PDA

View Full Version : How to run small parties

Green Hell
01-30-2008, 08:37 PM
I've been with TMM for about 3 months. 1 month of actually "getting it".Prior to that, I knew a bit of DYD, but that does nothing for your game compared to TMM. I admit, I was introduced via VH1, but already knew about the seduction community prior, just never thought to explore beyond DYD. In this time span, I've sort of solved the art of small parties. I'll be hitting bars and maybe starting more daygaming sometime soon now that I'm 21 too, but for now, here what I mainly rely on.

First off, by small, I mean parties with less than 60 people with little enough music that you can actually hear people talk. Bigger parties are more alike to a bar setting. Knowing the host is huge, if not, it's not too big of a deal, just ask to be introduced. This will come in handy later. Most people are friendly, especially if they're hosting a party and you're not a complete uninvited stranger. Once you know the host, you're in.

I usually just kick it for about 15 minutes with people just to get a feel for the relations of people in the room. NEVER be the guy who sits on a couch by himself because he has no social circles to talk to. In the beginning when everyone is slightly awkward and still arriving, I usually spend about a half hour just getting to know random people. I personally think the best way to do this is to play drinking games. I know it sounds counterintuitive, but if they don't already have a beer pong game going, grab a deck of cards, and TEACH other people how to play some simple game. I've had tons of success many times doing this at a party, and the best thing is it will social proof yourself to other people and allow easy introduction and banter to the guys as well as girls at the party! By the way, when you teach people a game, especially other men, you're flipping the leader of men switch on high. People will ALWAYS play. My favorite games that are easy to teach/play at parties are flipcup, beerpong, fuck the dealer, and landmines. Just make it a point NOT to play much longer than a half hour, or past 10:45 for me.

After this, you should have a good feel for the party itself, and moreso, you should have gathered social proof from whatever game you're playing. Tease the competitors in a playful way if you're against them or even with them.

From here on out, run dhv material, and un-obvious openers. You will get cockblocked if you run too direct, and you'll look stupid if you run more than 1 opinion opener. Remember, you're not talking to 3 friends and the 800 people who DONT know them. You're talking to 3 friends, and their 40 other friends who happen to be at the same party...word gets round. NO LONG/Weird routines. Remember, you'll be in a well lit environment, and if you're running obvious routines in a small environment, the guys will start to think you're a douche. Play games like MurderMarryShag, thumb wrestle and small dhv rapport building games. Social proof is a double edged sword at parties like these. The biggest thing you can have on your side outside social proof are your dhv stories. Partygoers love stories, and the better you can tell them, the cooler they are.

Once you have girls attracted to you at a party... drop them. Literally, move onto another set. It's not that you don't necessarily want them, but it'll look more like you're just being social. Secondly, you'll need to social proof yourself to leave with them and this will help to build easy jealousy plotlines. Merging sets at parties is the easiest thing you can do... literally. You are of assumed higher value, and while you might not get as many AI's, people won't be overly gaurded at you approaching them.

To merge sets, all you have to do is go up to someone and ask them how they know the host.... bla bla bla, then transition as you normally would out of that opener.

Now, at all normal house parties I've experienced (not talking 260 people parties and frat bashes) the biggest problem comes when trying to move into comfort. First off, there is pretty much nowhere to go for isolation assuming you're not going to be creepy and take her up to someone else's bedroom. Secondly, everyone else can easily watch your kino escalation. Third, it's all circles of friends, and wasted people will come by to interrupt you every 5 seconds even if you are isolated. Number closing and setting a day 2 here is easy... very easy. But taking the girl home is a bit trickier. The best thing to do is bounce her to a simple campus/local pizza place or restaurant that is open late, and hope that you happened to social proof yourself to her friends enough that kino escalation won't become awkward in front of the others. If you definitely have started kino escalating a bit, tell her you wanna show her something outside. Tell her to close her eyes, and kiss her (catching her off gaurd). Or just simply kiss her outside for a minute or two and go back in. If you can get there, you have a good chance of f-closing. Good luck, and party on!

Nine Headed
01-31-2008, 03:20 AM
Tell her to walk upstairs and that you'll follow her in a few minutes.

Don't hook up in the bathroom or near the drinks/food cause people will walk by there often.

Storage areas are good cause people won't check them like bedrooms though bedrooms are still better than busy places. A blanket behind some bushes can be awesome.

Also don't be frustrated if you can't bounce, bouncing from parties is unheared of socially and if she's a girl worth your time she probably won't entirely leave the location of her friends.

Green Hell
01-31-2008, 12:38 PM
Tell her to walk upstairs and that you'll follow her in a few minutes.

Don't hook up in the bathroom or near the drinks/food cause people will walk by there often.

Storage areas are good cause people won't check them like bedrooms though bedrooms are still better than busy places. A blanket behind some bushes can be awesome.

Also don't be frustrated if you can't bounce, bouncing from parties is unheared of socially and if she's a girl worth your time she probably won't entirely leave the location of her friends.

I bounce from parties quite a bit. Just going down the street to get a drink, or taking her to another party is far from unheard of.

lSmoothl
01-31-2008, 02:50 PM
This is good. Ive been to quite a bit of parties where there are way over 150 people in a house, and finding a place to build comfort is way hard when you bump into the whole party when you are moving ^^. im interested in learning more of what you have to say about party game bro

alphadevilx
02-02-2008, 05:50 PM
As far as games go, Flip Cup is fun, easy, a lot of people can play, and it's quick so you won't be spending your whole night playing games. Beer pong is fun, but we all know there's those nights where you're on the table for 2-3 hours and miss the whole party.

Don't stay in sets too long, especially if there's a lot of people. If I know most of the girls at the party, I usually pick 5-6 different sets and just rotate through them. If I don't know most of the girls, I try to get into as many sets as possible, but after an hour or two I tend to narrow down my targets to 3-4 sets.As for the actual interactions, I try to keep them short and sweet. Always try to WALK AWAY on a neg or a dhv.

Close as you would anywhere else. Fuck it if other people are watching. If you get enough of her attention it shouldn't matter to her if people are watching or not and as long as you've built enough social proof, nobody should be cock-blocking. Ask her to get a drink with you or something like that get a drink then move to a comfort location and go into you're comfort routine. A couple of times after K-Closing the girl has asked me if I'll go to the bathroom with her except we don't go to the upstairs bathroom LOL. I've asked this to girls too after I K-Close and it does work. Even if I don't fuck, I'll usually get a good makeout session and a nice tease for what's to come.

Some tips on party throwing:
Try to switch it up with a theme. Toga, Hawaiian, Western, LINGERE, Walk of Shame (girls wear a guys shirt and their underwear), GI Joe's and Army Hoes, etc. Women look for excuses to dress slutty, trust me.

If your having a large gathering try to meet all the people you don't know. Your social proof is probably already through the roof if you're throwing a party, but people who don't know whose house it is are more likely to make a mess/disrespect your house.

HAVE MORE THAN ONE TRASH BAG in the house. When was the last time you saw a bunch of girls play in a dumpster? If you're house is a mess ask girls to help clean up with you, that's what they're for anyway right?