PDA

View Full Version : Being fat/chubby

Cannonball0828
04-22-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm in college right now, and i'm about 6'1 250. I have a fatal flaw by being wayyy to shallow, and I usually only like to go for the cream of the crop. Needless to say, I havn't recieved much action coming my way. Should I lower my standards, or just keep trying hard? Keep in mind, im not a whale, but by no means am I a small man, and in the proper clothing I can even look slim, however if I took my shirt off the female would be greatly dissapointed IMO.

BigDuke6
04-22-2008, 04:18 PM
You can:

Strengthen your outer game - Lose Weight, Work Out

Strengthen your inner game - Be confident with you you are

Do both.

HRHughes
04-22-2008, 04:22 PM
One of my friends turned from a 260lbs chubby kid....to a 250lbs power house with a 1 hour a day workout 5 days a week, over about 2 years.

He hasnt lost much overall weight, but he lost a ton of fat, and gained alot of muscle.

Now he feels fantastic, it helped his confidence, and typically he'll have 2-3 dates a weekend.

He didnt do well until he realised he looked and felt great and no one saw him as a chubby kid anymore.

Amorphous
04-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Captain Jack and Future are both chubby. They seem to do "OK". But getting in shape is more of a thing you should do both in terms of self respect, and most importantly, health. Being ripped as hell is the healthiest thing you can do for yourself long term.

I'm dieting currently and it sucks, but gradually it gets easier and easier. Stick with it, you won't regret the results.

zakpak23
04-22-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm about that body build, 6'0" and 230-240, i don't mind the belly (because i love beer,) but i've been working hard to get rid of the baby fat man-boobs. Just devote yourself to a workout routine, start slow, and then eventually increase once it becomes a habit.

I've learned to love working out, I still hate running, but a work out in the morning does wonders for your confidence and day.

Prestige
04-22-2008, 05:20 PM
As far as the weight thing goes i definitely think you should work out and loose weight. As you get more and more in shape your self image will increase and give you greater confidence. Do you need to be ripped to do game, No but if a girl finds you more attractive from the get go you have definitely made it easier for yourself.

As far as going for the cream of the crop, well I think it depends on your skill level. I had a hard time dropping my standard to practice game because I was use to sporadically dating attractive women. (Read my Bio at Lovesystems.com) However this greatly affected the rate at which I was able to improve.
1. There are more average sets to open than hot sets which allows you more opportunities to practice your skills.
2. Less attractive girls will be more forgiving of your mistakes as you game them because they don't get hit on as much.
You don't have to date these girls or sleep with them but you need to be gaming them. Remember you need to open the 5's and 6's so your verbage and game are tight enough to effectively open 9's and 10's

Cannonball0828
04-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the advice. Just, I have a really hard time sticking to any workout routine. Ill get it in my mind that I have to lose weight, then after 2-3 times I start making excuses for myself and find ways to not workout. Thats neither here or there though. I believe Prestige is right, I should attempt to work on my game on the 5's and 6's before I attempt the cream of the crop.

zakpak23
04-22-2008, 06:06 PM
there is wisdom in Prestige's advice.

jreed
04-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Working out can be difficult at times because of time constraints, so start by adjusting your diet.... I myself have been doing a low carb diet... The reason i chose this one was you can lose weight and at the same time cut back your chance of diabetes, and honestly with out all the bread and pasta my complexion has really improved... And you don't starve on this diet... But i don't eat all meat or cheese... gnc or wal mart has low carb shakes that are like slim fast and they actually taste good... and they will keep you full for 2-4 hours...

Even if you don't do this diet, pick one you will stick with... once you start loosing weight you will feel better, but eventually you'll plateau, and if you are like me you will make time to work out then... :)

It sucks to diet, but I've lost nearly 80 pounds, and it will pick up your confidence, as well as get you some more attention from the ladies..... Hope this has helped...

kremie
04-22-2008, 07:21 PM
game works, game + body is killer. Ultimately, not only losing fat weight but gaining muscle and getting stronger helps with the ladies, there are tons of slim guys out there, you should aim to lose fat, then aim to tone up, then aim to bulk up (optional)

Nicknock
04-23-2008, 11:26 AM
I was 295 at one point, dropped down to about 230...it really boosts your confidence man...just get a healthy regiment and exercise...but you HAVE to be consistent.

TrueStory
04-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Lose weight.

I am 6'2'' 230 and losing weight.

Attractive people stick together. (even though you see ugly guys date hot chicks, it's usually due to exclusive tight game)

Prestige
04-23-2008, 02:34 PM
I suggest you get the book Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz. It is a book that teaches you how to reboot your mind. It will help you to achieve goals. Kind of like you're chubby cause you see yourself as a fat kid or you do crappy in school cause you see yourself as not being smart. So this teaches you to change the way you see yourself and focus on being the kind of person you want to be and making it a reality. Focus on the goals and believe them to be truly possible and the means to reach them will unfold.

TrueStory
04-23-2008, 03:35 PM
I suggest you get the book Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz. It is a book that teaches you how to reboot your mind. It will help you to achieve goals. Kind of like you're chubby cause you see yourself as a fat kid or you do crappy in school cause you see yourself as not being smart. So this teaches you to change the way you see yourself and focus on being the kind of person you want to be and making it a reality. Focus on the goals and believe them to be truly possible and the means to reach them will unfold.

Which one:

The New Psycho Cybernetics (2001 Edition)
http://www.amazon.com/New-Psycho-Cybernetics-Maxwell-Maltz/dp/0735202850

or this one

Psycho Cybernetics (1989 Edition)
http://www.amazon.com/Psycho-Cybernetics-New-More-Living-Life/dp/0671700758/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208993611&sr=1-3

Nicknock
04-24-2008, 04:23 PM

Hmm, I'll have to check that out...seem's interesting.

Dreamer_Ace
04-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Tell you what...I've got a bit of extra baggage on me but I suck it in fairly well...That said...I hate it and am currently on a diet. I'm 5ft11" and used to weigh 89.2kg which has since dropped to 82.2kg so i've manged to loose 7kg so far and when i get to 65kg i'll be stoked.

The best advice I can give you is to do the Atkin's Low Carb diet. You don't have to exercise with this diet although it helps if you do.

Another thing that helps is to chose the right style clothing. For example wear shirts with vertical stripes as they can make you appear slimmer.

TrueStory
04-24-2008, 08:10 PM
The best advice I can give you is to do the Atkin's Low Carb diet. You don't have to exercise with this diet although it helps if you do.

Ive done Atkin's diet and there are couple downsides to it:

- your muscles cramp like mother fucker...... (take Potassium), sometimes it gets pretty bad, because of lack of sugars in your body.

- if you not careful you start burning muscles. Atkins diet works best for fatasses, not for lil-overweight (us guys)

- after you're done with it, everything tastes like shit (extra sweet)

- you're more prone to overeat and gain even more weight after your diet.

- it's really not healthy for you to sugar-starve your body

- diet is actually hard. You cannot have things you wouldn't even know had carbs: milk, any alcohol, cheese, dressing, vegetables, fruits, any dairy, no processed deli, ice cream, sweets (duh!), beer, .......the only thing you really CAN eat is : eggs, bacon, meats, umm well that's basically all you CAN eat.

My advice (and one i am sticking to myself),

run and exercise regularly,
avoid over eating
avoid white flour, pastas, or anything that's processed
small portions, preferably often than large portions over few times a day
more protein less fat, sugars (carbs)
don't eat late at night
have well balanced breakfast, and each meal towards end of the day should have less calories.
write down all the calories you intake (do this for a week), and cut this to recommended dose for your age/height. You have 200+/- allowance, depending on your activity

I am not a dietitian nor i am a body builder, but I recommend get few books on healthy diet.

Eat at home don't eat out. Saves you money as well as extra fat/grease

Prestige
04-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Well I think either will be good but the one I read was the new psycho-cybernetics. Definitely check it out. It will help you in all aspects of your life including this thread's topic and so much more

TrueStory
04-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Well I think either will be good but the one I read was the new psycho-cybernetics. Definitely check it out. It will help you in all aspects of your life including this thread's topic and so much more

Fuckit!! i got both.

Reading New Psycho-Cybernetic 2000 .........it's the heezy!

Straight up, everyone in community should read it. Good for personal development and life in general.

Amorphous
04-27-2008, 12:25 AM
I disagree with TrueStory, Atkins is amazing. Read this article.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/articles/anssi-manninen/how-to-get-ripped-to-the-bone

Vulture629
04-27-2008, 01:09 AM
- your muscles cramp like mother fucker...... (take Potassium), sometimes it gets pretty bad, because of lack of sugars in your body.

- if you not careful you start burning muscles. Atkins diet works best for fatasses, not for lil-overweight (us guys)

- after you're done with it, everything tastes like shit (extra sweet)

- you're more prone to overeat and gain even more weight after your diet.

- it's really not healthy for you to sugar-starve your body

- diet is actually hard. You cannot have things you wouldn't even know had carbs: milk, any alcohol, cheese, dressing, vegetables, fruits, any dairy, no processed deli, ice cream, sweets (duh!), beer, .......the only thing you really CAN eat is : eggs, bacon, meats, umm well that's basically all you CAN eat.

Truth. You know what else has carbohydrates? Fruits and Veggies.

Atkins = Weight loss in the moment, but then after that you will gain hundreds of lbs and have NO energy. And probably a bad immune system too.

In response to the article, low carb =/= no carbs.

Atkins = NO CARBS EVER, AT ALL, and it is really unhealthy.

But here's what I'm starting to do: Eat less than 1000 calories a day, nothing but meat, fruits, veggies.

And 6'1'' 250 isn't that bad. I'm 5'8'' 225 so thats pretty bad...had to eat nothing but cheap junk for a while.

agold7964
04-27-2008, 09:44 AM
go for hot ones. was watching this video, and this overweight, not-so-goodlooking older guy was gaming this 8.9 (great body, beautiful face. wearing tight cloths, great jeens), and she was getting sucked into it!!! it was amazing.
however, loosing weight would never hurt:). make you look better (better for your body) and make you feel better mentally:)

TrueStory
04-27-2008, 01:36 PM
I disagree with TrueStory, Atkins is amazing. Read this article.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/articles/anssi-manninen/how-to-get-ripped-to-the-bone

Low cars - YES! I limit my carbohydrates and calorie intake
NO CARBS - NO! It's not a healthy way to lose weight.