PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Attention

KennyBear
07-21-2008, 05:32 AM
So I'm kinda new to this whole PU thing and I've had some limited success before by depending on my looks but I decided I want to approach any woman I want to not only those who want me to approach them so I decided to get this pu thing figured out.

Now onto my question, the first 2 sets I've approached using opinion openers didn't go so well. Both times I managed to get the group's attention and deliver the first part of the openers (Jealous GF and Drunk I love yous) but when it came time to answer my target just kinda started talking to some friends that had come by in the first set and in the second set she turned around and went to a friend that was nearby and I was just there talking to their friends (each were a 2-set). At the end of the second one her friend was nice to me but in the end she asked "why did you ask us this?"

So just let me know if you can tell me a way to fix this please, I'm starting to thing opinion openers just don't work in brazilian girls :(

Red_Nine
07-21-2008, 06:17 AM
Stack before they can ask. If you let the discussion about your opener go too long and trail off the girls will make it boring and then blame you for boring them. Stack.

IF you get someone asking "why are you here" or any other variation, either re-frame it: "hey, you're really confident, I like that, are you always so forward with men?"

Or possibly "is she always like this? how do you roll with her?"

Or just excuse yourself if you think the set has tanked.

Spanish_Prisoner
07-21-2008, 06:30 AM
it's the delivery and not the words that matter.

KennyBear
07-21-2008, 07:22 AM
I suppose, maybe it's just that walking up to a stranger to ask for an opinion still seems kinda weird to me and maybe it's showing, I'll try to practice on making it more spontaneous.

jegnaw
07-23-2008, 04:39 PM
excellent topic.... I just posted same exact problem I had here http://www.theattractionforums.com/forum/30-forum/73427-what-happened.html

Anyway, I think you are one step ahead of me because you are using opinion openers.

I think the most important thing is calibration, when you sense disinterest in the set, stop the opener routine and tease, do some cocky comedy stuff, then when have attention back to the routine, then back to cocky comedy, some kino, basically for the 1st few moments you are a clown with a bunch of 5-6 year olds. Once you reach the hook point you can relax and be in cruise control.

This is the difference b/n older and younger women and day and night games. Older women specially in a day game really listen and let you finish your routine. If you are congruent you can open anyone and be safely in A2, from there its upto you and your luck, such as she is not in a hurry etc...
In a night game, with drunk, excited younger rowdy girls, its like herding stampeding chicken.

jegnaw
07-23-2008, 04:50 PM
I suppose, maybe it's just that walking up to a stranger to ask for an opinion still seems kinda weird to me and maybe it's showing, I'll try to practice on making it more spontaneous.

You are exactly on point. I feel absolutely the same way.
If you feel it, then it shows no matter how much you try to fake it, specially to women. They are way to experienced than you in this regard. The only thing you can do be experienced some day and most of all believe.

Believe you are the catch and the girls should be in could9 for having your time.

Believe you are the best option she has in that house.

Believe she will respond enthusiastically to your approach. If she doesn't she lost a great opportunity. (This is called an optimistic outlook.) Some one wrote (Dead Eye Dick) he will put his money on the newbie PUA who is optimistic rather than one who can recite Style's book "the Game" backwards but has a negative outlook in life.

One more thing.. approach with the same or slightly higher energy level than the set.

One other thing.. I am sure you must have felt dammit how come all this other guys come in here and game and hook these girls so easily and you can't.. right?
The answer is don't. Here are some reasons.
1. No the success you are talking about mostly is not a success at all.
2. Most rejection don't show. The guys you see laughing with a girl possibly must have been blown off but he is laughing it off while burning inside.
3. Most enthusiastic interactions are b/n women and men who know each other prior to that point in time.
4. Some are related and/or are siblings.
5. Extremely few are naturals and/or experienced PUAs who spent years if not decades in the game.
6. Other are AFCs who are buying drinks or just begging around.

If I were you I will take the time to really observe what seems successful interaction is really that successful. Heck my friends think I am the best guy they know when it comes to talking and attracting women. They see my openers (check the link above) and say, can't believe you talked to that girl. Haha shish!!!

silverghost
07-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Openers are just that... they are here to open. They dont attract (most of them) they dont do nothing other than open. When you are done with your opener (loud voice etc u know the drill, if u dont u need to learn the basics.) make an observation and start with a routine or a story or something. Dont wait till they look at you like "yeeeeees... got anything else to say?" You are keeping court. Take it somewhere...

EDIT: on a side note as they already said up, if u feel like its weird to ask for an opinion then it will sound and look weird. Open 50 sets the least with opinions and u ll get better. If you opened just 3 sets and didnt go well then ... well this is how its supposed to go. Some of us have opened more than 1000 sets and still we find some situations weird.

Reaction1
07-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Openers are just that... they are here to open. They dont attract (most of them) they dont do nothing other than open. When you are done with your opener (loud voice etc u know the drill, if u dont u need to learn the basics.) make an observation and start with a routine or a story or something. Dont wait till they look at you like "yeeeeees... got anything else to say?" You are keeping court. Take it somewhere...

EDIT: on a side note as they already said up, if u feel like its weird to ask for an opinion then it will sound and look weird. Open 50 sets the least with opinions and u ll get better. If you opened just 3 sets and didnt go well then ... well this is how its supposed to go. Some of us have opened more than 1000 sets and still we find some situations weird.

Exactlly, openers are just there to open. To start it all out.
Once you are done with your opener you need to stack. start a DHV story, observe what the things around you are. Where did you open them at? Neg. Keep the energy moving so that they dont have to ask you "why are you here"

Bobby Dazzler
07-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Dude,
Thats one problem i see with some openers is why would you ask them that?

If i was you i would think of the opener as rubbish,once its done.Dont even think of it,go to something to gain attraction.Your putting to much attention on the opener when its just a polite way to interrupt them.

Have confidence,dont lose your frame theyve only girls.
Peace.

KennyBear
07-24-2008, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the help. I was listening to the opening and transition interview with savoy and sinn and I spotted some of my most fatal mistakes. I think the biggest one was pausing too much when I talk and maybe talking too slow (when are we supposed to talk with a deep slow voice? attraction? comfort?) and in a loud club they just lost attention.

By the way has anyone used brad p.'s shocker openers, I just bought one of his ebooks, seems like good stuff maybe more congruent with my personality.