PDA

View Full Version : Open/Txt game

SFBlackRob
07-17-2008, 04:07 PM
This is my 1st post: This is not a sarge...just happenstance. Just trying to focus on what I should be doing in the future. I'm trying to initiate a back and forth text before I call her to build up time and comfort...since the beginning was soft.

I'm tired as hell from the night before & it's right after work....overloaded on caffeine so compensate and I was off. Walking into the subway obliviously I cut this girl off in the turnstile. I realize what I did and let her pass. She smiles & says something I could barely hear. Soft speaker. So as I walk down the stairs to the train I walk up to the side of her slightly turn away and ask:

Me: "Do you live around here?"
HB9: "Yeah actually just a couple blocks"
Me: Yeah cause I think I've seen you before on that street with the firebird graffiti on the wall. I noticed you from your mascara.
HB9: " Yeah I think I know where you're talking about. What do you do around here?"
Me: I work right around the corner so I walk that way all the time. Are you headed to work yourself?
HB9: No, I'm going to meet a friend.
...I noticed the book she had and we start chatting about that and I show her the book i'm reading...*I look away*
HB9: Soooo...do you want to get my #?
I reply sure and give her my phone...and I start talking about what I plan to do this year etc w/ the business i'd like to start. I tell her I have ideas and she asked for a couple. Not a smooth delivery on my part because I'm kinda tweaked out on little sleep. We get off the train together and she's going the other way. We go to shake hands (but I thought that was lame) so i went in for a hug but it was semi-awkward but she complied and I told her she was sweet..then she reiterates...call me.

So I txt her later:

Tuesday:
me: it was nice meeting you..i'm not that dodgy normally. have a good night.
-Rob
5:49pm

Her: That's what they all say!
7:06pm

me: damn, I thought the use of 'dodgy' was original:D (she's from england...misinterpretation joke)

Thursday:
me: good morning:)
10:26
no reply
me: i'm in borders & it made me think of the book you are reading but I can't remember what is was....
no reply as of 5pm.

My plan of action was that if don't hear back from her to just call her next weekend. Yah or Nah.

Feel free to grill me. I'm trying to figure this shit out on my own through books n online material.

TrueStory
07-17-2008, 04:56 PM
This is my 1st post: This is not a sarge...just happenstance. Just trying to focus on what I should be doing in the future. I'm trying to initiate a back and forth text before I call her to build up time and comfort...since the beginning was soft.

I'm tired as hell from the night before & it's right after work....overloaded on caffeine so compensate and I was off. Walking into the subway obliviously I cut this girl off in the turnstile. I realize what I did and let her pass. She smiles & says something I could barely hear. Soft speaker. So as I walk down the stairs to the train I walk up to the side of her slightly turn away and ask:

Me: "Do you live around here?"
Me: Yeah cause I think I've seen you before on that street with the firebird graffiti on the wall. I noticed you from your mascara.
HB9: " Yeah I think I know where you're talking about. What do you do around here?"
Me: I work right around the corner so I walk that way all the time. Are you headed to work yourself?
HB9: No, I'm going to meet a friend.
...I noticed the book she had and we start chatting about that and I show her the book i'm reading...*I look away*
HB9: Soooo...do you want to get my #?
I reply sure and give her my phone...and I start talking about what I plan to do this year etc w/ the business i'd like to start. I tell her I have ideas and she asked for a couple. Not a smooth delivery on my part because I'm kinda tweaked out on little sleep. We get off the train together and she's going the other way. We go to shake hands (but I thought that was lame) so i went in for a hug but it was semi-awkward but she complied and I told her she was sweet..then she reiterates...call me.

So I txt her later:

Tuesday:
-Rob

me: damn, I thought the use of 'dodgy' was original:D (she's from england...misinterpretation joke)

Thursday:
me: good morning:)
no reply
me: i'm in borders & it made me think of the book you are reading but I can't remember what is was....
no reply as of 5pm.

My plan of action was that if don't hear back from her to just call her next weekend. Yah or Nah.

Feel free to grill me. I'm trying to figure this shit out on my own through books n online material.

No. Delete her number. Right now. Do I need to explain?

Chopps
07-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Ok I'll do a small analysis for you just because I have some free time before sarging:

Me: "Do you live around here?" (creepy as hell)
Me: Yeah cause I think I've seen you before on that street with the firebird graffiti on the wall. I noticed you from your mascara.(even creepier)
Me: I work right around the corner so I walk that way all the time. Are you headed to work yourself?(boring and creepy)
HB9: No, I'm going to meet a friend. (she's creeped out by now)
HB9: Soooo...do you want to get my #? (she's trying to get rid of you)

So I txt her later:

Tuesday:
-Rob

me: damn, I thought the use of 'dodgy' was original (she's from england...misinterpretation joke) (kinda dorky, just my opinion)

Thursday:
me: good morning (creepy again, you're thinking of her when you get up?)
no reply
me: i'm in borders & it made me think of the book you are reading but I can't remember what is was.... (a little try hard, you know you don't really give a fuck about that book)
no reply as of 5pm.

I'd agree with TrueStory and forget her. She probably thinks you are some weirdo. You opened with a question one would normally ask while in comfort with the girl, totally skipping attraction altogether. Live and learn.

Just my two cents though.

sickgame
07-17-2008, 06:27 PM
My man be more fun shes a hb9! shes heard that shit a bunch of time you need to get out of the boring wussy stage.

SFBlackRob
07-18-2008, 07:56 AM
While I understand the creepiness interpretation things actually went better than I expected with as badly as I sounded....plus I didn't document everything in perfect order in the recount.

I just sent her an invite to my friends bday party at a club Sat. Told her she could see it on facebook. While I'm sure I won't hear back from her it was my last ditch effort. # gone.

Onto the next deal.

TrueStory
07-18-2008, 08:02 AM
While I understand the creepiness interpretation things actually went better than I expected with as badly as I sounded....plus I didn't document everything in perfect order in the recount.

I just sent her an invite to my friends bday party at a club Sat. Told her she could see it on facebook. While I'm sure I won't hear back from her it was my last ditch effort. # gone.

Onto the next deal.

As long as last ditch effort doesn't turn into obsession it's important.

At some point you'll have a lot of stale numbers in your phonebook, which is normal for puas

Mr Jack
07-20-2008, 02:45 PM
yeah dude, i'd recommend reading more... cos u kinda went about meeting her all wrong...

read magic bullets n like MM n that

asiansensation
07-21-2008, 12:41 PM
ummm... have u tried calling her at all or did u just sent her texts? maybe she doesnt like textin, or maybe she think u r being a wuss for not actually callin her, in any case, CALL HER on sat. and tell her to go to the party, i mean what do u have to lose right?