PDA

View Full Version : Bouncing sisters from bar to diner to house problem.

Nemisis
01-2008-13, 06:52 PM
Ok I hooked the crap out of a 2 set.
Find out they're sisters and one has had a bf for 10 years. Ones a 7.5 the others pretty close to a 9 (the single target).

The 7.5's in distress about relationship problems so I work the boyfriend destroyer and within 15 mins she's actually telling me she "just decided" she doesn't want to see him anymore.
I'm thinking "ok that went wayyy too easy". She had to be contemplating this long before I showed up.

I'm IOD'n and DHV'n, neggn the target (her single sister) when appropriate. Start kino'n the 7.5 (only because we're seated in a line and I can't reach the target to kino). I go into comfort with BOTH girls and find out this 7.5 actually has a serious nervous disorder, is on *3* powerful meds so I lighten up and try to bring her mood up.
Her sisters smiling because she's a lot more level headed and was liking the fact I got her sister smiling and in a good mood. The target starts leaning wayy over to grab my arm when she's laughing and what not. And the sister who was originally the obstacle is kino'n me too now. The back of my mind I'm thinking "3some", but lets just keep things flowing for now.

All 3 of us are in deep rapport at this point and the bar starts to close. I tell them I *may be having an after party at my house and they're welcome to come. The throw out major resistance like "we don't go random guys houses blah blah". So I start playing with their heads like "you shouldn't, but does your intuition tell you I'm a *random guy* or someone REALLY worth getting to know"?
They comply to the venue change. They say first I have to go with them to the diner THAN they'll come back to my place.
At this point my wing is nowhere to be found. I NEED him bad.

I tell them I'm with a friend (my wing) and they walk with me around the bar to find him (but I don't realize he's already outside waiting).
I ask them what diner they're going to.
They say I can roll with them but I'm like I can't leave my buddy alone. Try calling him and "no service" on my phone, great.

We split and I tell them I'll meet up with them at the diner in 20mins.
I wind up finding my wing, he says he has to go home cause he's gotta wake up early tommorow. I'm like ok can you take me to the diner than and drop me off?
He says yeh than takes me straight home haha. I'm like "wtf DUDE don't you wanna meet these girls?" Mind you this is a new wing of mine. We've known each other for only a few days. So rather than start any kind of arguing I just go home. (cause I'm pretty much already there on the car ride).
I failed to #close because I had them so hooked there was no need to timebridge. (I *thought) Than I couldn't get back to the venue cause I was above the legal limit to drive.
Actually called the diner up and asked them if there was 2 girls there, described them, they looked briefly than got mad and said "do you have any idea how many people are here right now?" I hang up pissed off.

Went from a great set to complete failure in 15mins.

But in that situation, does anyone see damage control that could have been done AFTER the situation? I'm still in distress about the sequence of events. I'm not trying to blame my wing. I ran the set while he was off somewhere else doin his thing and I'm not sure why someone would bail out like that.

Am I missing something? What would you guys have done in that situation?

Nemisis
01-2008-13, 07:36 PM
Sorry, this should be moved to the field reports section. I apologize mods.

HenryHotspur
01-2008-13, 09:05 PM
I would have found service on my phone, left a message, and got in the car with the girls.

It's hard to leave a friend, but when you're not the driver, it's just your responsibility to leave a message for him so he doesn't spend forever looking for you. (When you're the driver, you have more responsibility for your passengers.) If you can't call him, leave a note on his car, something ...

And when you're meeting up, always get a number, "Just in case ..." something intervenes. It often does.

Tell your friend he's a complete asshole, and unless he's extremely apologetic and has a good reason, forget about him. New friends need to treat each other better than that.

Nemisis
01-2008-13, 09:32 PM
I would have found service on my phone, left a message, and got in the car with the girls.

It's hard to leave a friend, but when you're not the driver, it's just your responsibility to leave a message for him so he doesn't spend forever looking for you. (When you're the driver, you have more responsibility for your passengers.) If you can't call him, leave a note on his car, something ...

And when you're meeting up, always get a number, "Just in case ..." something intervenes. It often does.

Tell your friend he's a complete asshole, and unless he's extremely apologetic and has a good reason, forget about him. New friends need to treat each other better than that.

Yeh see normally I have no problem with confrontation, but its like my wing has seriously done everything perfect up untill this point and as much as I want to be like "dude was it really that big of a deal to drop me off?" I'm going to give him one more chance because we do get along very well together, opposed to some other guys I've met who were complete jokes.
And another side of me sees what he did as him trying to teach me something. Because in the moment I was so high energy and so invested in just fucking these 2 girls that as we talked on the ride home I got the impression his was trying to make me understand that running solid game is more important than having a ONS and that I should have been content in the fact that I ran a set well despite the outcome.
Like the same idea when you run a set bad and it fails it should be no big deal, that the complete opposite should be true as well, when you run a set good you still shouldn't be outcome dependent. Which I understand to a degree but I think he thinks more with his head and me my dick, which we'll have to work on in the future.
But yeh more previous phone work could have def avoided the situation, I just had so many things going on at once I wasn't on top of my game in the organizational sense.

HenryHotspur
01-2008-13, 10:51 PM
"Because in the moment I was so high energy and so invested in just fucking these 2 girls that as we talked on the ride home I got the impression his was trying to make me understand that running solid game is more important than having a ONS and that I should have been content in the fact that I ran a set well despite the outcome."

F that.

Look, on a certain zen level, I think that's a valuable message. But when you meet a new friend it's inappropriate to put yourself in the position of your friends mentor, and to shut down his game because you think you have something to teach him.

You had a chance to practice some later stages of your game. Who the f is he to tell you that you can't do that? Quite frankly, it sounds like he was power tripping on you - he AMOGed you to puff up his own ego since you were the one doing well.

I could be wrong, and I understand giving him a second chance, but make it clear to him that he's your buddy, not your mentor. If he wants to suggest strategies to you, that's fine ... but that's the limit of his authority.

2ManyWomen
01-2008-14, 01:02 AM
All 3 of us are in deep rapport at this point and the bar starts to close. I tell them I *may be having an after party at my house and they're welcome to come. The throw out major resistance like "we don't go random guys houses blah blah". So I start playing with their heads like "you shouldn't, but does your intuition tell you I'm a *random guy* or someone REALLY worth getting to know"?
They comply to the venue change. They say first I have to go with them to the diner THAN they'll come back to my place.

Went from a great set to complete failure in 15mins.

I think that you kind of strung a couple wrongs together here. You might have failed a shit test when they started the "we don't go to random guys houses...." stuff. But what you said wasn't a deal breaker.

Next, you "may" be having an after party? Ouch. It sounds like you were baiting them to see if they were interested. Why not just say you are having the party with the attitude that "who wouldn't want to come to my place?" It's the only place to be, etc, etc...

Next, they backed it up with trying to make you jump through a hoop, which you tried to do by going to the diner.

So I have a question:

If you're having this after party and it's going to be great (people there, booze, etc) then why would you ditch your own party to go to a diner with some girls you just met? It jsut doesn't make sense. I bet they saw right through this and after that you were buried.

I'm thinking if you got to the point you did, then you should've been able to make a successful move to the after party at your place.

The point is not that you f-d up, but that you got to the point you did and can learn from it next time. Respect for that. Next time you'll be all over it.