PDA

View Full Version : Losing my voice from sarging....HELP!

BenMcNabb
01-2008-05, 07:07 PM
Hey guys,

I've been sarging for a few months now, and doing it more often recently. I go to loud high energy venues and quieter places too, but around Christmas and New Years I went mostly to louder venues. I would have to project my voice, and in many cases basically shout to sarge the girls.

After sarging 5 out of 6 days last week I was in the middle of a set and my voice just went away. I tried to plow through it and speak from deep in my stomach or use my entire chest, but it just kept getting worse.

Does this happen to anybody? What do you do when you are in the middle of a sarge, she's attracted, and your voice cuts out like that? Any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated. Voice exercises? Warmups like I'm about to sing in a musical? Going to quieter venues until my voice returns? I am willing to try anything because I cannot sarge without my voice, and I'm addicted. Sarging seriously gets me high when I am doing well.

Thanks,
Ben

silverghost
01-2008-06, 07:52 AM
Never had that happen to me but i would go to a doctor to check it just in case if i were you.

Throttle
01-2008-06, 11:07 AM
I never heard of that happening...sounds like the venues you're going too are way too loud.

GotrLc3
01-2008-06, 11:27 AM
Recover and go out again.

MAG!C
01-2008-06, 11:36 AM
No offence bro, that was just a stupid thread.

I can give you over 1,000 "What if"

- What if someone shoots a bullet in the club?
- What if the speakers cut of?
- What if she puts a roofy in my drink
- What if my battery died?
- What if I forgot my wallet?
- What if my pants are green color?
- What if my pants are red color?
- What if I walked to the club before 11 PM
- What if my hair was blonde that night?

... Like... you feelin' me?
WHO CARES.

silverghost
01-2008-06, 05:10 PM
I didnt see a what if in his thread to be honest. No offence but I have no prob on answering threads like that. If you dont wanna answer just dont mate:) Ignore the post and move on. People that learn how to talk loud maybe they overdoing it. So they ask if indeed they are overdoing so their voice goes off.
If its not a health matter you probably should rest your voice a bit and try sarging on less noisy venues from time to time so your voice can get some break. Dont let sarging make you sick mate:)

BenMcNabb
01-2008-06, 05:28 PM
I like how you addressed me MAGIC: No offense, but your a moron. Good stuff.

mrMote
01-2008-06, 05:51 PM
Caring about your voice should be the least of your worries, take care of your vocal chord or you won't even have one to use.

BenMcNabb
01-2008-06, 08:06 PM
OK, thanks guys, I'm gonna do day game at the mall every day for a week and not go out to loud venues for at least 2 weeks. I tried handwriting analysis on some random chicks at the mall last week and it went pretty well. With a little practice I can really apply it well to day game.

Guero_Mex
01-2008-06, 09:17 PM
You might want to give talking a rest. Dont end up damaging your vocal chords dude

Gillette
01-2008-07, 04:39 AM
Yeah, I've had this happen to me too. I just basically stop talking so loudly. Instead of trying to yell across distance, I go super-dominant and pull the girl into me so that her ear is close to my face so I can just speak directly into it.

Less shouting means less voice damage.

BenMcNabb
01-2008-07, 05:07 PM
Thanks Gillette, that's a great idea, I am gonna try that.

Lansing
01-2008-07, 09:25 PM
OK, my suggestion. Read up and practice/try the "Alexandre Technique". I first heard about it recommended from Style. It has to do with posture/ carrying yourself, etc... I got a book from the library and read the first few chapters but other stuff got in the way. I have to go back and read it but I recall how the guy came across the "technique" was because he was losing his voice every time he was singing/performing. Doctor's kept telling him to "Rest" etc but it got worse and worse. By following this technique it eliminated his voice loss.

Try it and report back here...