PDA

View Full Version : Lifestyle question, how should i handle this?

asianspirit
01-11-2008, 07:02 PM
So basically here's what happen. I'm currently attending california state fullerton. I'm living with my mother. Overtime, she let herself acculate a debt of over 100,000 dollars. She let this one guy she barely know borrow 80,000 dollars from her and predictably, he doesnt pay her back. So each month, she pay an excess of 2000+ in interest. Oh yeah, despite having a master degree in computer science, she cannot find a job.

She is working in some odd job and make around 1000 dollars a month only.

My older brother was supporting us for some month until now. He comes to a knowledge of my lifestyle of going to club and he thinks LA life corrupted me. He basically demanded that if he were to continue supporting my mom, I must move to Virginia. I can only make around 2000 bucks a month due to not having a degree yet, and this obviously isnt enough money to support both myself and my mom atm.

My mom begs me like everyday to move to virginia so that she can continue receiving financial support from my brother. What do you think I should do? Should I cave into my older brother's demand and move to virginia? If I move there, I cannot bring my car with me, I'll be living in a very* limited lifestyle for a couple of years and obviously my social life will suffer.

Vampyro
01-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Ok. I'm gonna be honest with you here, and try to use good english because you are asian. Stay with your mother while you are getting your degree, as long as you can. Save up all your money to buy a junker car, with enough game none of us need a "sport's car." Your not your car after all. If you can get even a little saved before you have to leave, you will be much better off. But, your 26, you shouldn't be living with your mother anyways. Finish off college, get a decent job, and worry about women WHEN you have all of this. Women are not your life, and picking-up women should just be a glorified hobby, as the game quotes. Get your life in order mate, thats the best advice I can give.

Domeremy
01-11-2008, 08:58 PM
As much as I hate being an asshole. Your moms problems are her own. She let a guy borrow 80,000, sorry but thats just straight up dumb.

With that said. I wouldn't be going out clubbing if I were you. If I were you, I would move out and start up your own life. You owe your mom a lot for raising you but at the same time you can't let her problems ruin your life. After all you only live once.

So don't move back to VA. It's obvious to you that you can't make enough money back their, so don't go.

silversixone
01-12-2008, 12:35 PM
You need to move out and live on your own, away from controlling people. It will suck for a while, but you'll be a lot better off in the end.

Silver

HRHughes
01-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Has your mom considered taking the guy to court??

Help her out a little, i'm sure she would help you. Maybe she isnt good at english, talk to some lawyers and help fix the situation.

I gotta say, my family, especially my mom, are more important to me then anything, i'd kill or die for them.