PDA

View Full Version : Long Distance Relationships

Teaser
02-25-2008, 11:55 PM
So... there's a girl that lives in San Francisco. Met her in LA and got her number. She was here for a weekend (we're both 18) to shop and her grandparents live here. There was a REALLY strong connection. I don't know if this'll evolve into anything, or if it'll just stay as a fun fuck buddy (HB9).

Here's my question: How do people deal with long distance relationships? Do they work?

What's the deal?

aquaVIII
02-26-2008, 12:16 AM
they dont work

nuuro
02-26-2008, 08:52 AM
i'm in one myself. i dont want to say they dont work but believe me its fucking tough. only do it if you really think this girls a keeper.

jarryd09
02-26-2008, 03:58 PM
I recently broke off with my girl, same issue.

We hit it off so good for the whole month of december, but right when she went back to school (2 hours away), she became far too busy. Didn't even have time for me, oh well.

Long term relationships DO work, only if you've been dating them for long enough first..maybe you even love them, and then they move away. Other than that, don't even try.

fasttrack
02-28-2008, 02:36 PM
They are a LOT of fucking effort man. My advice to you is to keep her as a friend for now and if/when you get to be closer to her, try dating then. Some reasons that they don't work are,

1. Temptation on both parties to cheat (will probably happen unfortunantly)
2. Not enough time to see eachother
3. Not enough time to Talk to eachother (which is VERY important in a LDR. If you don't communicate, it will fail. Since this is hard to do, the partner will think that you don't care about her because you didn't call today.)
4. If it doesn't work, then you might loose her not just as a girlfriend, but a friend all together.

So stay friends, fuck if you want to when you see eachother, don't get protective of her if she starts banging some other guy, and when you finally get to live close to eachother or something, start things then.

Good Luck Man!

berkp
02-28-2008, 04:44 PM
They never work.

eman77
03-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Went out with my ex for a year before she went away and we just broke it off. I can give you ten reasons why it didn't work.

#1 you have to communicate every single fucking day. Text funny shit if you have to but always keep the communication going. We eventually hit a point where we almost had nothing to talk about since we no longer had the same friends or did the same things.
#2 There has to be hope that you guys will end up together one day. If you guys don't know the next time you will see each other it's going to go dead no matter how strong you guys are now. It would make things a lot easier if you saw each other at least 2 weekends a month.

It will break your heart trust me. Keep her as a contact for when your in town, otherwise spare the pain.

Sublime85
03-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Sorry mate, not a chance!

-Sublime

alphaK
03-04-2008, 07:39 PM
man you guys are such downers and I was hoping to build a relationship with a girl movin to Germany soon... lol.

berkp
03-06-2008, 04:12 PM
man you guys are such downers and I was hoping to build a relationship with a girl movin to Germany soon... lol.

Its tempting, but unless you guys are really close, and I mean REALLY close, I wouldn't even bother.

Even keeping her "warm" so you can get back together is going to take time out of your day, and its hard to keep attraction simmering over the internet/phone when you are on opposite sides of the globe. Better to keep in touch casually and go out and meet more women. Unless you guys are really close.

TrueStory
03-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Just say NO!

You should still game her, WHILE GAMING OTHER GIRLS.

Never hurts to have a girl on a side you can fuck once in a while when she decides to come VISIT YOU!