PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with DHV stories

MorningDaze
01-07-2008, 03:22 PM
I am only 18 and i havent had much awesome stories happen in my life yet. So i have trouble DHV in stories cuz i dont have any lol. Attraction tends to be the my sticking point as well. Any help would be awesome! I just found out about this stuff a month ago and just found this forum not long ago.

Aldeniro
01-07-2008, 05:18 PM
in the words of Mystery 'Fake It Till you make It!'

MrTy
01-07-2008, 08:14 PM
think of some interesting thing that happened in your life ... change one detail ... then another ... then another. Does this story resemble the original? yes? read it again and see where your imagination takes you.

or steal them from other people. I have a story about a Tranny at Denny's on a date that happened to a friend of mine.

Talk to waitresses, the guy towing your car, that weird guy who plays guitar on the corner at 3 am, everybody has interesting stories ... just learn how to make it sound like it happened to you.

TrueStory
01-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Read this:

http://www.theattractionforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49144

_Hollywood_
01-07-2008, 09:14 PM
or steal them from other people. I have a story about a Tranny at Denny's on a date that happened to a friend of mine.

Talk to waitresses, the guy towing your car, that weird guy who plays guitar on the corner at 3 am, everybody has interesting stories ... just learn how to make it sound like it happened to you.

Don't you think that's kinda...lame?

MrTy
01-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Nope. If shit hasn't happened to you, b.s. until it has. Or you could try having an interesting life ... that might help.

MorningDaze
01-07-2008, 10:02 PM
I dont really want to fake it but i might until i get used to telling the storys and working on my delivery. Thanks much to you truestory that will help alot!

Ill be sure to post some storys i think of and get your guys input.

Thanks again!

_Hollywood_
01-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Nope. If shit hasn't happened to you, b.s. until it has. Or you could try having an interesting life ... that might help.

So I'll rephrase what you said real quick...

If you don't have interesting stories about your life...steal other people's stories to make yourself sound more interesting to someone you're trying to just bang, even though it's not true and basically lying.

Ummm not really something I'd suggest personally, but then again what do I know, lol.

Why does everyone need a "dhv" story? I've never done any of that crap before, I don't understand why it's so necessary that you have to actually make stuff up to SOUND cool. What if this girl turns out to like you, and maybe you like her too? Now you've gotta deal with the fact that her attraction to you is fake and built off lies, and if/WHEN she finds out, what then?

I constantly promote building yourself from the inside out rather than the outside in, which is what this is promoting. If you set goals for yourself and become ambitions, accomplish little things here and there, you'll feel much more confident about yourself and it will show in the way you dress, act, talk, carry yourself, etc etc.

I don't tell "dhv stories"...I AM a "DHV".

That's one of the problems with "game", it's all about pretending to be someone else, instead of building YOURself before trying to pretend. I'd rather take the time and really make it as ME, then make it as someone else but do it now.

*edit*, and what's so wrong with saying something happened to your friend, and not you? Big deal, if it's a cool and interesting story I doubt the girl is gonna be like "haaa well this guy is a loser cuz this didn't happen to HIM."

MorningDaze
01-07-2008, 10:37 PM
yeah i agree thats why i dont want to "fake it tell i make it". I want my own storys and i do want to dhv in them because if there true and i can dhv its fun and by the sounds of it girls like storys. I just want to get the attracting part down try many things out and see what works best for me. Building yourself inside out sounds like a good idea

agold7964
01-07-2008, 11:28 PM
It’s not lying, it’s flirting*
Most of my stories are not made up, but I do over-exaggerate here and there, and I throw in some lies to make my stores have more DHV spikes in them. And, like another guy said, fell free to take other people’s stores, and make them your own! Or if you read something interesting, say it happened to your friend.
EX! So, we have all ready “the game” by Neil. Remember when he was talking about that guy that use to masturbate right before he went to bed, and the next morning he would have a hard dry piece of cum in his dick, and he would have to push a little to get it out. Well, I tell that story and say it happened to my friend: “so, get this, my buddy told me he stopped waking off right before he went to bed…” and onto story!

I also write them down. I have 26 pages on my computer of different things to say. Different “pick up lines,” different negs/disqualifiers I repeat a few times a week to get use to saying them. I have about 5 stores down. I started to figure out you can usually simply say the same thing over and over again. I was at this party, and went to 4 separate sets, and the first 5 or so minutes I said the exact thing!!!

MorningDaze
01-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Ok well i plan to use some storys that arnt mine for a little bit but then im making my own, and i made one already after reading truestorys post. It is about my lil sister and snowboarding that i will share shortly and get inputs from you guys.

Afterburner
01-08-2008, 12:48 AM
you don't have to think whether a story is a DHV or not. Basically something interesting happened to you or your friends is pretty much a DHV.

You randomly decided to get some ice cream with your friends around 1am and you saw one of your friends getting kicked out of bar bc he is really drunk. You persuade him to join your group and enjoy the night...

You were chilling at your friends apt and their neighbors (which are also your friends) were making some cookies as they have promised before but they ended up burning all the cookies as the oven was almost spitting flames.

You were having a blast with your friends and you guys decided to make some easy mac, One of your friends sucks at cooking but she wants to cook as she is drunk. At the end she forgets the easy mac in the microwave burning the shit out of it.

All the stories are DHVs, you are spontaneous. You have friends.You care about them and they care about you. You enjoy drinking and chilling with your friends, blah blah and they are not bullshit stories starts with ''I was in LA last weekend and you can't believe what I see....''

Stuff like these probably happened to you too yet you are not confident about yourself to actually put it in words. These are not wow stories yet they are just a part of you.

Pretty much what hollywood says, you should be the DHV not the story.

MorningDaze
01-08-2008, 07:26 AM
Ok thanks that helps alot! You should check out my dhv storie though its a true story and i dosent start with l.a.

_Hollywood_
01-08-2008, 08:49 AM
It’s not lying, it’s flirting*
Most of my stories are not made up, but I do over-exaggerate here and there, and I throw in some lies to make my stores have more DHV spikes in them. And, like another guy said, fell free to take other people’s stores, and make them your own! Or if you read something interesting, say it happened to your friend.
EX! So, we have all ready “the game” by Neil. Remember when he was talking about that guy that use to masturbate right before he went to bed, and the next morning he would have a hard dry piece of cum in his dick, and he would have to push a little to get it out. Well, I tell that story and say it happened to my friend: “so, get this, my buddy told me he stopped waking off right before he went to bed…” and onto story!

I also write them down. I have 26 pages on my computer of different things to say. Different “pick up lines,” different negs/disqualifiers I repeat a few times a week to get use to saying them. I have about 5 stores down. I started to figure out you can usually simply say the same thing over and over again. I was at this party, and went to 4 separate sets, and the first 5 or so minutes I said the exact thing!!!

flirt /flɜrt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[flurt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used without object) 1. to court triflingly or act amorously without serious intentions; play at love; coquet.
2. to trifle or toy, as with an idea: She flirted with the notion of buying a sports car.

flirt (flûrt) Pronunciation Key
v. flirt·ed, flirt·ing, flirts

v. intr.

1. To make playfully romantic or sexual overtures.
2. To deal playfully, triflingly, or superficially with: flirt with danger.

That's weird...I don't see anything there about lying. Maybe I'm just missing where pretending you're cool actually makes you cool.

You want to use an example from the game to back up your argument? That's fine with me, how about I do the same...half way through the game, Neil says "Sarging is for losers". Word for word...that's what he says. Maybe you guys all forgot that part? He then talks about how it's important to build a good life and get your confidence up and create an ATTRACTIVE LIFESTYLE for yourself, after which everything will fall into place naturally. Having a lifestyle you're happy with and confident about will give you more self-satisfaction and definitely more confidence.

As far as the last thing you said...your "cheat sheet"...how long have you been using them? And how much longer do you plan on using rehearsed material when you're talking to girls? Saying the same thing over and over and over again like a script lol. Do you ever plan on moving away from this stuff, or is it just working so well for you that you won't change it?

AND a last question...exactly how well IS it working for you? What have you accomplished since you started using all of this "material". I'm honestly curious, not trying to ask sarcastically.

MorningDaze
01-08-2008, 09:02 AM
I dont want to fake storys but i think there good to have if you have your own and i guess its not that i really want to dhv in them but just tell them so she feels attraction. If you read my snowboarding story with my sister thats realy and i didnt lie at all

MrTy
01-08-2008, 09:02 AM
I honesty don't use the scripts. I like to think about the stories before hand so I make sure that I don't say something overly offensive (which I did the other day while improving a story), but that is just part of my personality. I dont focus on adding DHV because I know that having a life myself is a DHV. Whenever I have purposefully tried to add more DHV to a story its success has gone down. I was just trying to tell the dude how to come up with more stories.

I only use the frame work of the method. I honesty don't use any of the prescribed openers, stories, scripts, lines or whatever ... that just makes me feel like some cheesy dude with a gold pendant and chest hair with too much cologne. Then again, opening and attracting were never my problems, it was closing the deal, which is what I got in here for.

MorningDaze
01-08-2008, 09:04 AM
yeah i just want each step down on lock and attraction is my issue atm.

_Hollywood_
01-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Dude don't worry about getting "each step" down. Not each "step" is essential to being successful. I honestly hate to look at life in terms of equations and phases, but when I pay attention to the phases on here, a lot of them can be switched around, modified, or even totally skipped over in REAL LIFE interactions, which is what you guys are here to learn, or become better at. As I said earlier about building yourself from the inside out, this is going to allow you to further understand the inner workings of the interactions you're being a part of. Through going out and interacting you'll be able to see what makes people react positively, negatively, and how to read these things without using words at all. Go out and OBSERVE. Go to a club and just chill, watch how girls interact with each other, and watch how guys try to approach them. Watch who's successful, and who's not.

Do you know the look girls give each other that usually means "ok get me outta here" ? If you do, you're a step ahead because you can read that and other body language signs when YOU are trying to "pick them up". This allows you to politely remove yourself from conversation and come back later (maybe), without them saying anything or being rude. At the same time, you'll be able to notice when you're doing things right and stick around for awhile.

THESE are the things that should be learned, not a step-by-step process to getting laid.

MrTy, I understand what you're saying, my last post was actually directed at agold7964, not you. Sorry if it came across as attacking you or something. I just get aggravated when I see wrong advice being given.

sevant
01-08-2008, 09:19 AM
I think a better phase is "own It" not "fake it". My thoughts are in agreement with Hollywood's post here. You have to put your self out there to get better at this or improve at interpersonal relationships. Don't hide behind devalue-ing stories and rutine. That's why people are always saying stop being a wuss and grow some balls because its scary for people to expose themselves. Fear sucks guys. Learn to love and care for people you what to be in your life for who they are. Start with yourself.

Rhyde
01-08-2008, 11:27 AM
hey guys, what do you think of this one????

"I was dating this girl and we were walking down this back alley to take a shortcut, 4 crazy guys were jumping on top of this car, but when we saw them it was too late to turn bak so we thought we would just walk past right? The guys jumped off the car and said, "give me you fucking money!

Now the girl had her handbag and shopping bags with her so I told her to walk on while I stayed put to try and stall them. As she walked on I told the guys, "Look, if I had any cash do you really think I would be walking down here at this time of night??" *what I was really thinking was that I had over £300 in my pocket since I took her shopping that day lol.

They walked up to me and circled me. I saw that Karen was safe by then but they had me circled and beat me to the ground hitting me 4 times across the back of my head. At that point I was pissed so I grabbed one of them by the neck and guess what??? THE OTHER 3 RAN AWAY!! His mates didnt even help him!! FUCKING PUSSIES!!! I didnt call the police in the end thou, do you think I should have????"

Long DHV but how do u think I could improve it???

Cheers Guys!!

Afterburner
01-08-2008, 12:34 PM
you got beaten and you say it's a DHV?! Never try to create DHV telling a girl how you beat the shit out of somebody, it's just pathetic. Why would they want to listen to your fight scene and get tensed while they went out to have fun. Thousands of AFCs try to do that but that's just a futile attempt to attract them.
Your story pretty much says: I would take a few punches and kicks for my gfs but I don't really know how to protect them.

Titanictimmah
01-08-2008, 03:02 PM
I see nothing wrong with embellishing the truth a bit. Hell, you do it with your buddies, why not with a hot babe?

For Hollywood, please don't take this the wrong way or anything, but you have to realize that for a lot of guys coming to this forum, they don't have the natural charisma/looks which enables an audience with women like you do.

Now I'm in no way saying you only get girls because of your looks, I'm sure you've got the game to back it up anyhow, but it's definitely EASIER to get their attention if you happen to be good looking.

So for some of us guys who aren't quite the stereotypical alpha males in appearance, need some way to build value. Going up to a hot woman and being your lame boring self isn't going to cut it. And if you simply don't HAVE anything in the way of a DHV story, I agree, fake it until you make it.

Because you know what? Even though it'll feel a bit dishonest at first, you can bet the end result will at least be some REAL dhv stories to tell.

MorningDaze
01-08-2008, 03:08 PM
I agree with titanic. I will fake tell i have real dhv stories to tell.

I also believe you shouldn't look at your interactions with girls as phases, but i just helps you to know where you are in the interaction. For people that dont has social calibration or whatever have a hard time figuiring out what they should do next.

and for Rhyde you should post your on thread in stead of stealing from mine?