PDA

View Full Version : Names Of Good Books?

Machiaveli
04-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Im aware of "the game" & "the mystery method" books... can you give me some names of other good books?

-Machiaveli

manbehindthecurtain
04-14-2008, 07:32 PM
48 laws of power, Art of Seduction, Think & Grow Rich, Introducing NLP, Steps to an Ecology of Mind, The Secret Garden, Comedy Writing Secrets, Metrosexual's Guide to Style, mental floss: cocktail party cheat sheets, Blink, Social and Cultural Anthropology: A Very Short Introduction.

That should get you started... I'm assuming you've already read The Prince, right?

Machiaveli
04-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Wow thanks dude.. yeah i've read the prince.. its a very good book :)

PussyMonster
04-15-2008, 03:37 AM
The Mental Athlete

This SERIOUSLY helps with your inner game.

After all.. isn't PUA a sport anyways :p.

Mation
04-15-2008, 08:39 AM
The Art of War - Sun Tzu, Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand, The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle, Double Your Dating - David D'Angelo, Great Expectations - Charles Dickens, The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald, On the Road - Jack Kerouac...

Not all of those are necessarily directly related to pick-up, but they'll all help you with your mentality. A couple of them are really hard reads, but well worth it.

Machiaveli
04-15-2008, 08:48 AM
thanks guys im goin to look all these up :D

Mister E
04-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Damn, thats a lot of books, your head is just going to explode.

All right enough of that, I'm thinking of getting 2 books at the moment.
I want to get How to win friends and influence people.
And also feel the fear and do it anyway.

Any books like these that you guys recommend ?
I don't want a huge ass library of books to read just 2 or 3 which should do fine.

LGFUAD
04-15-2008, 11:33 AM
The Art of War - Sun Tzu, Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand, The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle, Double Your Dating - David D'Angelo, Great Expectations - Charles Dickens, The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald, On the Road - Jack Kerouac...

Not all of those are necessarily directly related to pick-up, but they'll all help you with your mentality. A couple of them are really hard reads, but well worth it.

Add:
The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
The Virtue of Selfishness by Ayn Rand

Although Ayn Rand's writing talents are widely acclaimed her philosophy is largely misunderstood and ridiculed.

I think her philosophy is/was years ahead of her time and eventually it will become mainstream her views on man's role, sex, love(as the ultimate selfish act, which it is) and life in general imo are spot on and perfectly in line with the new "genre" of self help where peopleare startig to realize that one must make himself happy before he can make anyone else happy...

Needless to say it goes in line with PUA lifestyle, imho...

Mation
04-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Add:
The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
The Virtue of Selfishness by Ayn Rand

Although Ayn Rand's writing talents are widely acclaimed her philosophy is largely misunderstood and ridiculed.

I think her philosophy is/was years ahead of her time and eventually it will become mainstream her views on man's role, sex, love(as the ultimate selfish act, which it is) and life in general imo are spot on and perfectly in line with the new "genre" of self help where peopleare startig to realize that one must make himself happy before he can make anyone else happy...

Needless to say it goes in line with PUA lifestyle, imho...

Lol. I totally agree. I'm actually planning to write my Master's thesis in English Lit. on the works of Ayn Rand. Her philosophy is so in line with my way of thinking it blows my mind. And since those other books, (also great, just didn't want to overload you :)), you should also check out Rand's "The Romantic Manifesto," which outlines and explains her philosophy of Objectivism. I've even thought of getting a tattoo that says "Who is John Galt?" :D

LGFUAD
04-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Since we are at it, add Capitalism: The Unkown Ideal :)

I want the atlas shrugged logo tattoed on my back :)...

Mation
04-15-2008, 12:13 PM
:D This is becoming the Ayn Rand:Female PUA thread...

Mister E
04-24-2008, 04:17 PM
instead of starting another thread, I wanted to ask here.

I just ordered some books and am wondering which ways to read them first?

I got Win friends influence people.
Feel the fear and do it anyway.
Impro - Improv book
Power of now.

Lots of self help, but which ones should I start with?
I'm thinking of either starting with improv or feel the fear.

Mation
04-24-2008, 05:53 PM
I would start with How to Win Friends and Influence People just because it's been around FOREVER and a lot of the more modern stuff is built on its principles. IMO that would give you a solid foundation to build upon with the other books.

I'm not really familiar with that particular improv book, but I took some improv classes when I was in college on theatre scholarship, and what I learned there has helped me in every facet of my life. Good choice...

Mister E
04-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Ah, the book is Impro by Keith Johnstone.
Yeah, looked around and heard it was very recommended.

Well, I started with feel the fear and do it anyway. I chose this one at first because to just get that fear and crap out of my mind. I mean, how can I win friends and influence people when your afraid to talk to people? Not morbidly terrified, just not as comfortable as you can be.

Anybody done the exercises for Feel the Fear? Or actually done other exercises from any other books, that say write this down, say this , say that?

Could you give me some more input on how improv has improved on your life? Its just the act of being spontaneous right?

Im_vinny
04-24-2008, 07:46 PM
An enlightening read is Siddhartha.... by Herman Hesse its an easy read about 120 pages. This ones a mind fuck for sure. Also for not only gaming purposes but for people in general a little blue book called How to make people like you in 90 seconds or less.

Harddrive
04-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Whatever you think, think the opposite- arden