PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting/Gaming in College

aSyKoTiC
08-31-2008, 02:32 PM
okay so at my old college i was basically the prince of the school. no overexaggerating. i had my social circle, i had a queue of people who wanted in on my social circle, i had cocky funny down to the tee but now i'm moving college and all my friends are going to uni and i'm a bit stuck.

basically my whole social circle came along due to absolute luck and a few awesome people absolutley loving me for no reason. now they're gone (well they're going), i'll only have 1/20 of my social circle remaining.

when i go to my new college, i wanna make a good first impression. i'm decent when it comes to 1o1 gaming but i think i'm going to come across too cocky or too complacent in a college environment because i'm used to being the man.

any hints or tips please xxxx

jtrizzyack
09-01-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm sensing some incongruence. I don't understand how you can be popular and run shit at the old school, yet you're afraid about what first impression you're going to set at the new one.

You need to just go in there and meet new people and forget about what people think about you. That's how alpha works, you set the frame, and you control what other people think. You influence them, not the other way around. Just be outgoing and open to meeting new people, the rest sorts itself out.

aSyKoTiC
09-01-2008, 09:13 AM
yea its just totally wierd because i basically had everything at my old place on a plate and it had been that way for a long time.

i think its the fact that a lot a lot of my friends are going.