PDA

View Full Version : Prom

imsecksy
03-23-2006, 04:49 PM
hey guys ive been asked to prom and i said yes.
problem is im going to her school and dont know any of her friends.
the first thing comes to my mind is... "oh shit i got no social proof"
and since it is a prom every one has there OWN dates.
can you give me some advice on what I should do.
and should i make her friends like me then dance back and forth between her and her friends?
and should i attract her girls there? in front of there dates? Thanks to the pros

Aequitas
03-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Whatever you do, don't be shy... Be that cool new guy that all the girls wish went to thier school. Make friends with the GUY friends...

jphan
03-23-2006, 04:54 PM
social proof, we all start off with nothing from the beginning. build up your social proof. What I always tell myself is "be the life of the party" when you are the life of the party, you're fun you're cool, people will want to hang out with you. That alone is your social proof. You have your social proof to start off, not alot but some. You're date to the prom. She will introduce you to her friends and their dates and if they don't then you should take the initiative to do so yourself. You shouldn't make anyone do anything, women often work to suggestion, if you suggest things such as you should dance with so and so, I'll dance with this person. You can run game if you want, that's your decision. If you do you'll want to be focusing on socializing alot, if you only socialize with women you will be flagged as hitting on girls, if you socialize with both sexes you will fly under the radar as sociable.

Iceman
03-23-2006, 05:01 PM
As you walk in, lean in and say to her, while putting your hand on the small of her back, "introduce me to some cool people".
once she's introduced you, ignore all the hot girls (including her), and make friends with the guys, and to a lesser extent, the ugly girls, if any.
Be spontaneous. Unpredictable. Be in the middle of a conversation with a guy, and as she comes up next to you, end your conversation in a few seconds, spin to her, say "lets dance" and drag her off to the dance floor.
Be cool :cool:
Iceman

TrueStory
03-23-2006, 05:01 PM
hey guys ive been asked to prom and i said yes.
problem is im going to her school and dont know any of her friends.
the first thing comes to my mind is... "oh shit i got no social proof"
and since it is a prom every one has there OWN dates.
can you give me some advice on what I should do.
and should i make her friends like me then dance back and forth between her and her friends?
and should i attract her girls there? in front of there dates? Thanks to the pros
Try to get her to invite her friends to a dinner. My first prom was in different school as well. I got hooked up for a date and barely even knew her.
But I suggested to go out to eat with a big group of people before prom. That helped a lot. We had 18 people and i just instantly got to know 8 new couples and my date.
That's the best i can suggest regarding social proof

imsecksy
03-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Since she asked me , and seriously talking... I dont have that much money (20bucks?) plus I dont wana to pay for the prom tickets.
Should I tell her right now that i got no money and lose some value, or should I wait till she asks for the money then tell her. Theres no way i can get enough money.

Iceman
03-23-2006, 05:24 PM
She's invited you. Let her pay.
Don't even bring it up. If she brings it up, just say "You invited me. I could always spend my night doing something else if you can't cover it."
Iceman

jphan
03-23-2006, 05:32 PM
I'd go along with what ICeman says. If she does asks then tell her you'll pay her back or something or buy her dinner one time. telling her you can do osmething else is kidn of too harsh in my opinion but say if she pays for the prom tickets, tell her You'll treat her to iceceram or something if she asks... money shouldn't be an issue if you're cool enough. My ex used to pay for everything at one time just so she could spend time with me. yeah i'm a bum, meh

TrueStory
03-23-2006, 05:36 PM
She's invited you. Let her pay.
Don't even bring it up. If she brings it up, just say "You invited me. I could always spend my night doing something else if you can't cover it."
Iceman
^ Iceman is right. Make her pay.
But what you want to do, is get some money. Ask your parents to loan you $50 bucks. You might not spend it (which you shouldnt) but
LAST THING YOU WANT, is her telling "oh my god I only have $10 bucks...i thought you were gonna buy tickets...and stuff"
Just have some cash in case you have to save her sorry-ass. You don't want to break your seduction mood by not being prepared.
It's just good idea to keep some cash on you. Because you never know when you might need it.

doc
03-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Also,
remember she invited you...which is a very nice gesture and a big deal for her...so be a gentleman and show DHV by opening doors for her....the car door, building doors...etc.
Buy her a corsage of course, and be a nice guy.Show respect to her parents and go have a fun time. Don`t get her (toooo) drunk and bring her home in a shopping cart.
You don`t necessarily have to get laid on prom-night...but it can be a great pre-cursor to the foolow up date.
You are being invoted into a whole new circle of friends, which is cool You can re-invent yourself and leave all the old insecurities behind and make new friends...awesome opportunity !

Rain
03-23-2006, 06:57 PM
um, yeah...I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with all of you on this one.
She should pay for her own ticket. But be prepared to pay for yours. The girl just spent $300 bucks on a dress, $100 on her hair, $30 on her nails. You spend $50 on a tux. Don't be a chump, but be a gentleman. Being a PUA doesn't mean never paying. Split the check at dinner.
Your goal for the night is to make her feel like a princess. Yes, that's right, raise her value. Doing things that raise her value in this environment raises your value to her social circle. When her social circle sees you as valuable, it reinforces your value to her. This is not the typical style to DHV, but prom is not the typical pick up environment.
You and her already know each other, however briefly, and she has invited you to HER PROM. Your value to her is already established. You are past A2. Have some qualification conversation at dinner, then start building comfort. Your job at the dance is to build comfort, while creating sexual tension. Sublte jealousy plotlines will work well here, but her senses are heightened in this environment, so tread lightly. If you toy with her too much, she will cry.
Have too much fun on the dance floor. Twirl her around. Lift her, dip her. Keep your hands off of her ass. Instead, use more suggestive kino like touching your thighs to hers during slow dancing, or using her hips to guide her movements on the floor. Do a few take-aways to make her miss you and the fun you're providing her with.
Slow dancing is a perfect opportunity for NLP, if you know any.
Anyhow, leave your cocky shit at home. Be funny. Be friendly. Be warm and smile a lot. Have fun and make sure she does too. Get her friends to love you. Dance with one or two of them. At dinner, feed her some of your entree across the table. Highschool guys spend a lot of time trying to be cool. Be different. Be fun and let cool be you.

Iceman
03-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Being from Australia, I don't know how proms differ from our school balls, but at ours, the ball itself usually doesn't involve much (if any) drinking, and mostly dancing and conversation.
The real fun comes at the after-party.
Iceman