PDA

View Full Version : Why Social Value?

N Tonic
07-10-2008, 09:42 AM
This is such a vague term...

There might be perception from her that you possess
better genes for her to want to have your babies.
(I guess this is suggesting that even in casual sex
reproduction mechanisms are still wired in as opposed
for pure pleasures of sex? Or that pleasures of sex
are directed influenced by reproductive motivation?
Survive and replicate... lol)

There's also concepts like social proof, authority, scarcity,
reciprocity, likability, and consistancy that motivates
behavior which can be observed in their effects.

You could also say there are some mystical forces
that attract two people together... Not that it's some
type of magic, but unexplainable... Or some type of
energy, spritual stuff.

Breaking things down further like that, saying things like,
"the PUA's social value vs the HB10's social value starts
with the targets social value being higher and then he
starts raising his social value..." Like a two bar graph
seems so limiting.

John Sacrimoni
07-10-2008, 01:07 PM
If you think that an "HB10" has more value than you, so you need to "lower" her value, you're insecure and not an alpha male by any means.

N Tonic
07-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Yeah, do people who learn this or teach this follow that kind of
mindset or no?

Vapor
07-10-2008, 01:43 PM
You're overthinking. I'm not sure if you have a question or not, but I wouldn't get too wrapped up in terminology. Focus on how you should behave.

N Tonic
07-10-2008, 05:41 PM
I agree with that. I was more talking about the behavior.
Just wondering. Seeing that the teaching emphasis
value for attraction. I find it I am far more in the moment
and happier when I don't even think about my value or
her value or whatever.

JaggedG
07-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Well you don't need to think about value in the moment necessarily, but it's still kind of what's going on behind the scenes. The same as you don't think about the mechanics of catching a ball when you're in the game, but you need to understand them on some level.

The two bar graph thing is, granted, an oversimplification. However, it serves our purposes to look at it this way. We don't RAISE our value per se, we DEMONSTRATE value that we already have. In an ideal world, we could convey our value very directly and very quickly. That way, the HB10 that gets hit on 50 times every night that she's out wouldn't have an overinflated ego and the great guy who just needs to come out his shell a little bit would get the girls he deserves without having to navigate complex social dynamics that confuse and intimidate him. Socializing would be quick and efficient based on absolute algorithms that modern computers could easily simulate.

But that's not the case, so we have game. The PUA community needs to use experimentation, trial and error and collaboration to determine how to cultivate an individual's attractive identity and personality, but we also need to have a skill set to convey that identity to the women we find attractive. That's what social value is.

Social value is the map and the person is the territory. People don't have time to explore EVERY territory, so you have to create a map for them that they can quickly use to determine whether or not your territory is worth exploring. Hopefully that makes as much sense to you as it does in my head O.o

Vapor
07-10-2008, 08:14 PM
I agree with that. I was more talking about the behavior.
Just wondering. Seeing that the teaching emphasis
value for attraction. I find it I am far more in the moment
and happier when I don't even think about my value or
her value or whatever.
If you are able to escalate and are getting laid it doesn't matter. If "more in the moment and happier" means "staying in your comfort zone and not getting laid," that may be a problem.

N Tonic
07-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Well you don't need to think about value in the moment necessarily, but it's still kind of what's going on behind the scenes. The same as you don't think about the mechanics of catching a ball when you're in the game, but you need to understand them on some level.

The two bar graph thing is, granted, an oversimplification. However, it serves our purposes to look at it this way. We don't RAISE our value per se, we DEMONSTRATE value that we already have. In an ideal world, we could convey our value very directly and very quickly. That way, the HB10 that gets hit on 50 times every night that she's out wouldn't have an overinflated ego and the great guy who just needs to come out his shell a little bit would get the girls he deserves without having to navigate complex social dynamics that confuse and intimidate him. Socializing would be quick and efficient based on absolute algorithms that modern computers could easily simulate.

But that's not the case, so we have game. The PUA community needs to use experimentation, trial and error and collaboration to determine how to cultivate an individual's attractive identity and personality, but we also need to have a skill set to convey that identity to the women we find attractive. That's what social value is.

Social value is the map and the person is the territory. People don't have time to explore EVERY territory, so you have to create a map for them that they can quickly use to determine whether or not your territory is worth exploring. Hopefully that makes as much sense to you as it does in my head O.o

Nice post. Yeah, that's why I believe calibration is key.
The earlier versions of the method didn't stress this enough.
It made it look like a master key that opens every door.

JaggedG
07-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I guess that's why it's been revised alot. My understanding is that social value will buy you enough time and status to set the stage for you to convey how much fun you are and all those other attractive PERSONAL traits that carry you through comfort and then some. I think you're right that it's not the trump card, it's just one of the tools in your toolbox.

driftwood
07-19-2008, 12:34 AM
(I guess this is suggesting that even in casual sex
reproduction mechanisms are still wired in as opposed
for pure pleasures of sex? Or that pleasures of sex
are directed influenced by reproductive motivation?
Survive and replicate... lol)

Listen to me: the ONLY REASON sex is pleasurable is because pleasure is a reproductive motivation.