PDA

View Full Version : AMOG tactics

Roy_Hobbs
03-19-2006, 08:13 AM
I was in a conversation with two guys and a girl, when a stranger busted in and just started babbling some nonsense story. He a little too much energy, and I could tell people were taken aback. Two sentences in, I just interrupted him and finished his story in a way that made fun of him but had everybody else laughing with me at him. I was trying to blow him out.
The group was standing. I was to this guy's his right. He took a step forward, put his back to me and physically cut me from the circle. Then he plowed on with his story. It was really effective, and I didn't know what to do for a few seconds. Fortunately, everyone else just kept making fun of him.
So I walked around him to stand on his left, which put me back in the circle but kind of behind him. I had lost much of the access to the circle and it enabled him to really ignore anything I said.
He gave up a minute later and left. I had set the tone when he enterred and everytime he opened his mouth, people just dissed him along the lines I had originally laid out.
Here's my question: what do you do when somebody cuts you out like that?
Thanks.

Aequitas
03-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Loud enough for everyone to hear, RIGHT after he does it: Look ladies, isn't that cute, I think I hurt his feelings!
Why don't you girls give him a self esteem boost while I (get a drink, smoke a cig, talk to my other friends)?

Baby Girl
03-19-2006, 10:38 AM
In this situation, i would turn around and open another set... Try to run solid game at a nearby set... Your original set would still be watching you and you will DHV and gain social proof by opening another set and not looking flustered.
It sounded like this guy would hang himself - let him DLV his ass off and then rejoin at a later date...
If you are a bonafide PUA, you could open a nearby set and then forward merge... Just open, reach hook point and then use a strong frame to drag your new set into the old set... Hopefully matey boy will still be talking and you can make a real impact on him and your old set by crashing in with some interesting new people.

Hatman
03-19-2006, 02:16 PM
I was in a conversation with two guys and a girl, when a stranger busted in and just started babbling some nonsense story. He a little too much energy, and I could tell people were taken aback. Two sentences in, I just interrupted him and finished his story in a way that made fun of him but had everybody else laughing with me at him. I was trying to blow him out.
1. if you were in conversation with the mixed three set, you should have carried on talking as the AMOG entered. The fact that you stopped to allow him to blurt his stuff was a subtle acceptance of the AMOG into the set. In future, don't stop talking as an AMOG enters or acknowledge his existance by changing anything.
2. there is a subtle emphasis here that the routine you were using in the set wasn't concrete. If it was good, the set would have been pissed off that some random guy entered to interrupt the story.
3. that said, it was good you attempted a recovery to try and blow him out.
4. alternatively, you could call him on his shit straight away when he interrupts you (since thats what he's doing) by going "heyman, thats fuckin rude. Im having a conversation here so wait your turn." Deliver it with confidence and sincerity (NOT with aggression) and you will Out-Alpha him immediately.

The group was standing. I was to this guy's his right. He took a step forward, put his back to me and physically cut me from the circle. Then he plowed on with his story. It was really effective, and I didn't know what to do for a few seconds.
This is just plain rude by the AMOG and is a DLV on his part. Follow the advice above and this will stop him from allowing a say in the first place.

So I walked around him to stand on his left, which put me back in the circle but kind of behind him. I had lost much of the access to the circle and it enabled him to really ignore anything I said.
This AMOG was being a right asshole. :mad: Personally, i would have stood in front of him and called him on his shit straight away but i think you should follow the advice i've set out.
To out-alpha an AMOG in order to blow him out really isn't that hard. Just remember to ignore his existance and plow on with your routine. If he persists, call him on his shit cos this guy was being completely rude. And i hate rude people :mad:
good luck and regards

Roy_Hobbs
03-20-2006, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the advice, gents. I tipped all your scales for it.
Muaythai, I think your advice is stellar. I didn't want to leave, and your way sounds perfect.

Bunny
03-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Here's my question: what do you do when somebody cuts you out like that?
It’s important to allow your set to grow. You are an interesting gent and people wan to hear you speak. Growing a set is huge social proof! Share your frame with the set and let it be known you are growing the set. You are Alpha.

I was in a conversation with two guys and a girl, when a stranger busted in and just started babbling some nonsense story.
This will happen from time to time. At his first breath raise your tone above his, as a father would do to a son, and inform him you’re almost finished with your story. (With a smile and strong eye contact, give him a playful backhand.) Then continue your tale.

He took a step forward, put his back to me and physically cut me from the circle.
Physically adjust your target away from AMOG. Pay him no attention. Continue your tale. (Use as an isolation blessing in disguise.) It’s likely the rest of the group will reform around you and your story. Else they will occupy AMOG and leave you to your business.
How this helps,
Bunny

Vincent Chase
03-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Tap him on the shoulder, somewhat hard, and say:
"Oh i'm sorry, I didn't realize you were so important. Hey guys let's make a little room for Mother Goose here, she want's to tell us a story. We're trying to have a conversaion here cheif, wait your turn or try your tricks somewhere else."
Use your fore-arm to push him to the side a little when you say this and you'll be fine, the set will blow him out and he'll either scamper along or be passive for virtually the rest of the time, in fact chances are he'll stand there weak and defeated, silent and socially retarded, good job.