PDA

View Full Version : Did I go wrong in my text game?

firewire
04-06-2008, 02:37 AM
Hi Guys, I'm a noob and would really appreciate some feedback on a text convo I had with a girl I met in a bar last week:-

Me: Hey, it's Firewire...how's my fave little kickboxing salsa dancer? ;-)

Her: Hey you, have to say I'm completely lacking in energy! Been a long day...too old to b out on a school nite :-s Hows you?

I left it 'til the next day to reply.

Me: Morning! Have u full recovered from being out on a school night? ope u got home Ok...bet my journey home beats urs!

Her: Morning :-), yeah I feel much better thanx. So what's with your journey home...?

Me: it's a tale of mishaps and weirdos! Too long to put into a text. I'll tell u all about it when I see you next or speak to u on the phone. ;-)

Her: Wel it will ave to be soon..the suspense is killing me ;-)

Me: TGIF(almost). u got anything exciting planned for the weekend....except waiting in suspense for my amazing story! ;-)

Her: I'm a little bit tipsy(again) and have to spend wkend designing cards for y brohers wedding. Did I tell u I was an artist...?

Me: Whoa! Out on a school night twice in one week...are u sure you can handle it?

And that's where the conversation has stalled at the moment. It's been 3 day sincethe last text. Did I screw up? Where do I go from here?

fees
04-07-2008, 02:44 AM
looks okay to me.

maybe something came up, maybe she didnt receive your last text.
It's been 3 days, maybe you can just send something that has nothing to do with the previous and act like nothing happened.
if she doesnt respond, you know enough

pimpinfresh
04-07-2008, 06:45 AM
You should of just mentioned the story once and it would have been a reason to call her, instead of talking to her every few days and mentioning the same exact thing. Also , instead of that last neg where you said Whoa!out on a school night twice in one week, sure you can handle it? you should of just showed some interest in what she said and maybe said something like... An artist? i dont believe it, i'll have to see that in person... I think a lot of people sometimes neg too much/try to be funny in texts, save that for in person because the tone of your voice makes such a big difference and you can't just assume she knows what you're tone is. She may have been turned off by all the text negs....

firewire
04-07-2008, 06:59 AM
thanks for the feedback guys. To pimpin fresh, do you think I neg'd too much? I thought I only really neg'd her once with the line about going out twice in one week in ref to her saying she was too old for such behaviour? I can't pick out anymore negs, but I'm probably missing it.

I agree, I should have acknowleged the artist angle.

cheez avenger
04-07-2008, 07:07 AM
You're going back and forth through texting??? Dude, you have her number! :eek:

Don't be a text penpal, get her on the phone asap. At this pace you'll be her LJBF friend, if you aren't already.

BTW, she did say she was busy, so that may be another reason she hasn't replied. If you call her, you better be the most fascinating guy she's ever talked to! :cool:

Go.

-cheez avenger

firewire
04-07-2008, 07:18 AM
cheez avenger, thanks for the feedback, I def don't want to be LJBF'd!

Just to clarify this text convo was over a 24hr period. Any ideas how I can re-start the convo with a view to getting her on the phone.

cheez avenger
04-07-2008, 07:22 AM
cheez avenger, thanks for the feedback, I def don't want to be LJBF'd!

Just to clarify this text convo was over a 24hr period. Any ideas how I can re-start the convo with a view to getting her on the phone.

Do a search, get yourself the Routines Manual.

The key is that you have to BRING HER INTO YOUR REALITY. Don't call her just to call her--you have to have a reason to call--even if it's bullshit--just make it entertaining.

-cheez avenger

firewire
04-16-2008, 01:04 AM
A quick update on my progress...

I managed to pull around the girls interest with a couple more texts, which I got good responses from.

I then took the plunge and phoned but got VM, but left a good message and she replied back within an hour by text saying she was sorry she missed my call as she was at a friends.

So I continue to run text game on her for another day and manage to get her to suggest we should meet up the following week.

I text her back yesterday as a primer to a phone call in the evening. I text her in the evening, then decide it's lame to text so give her a call...it goes to VM again, so I left another message saying I thought it was lame to text and chatting was much better!

She phones me back within 30 mins...so that's a good IOI, right? The phone convo went ok....but it all fell apart when I made a lame attempt at getting a day 2 which she didn't take the bait of. It was going so well...

So after all that....how do I turn this around? Help!

Prince of metropolis
04-16-2008, 10:44 AM
You are texting her too much and too fast.

First off when she does respone don't text back until 2 or 5 minutes.
When you are done texting then don't call or text her until 2 or 4 days.

Don't text her every day, make her miss you and think you have a life.

If she doesn't text you back or call you back then call her in the next 2 or 4 days. Remember bro, their are other women out their.