PDA

View Full Version : Aproaching set across the club

striecx
06-15-2008, 02:14 PM
yesterday I went out to an electronic music event at a bar/lounge. I arrived early with my friend, waiting for other friends to arrive. when we entered the bar which is pretty small, but had been remodeled for the various electronic music events, and now had a dance floor. The place was fairly empty about 25-30 people (8 sets appx) , the only targets was a 3 set of all girls that was in the far corner of the club.

I didn't approach because Im a puss and also walking across an empty dance floor, climbing a small set of stairs, and asking a group of 3 dudes to move so I can pass through, then talking to the seated girls on their couch, seemed to me to display way too much interest, look predatory and lower my value.

I know there has to be a way to approach that set, Because not taking an oportunity when there is no competition, sucks.

BTW The only adjoining couch to that set was occupied by a 3 or 4 set ( i remember only seeing 1 girl in that couch and she was like a 5 or maybe 4).

John Sacrimoni
06-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Stop worrying about "value" and being a "predator" and take what you want like an alpha.

Paladin
06-15-2008, 04:21 PM
If you don't open a set, you get the same result as if you got blown out. Stop making excuses or hiding behind fear. Walk across that dancefloor, push the lame dudes out of the way and talk to the girls. You can say I saw you guys across the dancefloor and I wanted a closer look...Are you guys fun? And you're off to the races.

striecx
06-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Hmm these responses inspired this: Next time that happens ,which it will I walk across the empty club look them in the eye, push tyhe lame dudes and say something like " You know I thought you girls looked familiar from acroos the club , I walked all the way over here to say hi, and now I see I don't know you, So now you gotta make it up to me" or some thing like that then stack forward.
Or am I off?

LittlbigD
06-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Here is a real world fact - not every set is approachable.

Stop beating yourself up. It is counter productive and AFC behavior. Instead I congratuate you for getting off your ass and going out. Beat yourself up for beating yourself up.