PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Text Response

SwordJunkie
08-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Sorry guys, not gonna happen...but you CAN answer my text game question.

Recently I have had girls text me basically because they just want attention (ie "SwordJunkie, I'm bored" etc.). I am field testing a few responses to these, but they come up infrequently enough that I thought I'd save some time and come to you all for help.

Response 1: Ignore

HB: "Swordjunkie, I'm bored..."
SJ: doesn't respond

Intuitively, this seems the best. By responding at all, it seems as if you are buying into her frame of using you for entertainment/validation, and you are rewarding bratty behavior.

Response 2: Ignore/Start New Thread

SJ: "lol I just punched a nun" (or something else totally unrelated)

I have used this basically when I'm in the middle of texting anyway, she wants attention, but I want to keep texting her for whatever reason. The goals here are the same as above, but to keep the convo going.

Response 3: Give crazy suggestion

SJ: "Have you tried square dancing? I hear that's fun."

I haven't tried this, but I wanted more than two options. Just kinda would want to bust on her a bit maybe. Not too sure.

For guys who have experience with this (instructors/lounge members especially), I would love to hear your comments and what has worked for you. Thanks in advance!

Braddock
08-21-2008, 01:11 AM
Girl: "I'm bored..."

Braddock: "Have you considered overthrowing the leader of a small 3rd world country? It's not as fun as Xbox, but it helps pass the time."

SwordJunkie
08-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Hey Braddock, that's hilarious, but I really care more about WHY things work and what type of things you're trying to accomplish than just get a funny text line.

Are you just trying to give her a ridiculous answer to make her laugh and show you you aren't too concerned about her being bored? Thanks.

DanJer
08-28-2008, 10:15 PM
If you think it's a test. Then it's to see if your fun.

Ignoring it won't help. She'l go somewhere else to find entertainment.

Changing topic or telling her to do something both relieve her bordom.

You could try some roleplay. So she escapes the boring situation with you.

I'd tell her to go cook me some giant choc-chip cookies. Cause thats what good women do for men.