PDA

View Full Version : Bodybuilder identity

c0rv3tt3
02-09-2008, 07:47 PM
From what i've read online, "your identity is what you do repeatedly". Seeing as how i'm an unemployed student. Being a bodybuilder is my main identity. I've been doing for a year now and love it. I'm all natural (no steroids and what not). I'm 5'6 180lbs and you can somewhat tell im a bodybuilder by looking at me. I'm not that big yet. With this being said, How can i present this identity to women in a positive way and with a bodybuilder identity, what are some good ideas to peacock? (besides showing off muscles since this could take a few more years and i dont want to wait that long)

also for example mystery is a magician. He peacocks by wearing big dark gothy boots and wearing oversized hats. But he can wear this because he has the identity. I on the other hand carry the identity of a student/ bodybuilder. What would be some CONGRUENT ideas for peacocking?

How can i customize my material to fit my bodybuilder identity? I'm completely drawing a blank

if anything sounds confusing dont hesitate to ask .

thanks in advance!

The_Colonel
02-10-2008, 08:31 PM
I'll add my two cents, I'm in a similar situation and it can be difficult to peacock when you're only a year into your training.

Honestly stick with showing off muscles. If you feel good about yourself, it'll project and help out immensely. My best bet is getting some weightlifting/bodybuilding related t-shirts or whatever. Back when I was doing lifting I got results fairly quickly, so maybe modifying your training routine in conjunction with this to focus on muscle mass and toning for a couple months might help too.

I'm not a bodybuilder myself, in fact my sport/discipline has only recently come under the public eye, but I've been training for about a year and a half now. We do a lot of conditioning and strength exercise, but the problem is that it focuses on high strength/muscle density and low muscle mass. This means that even though I'm tough, you're not necessarily going to see much more than a little bit of toning and an outline of a sixpack... no huge muscles... and I'm not walking around with my shirt off either.

Might be a similar situation for you until you hit that point where you have more muscle mass and better toning. My strategy: Emphasize what you can, and feel good about it all round, that kind of confidence and positive self image will project and improve your game.

My exact solution was this: I went and picked up some t-shirts and craft paint, and painted/paperstamped my own designs. If you want to get them done professionally, by all means go do it. The point is to get smaller and more tightly fitting shirts, as that'll help peacock for you.

That's not the only advantage either... my shirts are simple but VERY unique. Out of that I'm able to get some great DHV stories when girls ask where I got the shirt and whatnot... and they always ask.

Just one idea for now, if I think of anything else I'll be sure to share! Good luck!

LiftinW8s
02-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Dude you dont have to be huge to have a bodybuilder identity. I workout 4,5 days a week and have descent size. Im 5'10 about 185. Alot of shirts i wear are very tight on my arms. Almost everytime im in set, girls ask, so you obviously workout, where do you workout, what do you eat, bla bla bla. It kinda gets boring when they start talking about that cuz thats not my intent. If your 5'6 and at 180lbs you have some pretty good size already assuming that your still pretty lean. It shouldnt be hard to convey a bodybuilder identity when girls can see you have nice arms or a firm chest. I wouldnt go wearing super tight shirts to show off though.

spade_of_aces
02-11-2008, 11:15 PM
dress with more athletic clothes for a sporty look. Tighter T shirts, tank tops, pumas, just work with what you got. Its not my style personally so I cant help much, but find someone whose look you like and model yourself after them.

I'm a sort of bodybuilder/ health freak, and I've never had good success using it in my sets. I think it tends to come across as try hard for me, but that may be cause its not part of my identity. Do what works for you, and just keep tweakin with it.

-spades

Hardwired
02-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Carry the identity in your attitude. In other words, confidence.

I am 6'0"/170 and absolutely ripped. Some girls are a bit freaked when my shirt comes off, most are amazed and want to get their hands on me. Most of the time you can't tell that I'm anything special, even in fitted clothes. But I carry myself like I have a 13" cock (only 12 though, lol), and that is all you really need to get the attention and keep it.

Your identity is the manifestation of your passion. It transcends the superficial image that society sees. Bring that passion to bear on a woman in close quarters and she is yours.

frsk
02-12-2008, 06:40 AM
dont show off your body too aggressively.. all girls i know love muscels but find that showing them off (too tight shirts..) is a HUGE DLV.

russki1
02-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Pick up some affliction? The shirts look really disgusting and protray that identity you want. http://store.ashleyklein.com/afclfuteeshi.html

Familiar
02-12-2008, 05:56 PM
dont show off your body too aggressively.. all girls i know love muscels but find that showing them off (too tight shirts..) is a HUGE DLV.
It depends, if it comes across as try hard then yes (things like wife beaters, etc). But otherwise if tight is your style and you are congruent with that I could not disagree more.