 100-300 on a normal night dude..

dont try to act like wat your friends spend is big

kink
09-08-2008, 10:02 PM
If you decide to go DD, tell your friends you'll car pool if they pay for your cover. It saves everyone on taxi costs, you get into whatever club for free, and only really costs you the two/three bucks in gas. TADA! Costs me barely anything to go out, maybe $30 a month in VanCity.