PDA

View Full Version : Seated sets

Lapali
04-28-2008, 10:53 AM
I have been dealing mostly with seated sets recently.I donīt like clubs very much especially due to the noise and where I live they are realllly noisy. The thing is there isnīt much information out there about opening seated sets, so I am just approaching these asking to sit with them, not using any opinion openers or any other. I just approach and ask:" Can I join you?" I know that this is not alpha at all, but what I notice is that when they respond positively ( like 60%-70% of the times), I can assume some things: They are not waiting for somebody else , they are somehow attractes, and and I usually have some IOI right away ) . I would like to know if anyone uses this with seated sets .

Fedor
04-28-2008, 11:26 AM
"hey are not waiting for somebody else , they are somehow attractes, and and I usually have some IOI right away ) "

no they're not, they're just being POLITE. That approach is LAME, it gives up your intentions right away.

OV_Legend
04-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Try opening them in passing......as you're walking by sort of pause and turn your head toward them and open them (with whatever you want of course...) I don't like the idea of "Can I join you?" because you are giving a bit of your value away already by asking for their permission. I think it also is going to put them a bit on the defensive because they are expecting to be hit on now. If you wanna go a little bolder.....you might try just sitting down and opening them....you'll probably need a pretty solid opener for that, but give it a shot! You can also stand at their table and open, and then have them invite you to sit....THAT's a real IOI!!! Hope this helps a little.....

~Legend

Vapor
04-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Lapali,

You can still use standard openers, just make sure you lock in (do a search on locking in) fairly quickly.

no they're not, they're just being POLITE. That approach is LAME, it gives up your intentions right away.
It's direct. Direct can work.

ware_ru
04-28-2008, 11:38 AM
this is covered in the VAH broseph, as well as in tyler's archive, style's archive, and probably magic bullets. all are very much required reading for tactical game mang

Lapali
04-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks. Well...I usually do some attraction routines right after I sit and then some cold reads for transition. It does work after I lock in, though it is indeed a little high risk

Fedor
04-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Lapali,

You can still use standard openers, just make sure you lock in (do a search on locking in) fairly quickly.

It's direct. Direct can work.

Keyword is can. It's not solid game, it would be like gambling, I thought that's why indirect openers were supposed to be the way to go, everyone can be direct and go all-in, it could work or not.

OV_Legend
04-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Direct game is not bad.....but you have to have a very strong frame!!! I don't really like it, but have seen it done in the field with amazing results!!! I personally like the indirect method, but if you have strong inner game, direct game can be fine!!!

~Legend

Trillione
04-28-2008, 01:05 PM
With seated sets it's all about locking in. The easiest way to do this is to sit down while you are talking. That is what I've found tends to work best. If you just sit down while not saying anything or ask their permission it will seem a little awkward, but if you take a seat while talking and running your normal material they won't really question it.

Vapor
04-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Keyword is can. It's not solid game, it would be like gambling,
Solid or weak depends on the individual guy, not the method. Sinn is great at indirect. Johnny Saviour is great at direct approaches.

I thought that's why indirect openers were supposed to be the way to go, everyone can be direct and go all-in, it could work or not.
Indirect is probably the easiest way to learn for guys who don't have access to instruction. JM, for example, is really hard to learn without having a guy watch your vibe. But I've seen lots of "gurus" from different methods in set, and there are obviously different ways you can learn this stuff. A guy with a good vibe who seemed cool asking to join a table of women could very easily work. A friend of mine will sometimes ask his warmup sets, "Can I warm up on you?" as his opener. Completely explicit with his agenda, and it's no problem, because he's coming across as a fun guy.

FlyTrap
04-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Any opener can work if you are solid. YOu can open with:

"youre sexy as FUCK! Im a douchebag. Will u be my friend?"

I have used this EXACT opener EXACT EXACT opener and pulled a HB9 number in less than 3 minutes.

(It was a challenge from a fellow PUA)

Anyways. Dont bust on ANY opener or technuque without properly field testing it. On top of that, Even if it doesnt work for you, doesnt mean that it CANT work. If you are Centered and not outcome oriented, you can open with anything. All an opener is is a tool to OPEN. OPENING isnt SHIT!

Attraction is something that is a little tougher. If u cant get thru COMFORT youarent getting laid. PERIOD!

So who gives a fuck how u open? If the guy sits down and says "Im here to pick you up because you are 3 hotties and I want a piece of ass tonight. I am going to sit here for 3 hours until you leave, and I am going to follow u home" - but does it with the right subcommunications, EVEN THAT COULD WORK.

As a matter of fact, Im gonna try it. Just to prove a point.

Seriously, just because some book says "can I join u" is a bad opener, that just means that it is a bad opener FOR THAT METHOD or FOR THAT PERSON. THat doesnt mean it is ALWAYS a bad opener.

Mystery would NEVER use an opener like this. Juggler might. Tyler might. Tim probably would. Jeffy WOuldnt. And you wouldnt. So what.

PremierONE
04-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Seated Sets: Sit in a table or chair near the 'target,' approach withing a few minutes by kindle asking, "Look, I'm just as bored, can I join you before I got back to the office?" With that, you've created VALUE (you have a job), you've established that you're not a 'wierdo' (sat alone first), and that you're easy going (I'm just bored).

Works like a charm (PREMIER)

ware_ru
04-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Seated Sets: Sit in a table or chair near the 'target,' approach withing a few minutes by kindle asking, "Look, I'm just as bored, can I join you before I got back to the office?" With that, you've created VALUE (you have a job), you've established that you're not a 'wierdo' (sat alone first), and that you're easy going (I'm just bored).

have you ever, EVER, done this? Successfully? You think women don't notice when you sit down next to them doing nothing for a few minutes before approaching? You think that comes across cool? Come on man... I'm actually reareading your post and I'm not sure anymore if this is a joke... a job = value? huh? Listen man i mean this as nicely as possible: do a bit more reading before you give any more advice posts. Let's keep this board solid

matrixxx
04-28-2008, 03:45 PM

What kind of a respectable job would you be "getting back to" that would have you working that late in the night? Also, which respectable job would allow you to just jet and hit up night clubs while you were working?

FlyTrap
04-28-2008, 03:52 PM
aaaaaahaaqahaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahah

ahem

aaaahaahahahahahahahaahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahah ahahaaaa