PDA

View Full Version : Flake Lines

Chopps
03-13-2008, 01:27 PM
First off, is it good to flake a girl before she flakes you? IMO it is so if you agree,

What are some good flake lines to tell a girl before she flakes you? Keeping in mind that you are pretty sure that she will flake you.

One I've used a couple times in text message form is "Sorry, I cant meet up with you tomorrow. I know I said I was going to kick it with you but I need to see my grandpa cuz he isn't doin too good right now. :( "

I've had 2 good responses, and 1 bad response which was a no response. I feel that I didn't have enough buying temperature with the no response girl.

If you disagree with flaking first when you are pretty sure that shes gonna flake you, why?

P.S. I searched this subject and found nothing.

Lil_Player
03-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Flakeing on a girl is awesome. I think your line, is liek you really really wanted to see her, but it was an emergency. You still care about her.

When I flake, I just don't call. It's a pretty shitty thing to do if she shows up. But it never happend to me cuz it's normal to confirm the meeting the same day.

Then she asks me why I haven't called. Then I say "oh, I forgot. Sorry babe"

Chopps
03-13-2008, 02:55 PM
yeah that one is a classic. I do see what you're saying about my line. I kinda see why it didn't work this last time because it was a different situation. The other ones I used that on I already had a lot of attraction and more time spent. It was kinda of a last resort. What my goal is when using these "flake lines" is to convey DHV and other attributes into them so it builds more attraction, especially with HB's that you are about to give up on.

Lil_Player
03-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Yes, I understand. But my response DO convey DHV.

Girl takes contact with you - DLV
Girl wonder why you didnt show up - DLV
You say you forgot - DHV (busy man)
Girl wonder why? or what you did - DLV (needy)
You say you just had so many things to take care about - DHV

If Girl wonder what kind of things, then you can make up a lie to dhv. But that's not often they sink that low. I think if you give them a answer before they ask, they might think you lie. And if not, you brag. Make them ask

TheRogue
03-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Flakeing on a girl is awesome. I think your line, is liek you really really wanted to see her, but it was an emergency. You still care about her.

When I flake, I just don't call. It's a pretty shitty thing to do if she shows up. But it never happend to me cuz it's normal to confirm the meeting the same day.

Then she asks me why I haven't called. Then I say "oh, I forgot. Sorry babe"

I actually find it very unattractive when a guy does that. It makes me take him less seriously afterwards, and if I'm not that attracted to him, I'll give up on him altogether.

Just my 2 cents,

Rogue

Lil_Player
03-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Yes, But, if you didn't wanna see me and WAS going to flake on me. You start wonder why I didn't called you. Right?

And that's when attraction comes in.

If you liked me and did wanna see me, then I would loose some points. But that's not the question that had been asked
and in that case he got success with his flake line.

Chopps
03-19-2008, 08:39 PM
The no response girl that I checked off the list as a lost cause is back in business! :D I'm not sure if its the flake line that worked or what, but I went to the same bar on St. Patty's day that I met her at a week before and low and behold, she was there with her same friend. I thought I seen her there but just ignored it. I opened 5 sets, and after the last one, they approached ME. I was shocked, and her friend showed an awful lot of interest right off the bat.

HBNoresponse: immediately says "we should hang out".
KC: yeah, we should. you have been a lil punk lately though so I don't know.
HBNoresponse: "Well, I don't do text messages"
KC: "Ok, I'll take note of that" (writing on invisible notepad) Then I proceed to ignore the target and start qualifying her friend for a good 5 minutes.
Bar Closes, I don't remember if I even said bye but whatever I did worked. She calls me today out of the blue while I'm at work, wanting to hang out, and I flaked her because I got some serious studying to do for tests tomorrow no bs. Its a definite day2 tomorrow. Wohoo!:cool: Greeeaat Success.

Fader
03-19-2008, 08:41 PM
First off, is it good to flake a girl before she flakes you? IMO it is so if you agree,

What are some good flake lines to tell a girl before she flakes you? Keeping in mind that you are pretty sure that she will flake you.

One I've used a couple times in text message form is "Sorry, I cant meet up with you tomorrow. I know I said I was going to kick it with you but I need to see my grandpa cuz he isn't doin too good right now. :( "

I've had 2 good responses, and 1 bad response which was a no response. I feel that I didn't have enough buying temperature with the no response girl.

If you disagree with flaking first when you are pretty sure that shes gonna flake you, why?

P.S. I searched this subject and found nothing.

I have had to do this. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense. I just say hey sorry I cant make it something came up. Vague is better then specific. Let her mind wander. Generally I have other plans but i feel bad saying sorry I am flaking cause i thought you were going to flake and i have hotter girls in my phone or I would rather do cold approach and shoot for SNL's or get 5 numbers then deal with you. That might sound harsh but it is honest

Chopps
03-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the input Fader. I notice I get too logical sometimes and explain things to too much detail. I have been trying to improve on that, and not with just flaking. I like to make her mind wander with saying things that could be interpreted several different ways. It gets those gears in her head all jumbled up. Now that I notice, I shouldn't have even told her I was studying, a good "I'm busy tonite" would have worked fine. Although, would showing that ,I'm a responsible person who has his priorities straight, be considered a DHV? Hmmm. Ah screw it, being vague can never go wrong.

Fader
03-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the input Fader. I notice I get too logical sometimes and explain things to too much detail. I have been trying to improve on that, and not with just flaking. I like to make her mind wander with saying things that could be interpreted several different ways. It gets those gears in her head all jumbled up. Now that I notice, I shouldn't have even told her I was studying, a good "I'm busy tonite" would have worked fine. Although, would showing that ,I'm a responsible person who has his priorities straight, be considered a DHV? Hmmm. Ah screw it, being vague can never go wrong.

me too bro. lose it. it does not work on several levels. we are taught to be as specific as possible. ng for pickup. studying sucks. busy is too harsh if you have plans. something came up is way better.