PDA

View Full Version : Any publicity is good publicity?

NumbaOneDesi
01-2008-11, 06:03 PM
Even if you're doing ridiculous and maybe even asshole things, is it better to simply have your name floating around than not?

Even bad rumors are better than no rumors right?

Floating around a college campus I mean.

Better that people have heard something about you right?

Domeremy
01-2008-11, 08:51 PM
Def no.

If you heard xx person fucked his mom and then you meet him. Would you like him more because you have heard his name before?

HenryHotspur
01-2008-11, 11:01 PM
Depends how bad the bad rumors are.

There are "badboy" rumors - "I heard this guy had a threeway with her and her ..." etc. Those don't hurt you.

Then there are "bad" rumors - "I heard this guy roofied a chick and raped her." Let's just say that one's not gonna help you.

Ask yourself if the story is a DLV or a DHV. Sure, there's some dhv in being a name people are talking about ... but that's swamped by the DLV of, say, being the guy who got drunk and wrapped his mom's car around a tree.

Sheek
01-2008-11, 11:49 PM
the only rumor that will hurt you is one where you're a creeper. "dude, i heard this guy put a camera in the guy's washroom and sold movies to the math prof..." is bad publicity.

NumbaOneDesi
01-2008-12, 12:00 AM
Er, yeah.

My fault for not clarifying.

Gillette
01-2008-12, 08:10 AM
Any publicity that makes it look or sound like you are incapable of attracting a woman is bad and anyone who spreads that kind of (mis)information about you is NOT your friend.

ibrox
01-2008-12, 09:15 AM
Even if you're doing ridiculous and maybe even asshole things, is it better to simply have your name floating around than not?

Even bad rumors are better than no rumors right?

Floating around a college campus I mean.

Better that people have heard something about you right?

God no.

This especially applies when you have made a big change in your life that is very noticeable. I have lost count on how many times a potential lay just goes cold when somebody i hate says shit about me. Talk about insecurity..