PDA

View Full Version : First FR

Pringle
01-20-2008, 05:36 PM
first time in public.
I grabbed a cookbook walked up to a blonde girl on the music aisle.

Pringle: Hey can you help me out for a second. I'm cooking dinner for my girlfriend tonight and I was wondering if you'd tell me what she would like
HB9: Oh sure (smiles at me)
Pringle:Alright so should I cook shrimp, salmon, or chicken (while flipping pages)
HB9: Oh well I personally love seafood so I'd pick the shrimp.
Pringle:Oh, why?
HB9: Well it's very easy to cook
Pringle: Oh, how do you cook it?
HB9: Just oil and seasonings, you know

I didn't know how to transition and got into interrogation mode

Pringle: What kind of oil do you use? Like olive or vegetable?
HB9: Olive
Pringle: And what seasonings?
HB9:Just salt and pepper
Pringle: Oh alright thanks

My weak attempt to transition

Pringle: So do you got to *local community college?
HB9: Yeah
Pringle: OH cool i know a guy that goes their.
(the second i said this, i knew i effed it over, of course i know someone their!!!) and i just ejecte
Pringle: Alright I got to go, thanks!
and then she smiles as i leave

Just give me feedback, I really wanna go sarging sometime again, and hopefuly it will be succesful with a number close.
Thanks!

SlikNick
01-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Okay... Good start, now do this 3-4 times a day for a week or 2 until u can get a number close, won't be easy by the way. Good luck

xigging
01-20-2008, 07:57 PM
next time, don't say you are cooking for your girlfriend, especially if you plan on #closing the girl or having the interaction lead to anything else. just say you are learning how to cook and are wondering which is the easiest or something like that. by bringing up a girlfriend in your first sentence you limit yourself to only being a friend in her eyes. not a bad thing if you are new to this whole thing, but I'm guessing that's not what you were going for.
good job getting out there and going for it tho. keep it up!

flyboy352
01-20-2008, 11:33 PM
The fact that you got out there and were socializing is good. Ive been trying to do the same thing with people I deal with (bank tellers, cashiers) male or female just to build confidence in conversing with others. BUT like the above poster said...I definitely wouldnt mention a girlfriend...real or imagined...unless she is a total slut she is going to think your a dick for trying to get the number of a random girl in a book store.