PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Shit Tests

Phateless
03-2008-05, 03:12 PM
Does anyone else ever find themselves (subconsciously?) setting up shit-tests for yourself that you know you can pass? I feel like I've caught myself doing this before... not really sure what to make of it. Thoughts?

Doku
03-2008-06, 12:00 AM
No. But that sounds like a powerful tool. You would think that if you could get a girl to shit-test you in ways that you know you would pass, she would be less inclined to use one of her own later on.
You know, since you already passed x number of shit tests.

Phateless
03-2008-06, 02:25 AM
Shit tests have always seemed to me to be a reaction to something I've said. When and how often to shit test... I've always felt like I've brought it on myself through something I've said, and if my game is tight enough, there will be no shit tests. Funny thing is, I like shit tests, I think they're fun. :)

SiliconMagician
03-2008-06, 12:00 PM
I've found that shit tests spring from incongruency. Back when I first started gaming, I didn't have all my body language down. I had the major stuff but it was the the little things that were very hard for me to change. For instance, I found out the hard way that after delivering my opener, I'd automatically take a drink of my beer. It made me look nervous like I was pounding back to gain confidence. I'd get shit tested. So now before I make an approach, I finish my drink and go up without a drink in my hand and my hands in my pockets or behind my back. Looks much better and at least the right off the bat testing subsided.

SM

Phateless
03-2008-06, 12:02 PM
I've found that shit tests spring from incongruency. Back when I first started gaming, I didn't have all my body language down. I had the major stuff but it was the the little things that were very hard for me to change. For instance, I found out the hard way that after delivering my opener, I'd automatically take a drink of my beer. It made me look nervous like I was pounding back to gain confidence. I'd get shit tested. So now before I make an approach, I finish my drink and go up without a drink in my hand and my hands in my pockets or behind my back. Looks much better and at least the right off the bat testing subsided.

SM

Yup! That's exactly what I'm talking about... smarter girls will also shit test you more.

_Cane_
03-2008-06, 03:11 PM
If you are setting up frames where she is the prize so that she can shit test you. Thats backwards. You should be trying to set the frame that YOU are the prize before you even bother talking to her...

why make extra work for yourself? and why accept a frame where she is the prize for any reason no matter what your trying to do?