PDA

View Full Version : Question: particular cold-reading book

TopDown
03-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Hey,

I was reading one of Style's classic writings (i believe it was called 'social robots'). I have a queastion about this quotation:

"There's a book on cold-reading that basically breaks down all problems to Health, Wealth and Relationships. And each have an Internal and External component. (This btw is the book where Mystery got his theory on this from.)"

Does someone know the title of this cold-reading book? I wasn't able to find anything on google about it.
thx

Rolls
03-04-2008, 08:19 AM
If you want a book on Cold reading, the only one you will ever need is 'The full facts book on cold reading' by Ian Rowland.

Absolute gem of a book.

As for the Mystery one... I have no idea if this is it or not, but people like Derren Brown have used it in their matierial it is that good!

Ultimus
03-04-2008, 03:33 PM
If you want a book on Cold reading, the only one you will ever need is 'The full facts book on cold reading' by Ian Rowland.

Absolute gem of a book.

As for the Mystery one... I have no idea if this is it or not, but people like Derren Brown have used it in their matierial it is that good!

I second this and yes Derren Brown is the one that recommended it to me. It is a great start :)

jech
03-05-2008, 04:59 AM
Hey,

Does someone know the title of this cold-reading book? I wasn't able to find anything on google about it.
thx

Book is called Completely Cold by Kenton Knepper
It is 18 pages, and not worth the pricetag, although people acquire this from other places.

Summary:
Problems are based on Health, Wealth, Relationships. Any problems they say can be twisted to conform to these categories.
"Yes = Yes, and"
"No = But"

I also recommend the recommendations of Ian Rowland's book.

Rolls
03-05-2008, 07:34 AM
I actually have completely cold... just totally forgot i had it!!!

Waste of space, time and money... in actual fact even if you get it free, it is still a waste of time and money!

Get someone to pay you... and then get Ian Rowland's book. Much better read, and is much better in the field.

TopDown
03-05-2008, 07:52 AM
thx for all the reply's. Gonna look for that :-)