PDA

View Full Version : Recovering from a night of drunk texting..

thethinblueline
09-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Phone + Alcohol = Problem

Last night it went out with all of my friends for fun... not sarging. I usually put password protection on my phone so that I can't play with it when I'm drunk, but this night I forgot. Oh, it was an amazing night.

And of course... I started texting targets in my phone. Approximately 14 to be exact. Awful.

There's one that might be recoverable. Here's the jist of the convo:

**earlier, we had discussed night plans... she said she "might" go out**

Blueline: Hey did you come out tonight?
HB: No I stayed at home. I may be the designated driver later though.
BL: Oh. Well I'm out, and I'm gooooone.
HB: haha. Does that mean you need a ride home?
**way too drunk to realize the implications of what that might have meant..**
BL: oh I'm crashing at a friends. Sometime a drink though. I kinda text when I'm drunk. It happens.
HB: haha well I do it too. Its okay
BL:yeah its craaazy. My friends have too much drama.
HB: oh? How so?
BL: Two friends wanna hook up but wont, two friends are breaking up. Annoying
HB:haha you're in a fun mess
BL: oh yes story of my life. still fun though

According to my phone, her replies were all within a minute of me texting her. That can't be bad.

*Sighs* Any thoughts on recovering? I'm definitely thinking I shouldn't text or call for several days.

thanks

CCarter
09-06-2008, 07:30 PM
recover?! you have nothing to recover from...text her again if you want saying something like, "I was just sorting through my drunk texts and saw you were a victim, you have fun last night?"

i don't know i just pulled that out of my ass, but as far as i'm concerned you don't need to recover from anything

10Zoewest
09-07-2008, 06:42 PM
recover?! you have nothing to recover from...text her again if you want saying something like, "I was just sorting through my drunk texts and saw you were a victim, you have fun last night?"

i don't know i just pulled that out of my ass, but as far as i'm concerned you don't need to recover from anything

That's exactly what I would do.
I would change the ending to something like "Hope you had as fun as I did last night", so when she brings up the fact about being the DD again you can suggest going out another night.