PDA

View Full Version : Face expression

Mufasa88
01-2008-11, 06:04 PM
What facial expression is best to attract girls? Or should these heavily switch depending on the context (for example.. before having made eyecontact) or phases?

In The Game, Style (and I think David DeAngelo too) has said to practice the looks of the "badboy", like James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause.

But we learn to come across as always being the fun guy with a big smile too. Especially on warm approaches.

Which is better, the emotional expressive and warm face.. or the no-emotion James Bond look?

Vulture629
01-2008-11, 06:06 PM
I go with the emotionally expressive warm face. If I do the "bad boy" look, I look like a rapist

silverghost
01-2008-11, 06:38 PM
James bond look is great for me. Especially since I like the formal dressing and ofcourse when u appreach u do smile but not like someone that will creep people out. After you approach u can go back to James bond mode.

wanderer
01-2008-11, 07:04 PM
It depends on your identity. If your 5'2'' and 110 lbs soaking wet, the badboy face is not going to suit you. You'll look try hard and incongruent. If you 6'5 and jacked the badboy face will be just as bad because you'll be too intimidating. You should be having fun when your out and that should show in your facial expressions.

Unfortunately, I'm with vulture. I'm 6', 200 lbs with a shaved head and when I try looking like a badboy it looks like I've got rape in my eyes. For me, every now and the the boyish-shy glance will hook them, then I can approach warmly by introducing myself. Kind of looks like I overcame my shyness and they reward it by giving me a warm response.

Vampyro
01-2008-11, 08:55 PM
Oh Em Gee, are you serious? Re-read the game. Mystery said the most important trait of the alpha male was the SMILE. ALWAYS BE SMILING! EVEN WHEN YOU TAKE A BIG HIT, CONTINUE TO SMILE. Unless a girl is telling you something such as (I was so depressed at one point in my life, I slit my wrists because I just couldn't stand wha was happening) Then its appropriate to not smile. Had that happen recently actually, that girl was a 10 too, I saw no reason why she should have been depressed over a guy. BUT BACK ON TOPIC. SMILE UNLESS ITS COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE. Grins are good too.

Mufasa88
01-2008-12, 02:30 AM
True. But why would David DeAngelo say that you should learn the looks of James Dean and Marlon Brando to appear like that? And Style does say the same thing in The Game.

Vulture629
01-2008-13, 02:51 AM
SMILE UNLESS ITS COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE

Thats why. Whenever your not smiling don't look bored.

Mufasa88
01-2008-13, 09:46 AM
I'll definitely remember that, thanks. I know it's just logical to do so, seeing that you have to appear to have fun at all times.

3. Emphasize your sexuality

- Relax your eyes. Look at Jim Morrison, Phil Lynott or even Marilyn Monroe, their eyes all carry the same look, model it.

- Slightly Purse your lips, as if you’re about to kiss them.

- Slightly tilt your head up and look down when speaking.

- Slowly study women’s faces during interaction, glance at lips periodically.

- Keep an inquisitory look of mild arousal on your face.

From Cajun's Advanced Body Language. Is this just a different technique to attract girls using your body language, or is it possible to look sexy and warm (constant smiles) at the same time?

Sheek
01-2008-13, 10:07 AM
I go for the constipated look.

Mufasa88
01-2008-13, 11:09 PM
I'll definitely remember that, thanks. I know it's just logical to do so, seeing that you have to appear to have fun at all times.

From Cajun's Advanced Body Language. Is this just a different technique to attract girls using your body language, or is it possible to look sexy and warm (constant smiles) at the same time?

Anyone here who could answer this? Or does it not really matter at all, what look you have? I've been thinking/trying different things a lot, I could just see which look gives me the best results, but I want the best possible.

Colin
01-2008-13, 11:47 PM
The idea behind looking like a "badboy" is to convey that you are unaffected and solid and comfortable in your own skin. But you don't wanna look like you're in a shitty mood either.

You wanna be able to project your state, whenever appropriate. Smile and project that you're having a good time without looking like a clown, and also be able to project that you can sit and be in the moment and relaxed.

silverghost
01-2008-15, 07:50 AM
I dont agree with the whole smile all the time thing. It comes across as fake or creepy if u smile all the time. A sly smile would work wonders but come on u have a social life, meaning that u can understand when to smile and where not to. If u are in a set and they accepted u u dont have to grin all the time like a clown. Just chill, and enjoy it. If they are high energy with jokes flying around etc yes u can smile. If you are the sole entertainer give em a poker face from time to time. Be mysterious not the "I laugh all the time with no reason" guy.