PDA

View Full Version : All of a sudden, silence

drolo
05-22-2008, 03:25 AM
Two weeks ago I got the number of this girl I've known casually for a while. I'd had some really neat DHV opportunities drop into my lap which she'd clearly responded to (e.g. got her band a booking she really wanted) and the CF had always just fallen into place really naturally. When I met her in the street a week or so ago she ran up to me, put her arms round my neck and kissed me and in two minutes we'd not only swapped numbers but also agreed where we'd get together. I was about to go away for a number of days and said I'd call her when I got back. Before that I texted her and she replied quickly.

So I get back from my trip, call, get her voicemail, leave an (admittedly slightly lame, functional) message. Nothing. The next day I text her "let's go and have that cake". Nothing. I call and text again, always at least half a day apart (in total 2 voicemails, 3 texts and 2-3 calls when I just hung up). Silence.

Now I'm thrown. I admit my first message was a bit lame - for some reason I wasn't expecting voicemail - and my texts have been a bit functional but I don't think too AFC ("I'm only back in town for the week this time but could make tomorrow - call me").

What next?

drolo
05-22-2008, 08:15 AM
We met again in the street today. She looked genuinaly quite harrassed and busy - I do know she has something in her life at the moment that she has to deal with and it's stressing her out.

In case that makes a difference, how I should respond, or not?

Of course the change in mood could also be part-hormonal ...

KrazyMF
05-22-2008, 04:37 PM
I'd give her space and let her do her own thing, in the meantime, go out sarging and meet more women.

rajon9rondo
05-26-2008, 09:39 AM
got a similiar story myself. Krazy's advice worked for me. : )

Unfortunately the girl was convinced by her female friend no to see me...