PDA

View Full Version : Handling AMOG interrupts

jdawgmcb
01-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Alright, lets say that i'm sarging a 2 set, and i'm about 1 minute in the set, and an AMOG enters the set, could be a boyfriend, friend of one of them, whatever.

Now, i have three options here, what should i do?

1) Befriend the target and immediately switch to him to gain trust.
2) Introduce self to the target and then look to AMOG him.
3) Since i haven't been in the set long enough, leave the set and count as a loss.

WHat would you guys do if you were 1-3 minutes into a set and an AMOG interrupt entered?

cleardarknight
01-10-2008, 11:10 PM
I would UTSF

jdawgmcb
01-10-2008, 11:14 PM
im sorry, utsf?

jdawgmcb
01-12-2008, 01:02 PM
anyone can tell me what UTSF means?

sdnightfly
01-12-2008, 01:24 PM
There's enough info on the boards for the answer.

Just remember there are different types of AMOGs...some will bring you in and tool you, and you won't pick up on it, because when you don't look they're looking at each other and then at you. Some will turn their back to you and get the set to ignore you.

You never come across as a predator...out to take someone's girlfriend. It's okay to be a little bit of a threat, because you can get into some pretty funny conversations, but it's something to be careful about, esp. when alcohol is in his system and as well as yours. You don't want to go into liquid courage mode.

You can play an egotistical AMOG by getting him to go on and on about something that no one GAS about at the table... you'll see eyes glaze over because they've heard it before, but you're so "damn fascinated" by what he's saying, you let him keep going. You know the joke your dad tells every year and thinks you're hearing it for the first time, that you've heard it so much that you're ready to find the nearest ledge? Kind of like that.

When guys don't use the gift of gab and the loudness of their voice to own the set, they'll use the physical. Puff the chest up, knock into other guys.

Also, keep in mind there are a LOT of guys with pent up roid rage at the clubs. Add alcohol to that and it could really fuck up your night. You might want to AMOG him because he's pissing you off, but you're talking about a potentially bad outcome...but to figure that out, you can always downplay steroids because you took them to get over an injury, and don't see the big deal in it, without saying "you're a roid freak". And never accuse someone you think is on roids. They'll flip out.

Your question about what you should do... you have to see yourself as a party crasher that wasn't invited over, and act accordingly.. be a gracious guest, but take no shit. It's going to be up to the girls whether you stay or go if he says to get the f-k out. I know free drinks is usually a no-no, but you may have to buy a pitcher or a round of what they're drinking, one time. If he doesn't pick up the next round, eject. This isn't about buying a girl a drink as much as social circle ethics.

I wouldn't look into gaining trust except that I'm not going to focus on his girl as a target. That's why it helps to scope the room and see who is sitting with who. If you see a group of 4 girls, chances are there may be 1 guy or none. If there are 2 girls, there may be 2 guys...all depends on how long they're not with guys...and also seeing guys coming up to them asking them to dance. Sometimes it helps talking to those guys... they can wind up being c-blocks or wings, because he's already talked to them and can tell you if he's into one of them or could go with either of them.

I think UTSF is the same as STFU...and prob. meant DAFS.

No offense.

HenryHotspur
01-12-2008, 02:45 PM
It all depends on what he's doing.

If he's just a guy, don't give him "AMOG" status right away. The way you need to see it, YOU'RE the AMOG. You're still the most entertaining, exciting, interesting person in the group.

From the fact that your thinking about leaving the group because another guy showed up, it sounds like you don't really believe you're the alpha in the group. But think about how an alpha guy reacts:

Somebody new enters the group, and he effortlessly incorporates that person into the conversation. He's not threatened by the new arrival - he doesn't either ignore the new obstacle or focus on it. It doesn't change his game plan - because an alpha's game plan is stronger than that!

You only need to go into an AMOG-destroyer technique if he's trying to AMOG you. Otherwise just treat him like any other obstacle.