PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Questions Regarding Fashion and Protection

LoverBoy47
01-09-2008, 09:18 AM
My first question will be about protection. I know its always good to tell a story where you are the hero, and lets say some dude was fucking with your chick and you kicked his ass. Well lets say you followed this train of thought. Your body is a creation of God and thou shalt not do harm until thy self. And we are all God's creatures so thou shalt not do harm unto others. (No, I'm not Christian.)

So real life situation. I was walking home with my girlfriend, and three dudes were fucking with us. So I told them to back the fuck off, and of course they start messing with me. Two of them punched me, but they were seriously chumps. So after a brief encounter I decided they were not worth my time and I turned around and said "lets go" and walked the rest of the way home with my girlfriend. Where in the end, they really did back the fuck off.

I took a couple of punched but seeing as it was 3 on one I didn't really fight back. They and they were seriously chumps. Would telling this story be a DLV? Or am I going to have to sugar coat it a little bit?

Okay, about fashion. Heres me being a nerd and not really wanting to let go of my nerdy nature. I grew up playing Doom, beat it like a hundred times (still playing it on Xbox Live). And I am a fan of things of the dark nature. Like Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, my favorite color is black. Lets just say I had a disturbed childhood.

Now I know you are supposed to dress like a tribe that someone would want to visit, so you shouldn't wear skulls on your chest. But what if I wore skulls that were in a pattern? Because I am not too fond of wearing nice pink and purples.

Should I just bite the bullet and stop being stubborn and just go out and get some clothes that scream "I am a nice and happy person!" versus "I kind of grew up rough and I don't really want to hide it."

Which would be more desirable?

xxKing
01-09-2008, 09:38 AM
For the DHV story i would coat it or do something, this shows you cant protect your female even if you had no power, so yea coat it or just use a different story.

For fashion, i think it is very easy to wear the rocker/metal look, but in the right sense of style, there are bad ways to dress rockstar and good ways to do it. I also think that by dressing metal you will attract metal girls the most and other girls will not find it attractive so the way you dress may come down to what kind of girls you want to attract.

Sheek
01-09-2008, 10:19 AM
My first question will be about protection. I know its always good to tell a story where you are the hero, and lets say some dude was fucking with your chick and you kicked his ass.

If you haven't fought someone for something you believe in before, people can tell you're bullshitting when you spout stories about epic heroism where you suddenly become Mr. Badass and tear up a club.

Well lets say you followed this train of thought. Your body is a creation of God and thou shalt not do harm [unto] thyself. And we are all God's creatures so thou shalt not do harm unto others.

No, you are a creature of your daddy's sperm and your mommy's egg. If someone fucks with you, you better commit sin and do some fucking harm unto them.

I was walking home with my girlfriend, and three dudes were fucking with us. So I told them to back the fuck off, and of course they start messing with me. Two of them punched me, but they were seriously chumps. So after a brief encounter I decided they were not worth my time and I turned around and said "lets go" and walked the rest of the way home with my girlfriend. Where in the end, they really did back the fuck off.

Not fighting was a smart move, but a pretty pussy one. Why would you let someone punch you in the face without doing anything? Of course you'd get your ass kicked (pretty big chance unless you're Chuck Norris), but at least you'd be manly about it.

I took a couple of punched but seeing as it was 3 on one I didn't really fight back. They and they were seriously chumps. Would telling this story be a DLV? Or am I going to have to sugar coat it a little bit?

Yes, it was a DLV. Don't bother talking about it. Even with an inch-thick glaze of sugar this story would still come off pretty bitter. (Yes, I know, I'm a brilliant wordsmith).

Okay, about fashion. Heres me being a nerd and not really wanting to let go of my nerdy nature. I grew up playing Doom, beat it like a hundred times (still playing it on Xbox Live). And I am a fan of things of the dark nature. Like Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, my favorite color is black. Lets just say I had a disturbed childhood.

Black isn't a color. It's a shade. But it's a pretty cool shade. Wear it if you like it.

Now I know you are supposed to dress like a tribe that someone would want to visit

What the fuck is this about? You're reading way too far into Mystery's little evolutionary psychology bit.

Should I just bite the bullet and stop being stubborn and just go out and get some clothes that scream "I am a nice and happy person!" versus "I kind of grew up rough and I don't really want to hide it."

Dress yourself with whatever you feel comfortable wearing. End of story.

silverghost
01-09-2008, 04:17 PM
More or less I agree with sheek but some pointers.
If in the first story the chick u were talking about was cheating on u she probably was cheating on you for a reason. So dont ever say my gf was cheating on me.
Unless u can back your story up you better use some other DHV story.Also not fighting back is weak no matter how u see it. You aint jesus. Take some self defense classes. You are the man. If you cant defend your girlfriend who will? Also if there are three and u make a bold move on the first like (since u are in self defense) lock his hand, or leg and u threaten that if they dont back off u ll break something they ll probably leave u alone. I studied martial arts and the real winner is the one that intimidates the enemy on not fighting with you. Not winning unneccesery fights. Also if there is going to be a fight you always want to send your gf away and fast. You cant protect her with her being near danger. protect the path she takes and she ll probably bring help if u really need it.
As for fashion get a woman out to buy u some stuff. Wearing whatever feels comfortable is good but if u seem like a tribe (as u say) that she doesnt wants to be a part of you lose.
A black blazer a shirt and jeans goes a long way. at least for starters.
I might forget something but feel free to correct me.

Sirocco
01-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Hey man!
When it comes to fashion, use something that fits your body... not just because its fashion. If it doesnt fit you it will only makes you look like a geek...Try some shirts from amplified, black, rock t-shirts

http://www.ebtm.com/m-6-amplified-clothing-at-ebtm.aspx