PDA

View Full Version : Do girls toss hair out of habit or to flirt?

Muzzi17
08-27-2008, 07:46 PM
So I've read books on body language etc. One flirting signal is when a woman tosses her hair in order to throw off her scent toward other males. I'm kind of confused. Do girls ever do this out of habit or do they do this to flirt? I've got a coworker that always tosses her hair and looks for split ends lol. I just don't know if this is out of habit or not. I'm the only male that works with her. She recently got a BF so it would make sense that she does this out of habit and not to flirt with me because she's not the type that would pull that off.

Vampyro
08-27-2008, 07:51 PM
She does it so you can say

You: Do you always do that?
HB: Do what?
You: HA! I'm not telling you because then you'll stop! *smile and wink*
HB: *self concious* COME ON TELL ME!
You: (cocky smile)

sdnightfly
08-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Half the time it means the hair is getting in the way. Sometimes it's really obvious, sometimes they don't even realize they're doing it.

It's just something you'll gauge over time.

Biting the lower lip is another hint they're interested, I don't see it mentioned often though.

Muzzi17
08-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Yeah she never bites her lips, but we end of making brief eye contact for like 3 seconds at a time. Her hair doesn't get in the way. It stays out of her face for the most part.

Muzzi17
08-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Hahahah by the way I like your advice Vampyro

dasb00t
08-28-2008, 12:41 AM
haha, nice one vampyro. Ive noticed it a few times when I talk to girls, and I just get this kick out of it..You will know when its the real deal. I still remember when I was talking to this girl outside of a party and she almost began ripping her hair off, right before I went in for the kiss.

Circe
08-30-2008, 02:10 PM
I'm with Vampyro, lol.

Speaking as a girl: it's both. I have really long hair, and so half the time I'm flipping it just to get it out of the way. But when I'm flirting with someone, the hair stuff goes from casually flipping it out of the way to flipping it a lot, or flipping it then letting it fall back in the way so I can flip it again, or running my hands through it, or twirling it with my fingers. I know it's hot so I draw attention to it.

Try baselining her. See her in a situation where she's really comfortable, or where it's all women. If she flips her hair a lot then, too, it's probably just habit. If you notice the flipping happening a lot more in other situations, then consider it a flag.

Muzzi17
08-30-2008, 03:44 PM
So I guess its just an intuitive feeling that I need to gauge. I even have a friend that has flirty body language to start with so its hard to know when shes being real.

agold7964
09-08-2008, 08:47 PM
both. some will do it, just like when u r talking to somebody, and u r playing with your napkin, or spinning a pencil on your finger, or taking your ring on and off your finger, you and they do it because they feel somewhat uncomfortable and have, generally, a little tention that they let loose by playing with there hair.
when they are talking to an attractive guy, it can PUT PRESURE on them and its hard for them to stay still, so they take the presure/tention/w/e u wanna call it out on there hair.

i remember this one girl in school, whenver i would talk to her, she would play with her hair so hard and so much i though she was gonna pull it out of her head!

Muzzi17
09-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Lol, pretty funny. I haven't had one pull out hair, but with light strokes. Sometimes its obvious for example I was hanging out with friends at someones house. We were all just watching a movie and talking. I was laying on the ground and the girl laying next to me started shoving her hair on my pillow when it wasn't in her way.

Another time we all went out to the movies and a friend started caressing her herself, stroking her hair, thrusting her breast forward, etc when I was sitting next to her. She also grabbed my ass on the way into the theaters as one guy yelled "muzzi17's a pimp, I've been trying to date that girl since high school." Its also really confusing because I don't know if shes being real. She has flirty body language to start with so its hung up in the air for me.

Swish36
09-08-2008, 10:54 PM
She does it so you can say

You: Do you always do that?
HB: Do what?
You: HA! I'm not telling you because then you'll stop! *smile and wink*
HB: *self concious* COME ON TELL ME!
You: (cocky smile)

This is exactly what I would do.
Then after you tell her this, see whats her reaction

Joker77
09-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Quick answer: it means both. You need to also check out what other signals she's throwing your way, if any. Tossing her hair but then looking for split ends or chewing on it would convey something in the area of she's not flirting. However, if she tosses and starts fidgeting with something or (like a previous poster said) bites her lip, it most likely indicates flirting. You need to take notice of all her body language in situations like that.

5uave
09-11-2008, 01:58 AM
Subconscious flirting.
They may not know.

iWitness
09-12-2008, 08:19 AM
It's all about calibration man, I agree with Circe (nice name btw) try finding her baseline.

-iWitness

jtrizzyack
09-12-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm sitting in class now and lots of girls are playing with their hair. I would say the hair alone does not mean they're flirting. Look for repeated eye contact, lip biting, tilting of the head, in addition.