PDA

View Full Version : Intelligence as an attraction switch?

Green Hell
01-04-2008, 03:21 PM
So it's been long known that Leader of Men, Protector of Loved ones, and such are powerful attraction switches... and for obvious reasons.

If everything is biologically coordinated to offer the most likely scenario for a woman's baby to survive... wouldn't displays of intelligence be an attraction switch too?

The more intelligent one is, the more likely he is to survive, replicate, and pass on his genes.

Furthermore, there are even routines built around this, but I haven't seen it mentioned that intelligence is an attraction switch.

Examples...

-Any "mind reading" type trick
-Accurate Cold reads
-Style's photographic memory routine
-things like the cube, strawberry fields
-Knowing multiple languages and being cultured.

These ALL focus on intelligence.

So whats the lesson here? Use this switch in your stories, and try to hit it if possible using various routines and demonstrations. If you want casually mention your degree/education/job (if involving intelligent activities). I dont think it's completely necessary (I dont think hitting all switches is neccessary) but it certainly can't hurt.

Colin
01-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Intelligence is usually an extention of the main attraction switches.

Like "leader of men" could mean a lot of shit. If you're an intelligent guy and people listen to you cuz you know what you're talking about then you're displaying intelligence but it's mainly a leader of men switch.

There's a handful of secondary switches as well:
)Willingness to walk away

)Functioning emotional circuitry

)Teaching

)Lifestyle

)Identity

)Humor

They're all switches and good traits to possess, but it depends how you utilize them.

AndersonPUA
01-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Are you serious? Intelligence is an obvious attraction switch.

A woman wants to land the man of their dreams and marry them. Do you think a woman wants to marry a moron who may put them and their family out on the streets?

It's just common sense.

SAFFR0N
01-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Yup. I stack a bunch of intelligence/ambition/goals DHV stories into my routine and when I asked a girl later why she slept with me, she goes "becuase you're confident, sexy and smarter than most men I meet"

Mooks
01-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Hahahahahahahaha... interesting... lol.

Have you seen the movie idiocracy?

While you may be able to land that special girl using your powerful brain muscle, will you have children and procreate? hmmmmmm....

watch the movie and then we'll debate the issue... until then, hahahahahahaha

Jenner
01-04-2008, 05:14 PM
i know tons of idiots with great girls

silverghost
01-04-2008, 05:37 PM
i know tons of idiots with great girls

As metallica would say: Sad But True :)

CrasherAnon
01-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Intelligence it TOTALLY an attraction switch, but it's one of those things that, if misused, it becomes a DLV.

Think about it, James bond was one hell of an intelligent man, but he never ran around telling the women he closed all about how he knew how to disarm the bomb in Russia...

So in order to use intelligence as an attraction switch, I think you would have to be more subtle, show that you are intelligent, but intelligent people never HAVE to show that they are. lol. If that makes ANY sense at all. lol.

orgasmatron
01-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Guys,

If intelligence was an attraction switch, College professors would get laid like rockstars all day long. The only time they do get laid is because they have a willing student who would give up her pussy for a better grade.

Gee Whiz....

I see way to many early man types getting beautiful women all the time.

Survival and Replication are not part of the Attraction Equation at all...

I have yet to read anything that describes what attraction really is for a woman.

-Orgasmatron

Colin
01-05-2008, 02:14 AM
It doesn't hurt, but girls don't give a shit really. If she's telling you she slept with you because you're smart, is it because you know how to do some taxes or is it because you were smart enough to get her in the sack?

Intelligence shows through in whatever switches you hit. No need to go talking about grades or some technical work shit.

TheRogue
01-05-2008, 03:33 AM
While there are some general attraction switches that all (99%) of women are attracted to on some level, there are also girl-specific attraction switches, and intelligence is probably one of them. Some chicks are really turned on by intelligent guys (like yours truly ;) ), but there are also some that prefer stupid guys cuz smart guys make them think too much :eek:

There are lots of random things that can attract a specific girl, such as: leather jackets, nerdiness/studiousness, tall/dark/and handsome appearance, traveling experience, etc. Every time I notice one of these things in a guy, he scores an extra point with me.

Basically, when interacting with a guy, I (consciously or unconsciously) look for attraction switches. Whenever he mentions something that acts a switch for me, my attraction grows (or diminishes, since I think there are "repulsion" switches as well). If attraction >> repulsion, things start to happen :D

Point is, there are many, many attraction switches. Most of them are just specific for certain girls and not all girls, which is why they're not mentioned in the model.

Rogue

crh
01-05-2008, 05:42 AM
...there are "repulsion" switches as well...

If you would be so kind as to elaborate on this, I'm sure many of us would appreciate it.

silverghost
01-05-2008, 07:21 AM
If you are smart and you go up to a girl that does something on the pc wrong or she is having a hard time and u say "I know how to do it" (mr know it all)nothing will happen for you. If you say "let me help you with this" and u smile its better.Being intelligent still requires charm and social intuition:)

Aaron AO
01-05-2008, 07:57 AM
When they say what you studying to be and I say doctor, they wow.

I try not to really get intelligence involved in my GAME. If a girl's intellectually stimulating, then i'll take it up a notch obviously.

orgasmatron
01-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Some chicks are really turned on by intelligent guys (like yours truly ;) ),
Rogue

Ok attraction is wonderful. But I think the better question is " of the guys you had sex with which ones did you have attraction for because of intelligence and wound up having sex with?"

I never like the idea of asking a woman what attracts them or what they look for in a guy...

I always ask, of the guys you slept with, what was he and how did you meet...?

This never matches the answers you get if you asked what type of guy they are attracted to.

Guess what I am saying is " It's not who you think you are attracted to, it's who did you have sex with?"

-Orgasmatron

HenryHotspur
01-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Intelligence strikes me as a "second order" attraction switch. It correlates with a lot of good things - but it's indirect.

YEs, smart people tend to make more money. Absolutely. On the other hand, your smarts versus that guy who's displaying the wealth right now? You loose.

Yes, smart people tend to be leaders. But your smarts vs. that guy who's being the alpha leader right now? Again, you loose.

Your smarts versus that guy who's making her laugh right now?

Your smarts versus your own lack of social intuition?

etc, etc, etc.

If you've got intelligence, definitely, use it. But use it to improve yourself in all of those other areas, so that you're the guy with the status and the wealth and the social proof ... and /then/ you're golden.

silverghost
01-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Mates why do u isolate intelligence? Its part of the LAS VEGAS acronym(well not inside the acronym but part of the attraction switches). the more good traits u have the more attractive you are. We dont just talk about intelligence. We talk that its also an attraction switch if u know how to use it. If you are not smart probbaly you cant succeed in life meaning that women fail to see you as someone that they can survive (S&R theory, credit mystery). You might have everything but if you are dumb all your other traits will suffer.

DjSuperman717
01-05-2008, 05:23 PM
ok;
you are confusing intelligence with "being an alpha male in a certain field"

like for instance;
if you are knowledgeable in art or music; that would make you the alpha male in that field if no one else in the group knows anything about it

or if you are knowledgeable in the "wine tasting" field; and no one else in your group has any knowledge of the "wine tasting field"; then that would put you into the position of a teacher or an authority figure; which everyone knows are some of the alpha males in modern society;

Savoy
01-05-2008, 09:01 PM
I would not characterize "intelligence" by itself as an attraction switch. It can actually be a turnoff to a lot of women, though probably attractive to more. In general, the more intelligent the woman, the more intelligent she will want a man to be.

Intelligence - if you use it to develop Social Intuition, Humor, Wealth, or Status - is definitely useful. But by itself...I dunno. There's not a ton of point to do things to demonstrate your intelligence. It will come across naturally if you have it - focus more on the actual attraction switches.

What actually IS an attraction switch can be the subject of some artificial debate. Even within Love Systems, we call them by different names. Some guys for example talk about Leader of Men. Some of us see that as part of Status. It's a definitional issue, not a conceptual one.

Magic Bullets, Chapters 3 and 7 have massive and detailed overviews of attraction and attraction switches, so I won't repeat myself ad nauseum here.

TheRogue
01-06-2008, 08:20 PM
If you would be so kind as to elaborate on this, I'm sure many of us would appreciate it.

Well, if we assume that attraction switches trigger a girl's attraction for you, then repulsion switches are simply things that repulse her from you (i.e. opposite of attraction switches.) If you DHV, you attempt to trigger attraction switches. If you DLV, you often trigger "repulsion switches."

Example: If "protector of loved ones" is an attraction switch, then "abuser of loved ones" would be a repulsion switch. If you tell a girl a story of how you used to beat up your sister in 1st grade every time she got on your nerves, you'll very likely trigger a repulsion switch. Negativity and the infamous "victim complex" are also big repulsion switches. They are things that demonstrate you as low value and turn girls off.

It's nothing new, just a new name for something you already know.

Rogue

Eastern Digital
01-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Of course intelligence is attractive, lol.
Just don't show off your intelligence.

TheRogue
01-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Ok attraction is wonderful. But I think the better question is " of the guys you had sex with which ones did you have attraction for because of intelligence and wound up having sex with?"

I always ask, of the guys you slept with, what was he and how did you meet...?

Ah, wonderful question. Let me tell you that 80% of the guys I slept with were in either math or computer science... while the other 20% were headed into med school. Math and comp sci are some of the most masculine fields out there...guys who can think that way, in terms of math and logic, turn me on quite a bit. I have never slept with guys who were more into arts/humanities though. I find them to be more emotional, less logical, and therefore less masculine.

As far as how we met, it was mostly through social events, or randomly while studying. For example, I walked past a guy in a cafe and saw him studiously poring over a math book... for some reason I thought it was damn sexy, so I sat next to him. He opened me, and a bit later we had quite some fun banging each other for 6 months ;) In that scenario, intelligence was the first attraction switch that flipped.

This doesn't mean that I go for the typical asocial nerds though. Intelligence alone is not enough. The type of guy I usually sleep with is the "cool nerd." He is very intelligent, but also has a life, other interests, and social skills. Intelligence is only part of the equation, but it's an important part.

Rogue

Disclaimer: these are things that attract me. As I said before, other girls can have very different attraction switches (and most of them do).

silverghost
01-06-2008, 09:03 PM
The type of guy I usually sleep with is the "cool nerd."

And people say I have weird fetishes for submissive girls lol :p

orgasmatron
01-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Rogue,

Something is not right here.... I am not saying you are lying at all. But what is being said goes against my personal life experience and many, many women...

Guys who are into arts make for fantastic lovers especially those who have to use their hands because it's connected to their sex drive.

Also artistic types have to shut down their left side of their brain to be in the moment to be creative.

Being in the moment is extremely important during meeting and sex. Guys who have the toughest time doing this are in the Math & Sciences & Law fields...

Also having body awareness of what a man is feeling inside himself and awareness of the woman's feelings inside her while they are fucking.

The best sex is when a guy allows himself to be completely free ( No Thinking) and no inhibitions during sex. Where his orgasm is not the goal to achive but to enjoy the experience while taking their time and going with the flow.

Most guys have no clue of how the woman feels while he is fucking her. How could he know unless he is in his body and in the moment. This requires no left brain allowed.

So if you have not had been fucked like a wild animal by a man. Your missing something big...

Gentle Caresses and Full Frontal Animal Couplings and everything in between...

-Orgasmatron

premish
01-07-2008, 09:09 AM
MY personal experience is that:

Intelligence is DEFINITELY an attraction switch. If you say you're from an Ivy League school or any other prominent college, girls will be very attracted.

The reason why the nerds dont get laid is that they aren't alpha. If you're alpha and intelligent, the intelligence is definitely a DHV.

However, intelligence alone is NOT a DHV.

Savoy
01-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Ah, wonderful question. Let me tell you that 80% of the guys I slept with were in either math or computer science... while the other 20% were headed into med school. Math and comp sci are some of the most masculine fields out there...guys who can think that way, in terms of math and logic, turn me on quite a bit. I have never slept with guys who were more into arts/humanities though. I find them to be more emotional, less logical, and therefore less masculine.

As far as how we met, it was mostly through social events, or randomly while studying. For example, I walked past a guy in a cafe and saw him studiously poring over a math book... for some reason I thought it was damn sexy, so I sat next to him. He opened me, and a bit later we had quite some fun banging each other for 6 months ;) In that scenario, intelligence was the first attraction switch that flipped.

This doesn't mean that I go for the typical asocial nerds though. Intelligence alone is not enough. The type of guy I usually sleep with is the "cool nerd." He is very intelligent, but also has a life, other interests, and social skills. Intelligence is only part of the equation, but it's an important part.

Rogue

Disclaimer: these are things that attract me. As I said before, other girls can have very different attraction switches (and most of them do).

Naturally. The type of women who find their way to The Attraction Forums (and the type of women who find their way to message board forums in general, and then once there learn how to use text formatting buttons like italics, etc.) are not much of a representative sample. I know the 'type' Rogue is describing, and it's not wildly rare or anything, but it's also not the most common, nor a great mental model unless such women are what you're specifically focused on.

What attracts me today is coffee. My caffeine addiction has returned in full force.

silverghost
01-07-2008, 12:09 PM
I think Rogue has some points here (man i ll actually and honestly agree with a woma lol). She is in a PU forum. She knows the game. She knows a PUA that just tries to get her to bed and finally she wants someone that wont go around testing his skills with 100 other women.
In other words she wants to find a guy with not huge sources in women and with no game so she will be the best thing that ever happened to them and also be his ehm... teacher?:P The dude on the other hand will warship her since he doesnt find girls like her everyday if ever. Rogue gets all the sex and affection she wants and everyone is happy!
I had some girls like that so I think this might be it:) So Rogue any feedback?

Savoy caffeine addiction is the literally dark side lol. Try not to go further than kiss/taste closing it. It will be weird :p But i can also use ur feedback xD

Doku
01-07-2008, 03:54 PM
This is just my two cents, but I think that "Intelligence" is one of the things a girl will consciously think about when she is deciding to/justifying sleeping with you. I mean, when a girl meets a guy who is good looking, funny, a leader, and whatnot she'll be attracted to him and not know why. But if he's smart, and shows it, then when she's on her couch making out with him and he reaches to unhook her bra, she's likely to go over the list of things that she is looking for in a mate. Chances are, intelligence is somewhere on this list.

I guess what I'm saying it the things that she is consciously attracted to serve to aid the PUA in areas such as lowering the bitch shield, breaking the ASD, and removing LMR.

TheRogue
01-07-2008, 04:34 PM
I think Rogue has some points here (man i ll actually and honestly agree with a woma lol). She is in a PU forum. She knows the game. She knows a PUA that just tries to get her to bed and finally she wants someone that wont go around testing his skills with 100 other women.
In other words she wants to find a guy with not huge sources in women and with no game so she will be the best thing that ever happened to them and also be his ehm... teacher?:P The dude on the other hand will warship her since he doesnt find girls like her everyday if ever. Rogue gets all the sex and affection she wants and everyone is happy!
I had some girls like that so I think this might be it:) So Rogue any feedback?

Well, I like the part about me getting all the sex and affection I want, lol. :D I don't purposely look for guys with no game though. Men who have no experience with women and no game are difficult to deal with. Like I said, I look for the "cooler" nerds. If I found a guy with no experience, he might tell me I'm the best thing he ever had, but it won't mean shit if I'm the only one he ever had. :rolleyes:

Rogue

sdnightfly
01-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Quiz time, no right or wrong answers, just opinions:

A:Is there a difference between being smart and being intelligent, or is it one and the same?
B: And if there is a difference, does this also mean attraction switches for both would also be different?

If you're an expert in something (everyone is an expert in something, no matter how trivial or mundane you think it is... it's great when you're making bets) I think the most important thing is to be able to generalize and take it down into something the person you're talking to can comprehend. If they're in the same field you are, then you can use jargon.

Rogue's mention of having no patience for guys who have no experience, I think every woman should have one student (of adult age, not a real student) in their dating history.

silverghost
01-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Well, I like the part about me getting all the sex and affection I want, lol. :D I don't purposely look for guys with no game though. Men who have no experience with women and no game are difficult to deal with. Like I said, I look for the "cooler" nerds. If I found a guy with no experience, he might tell me I'm the best thing he ever had, but it won't mean shit if I'm the only one he ever had. :rolleyes:

Rogue

Well you might be into training him :p

_Cane_
01-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Intelligence is a very broad word. Intelligent in what way? I think being smart intellectually does not make girls wet dude. So in that way I'd agree that its NOT an attraction switch. I think its more of a sub-catagory branched off of value.

I think being educated regarding subjects that are of a common interest to the female will defintely create a connection, but that doesn't make it a switch. I think being educated is more of a status then a switch. Telling a girl you have a degree in economics is not nearly as attractive as telling her you are Stanford Alumni. So I don't think its the literal aspects of intelligence that creates attraction. Its the sub-communicated "i am important and successfull and potentially wealthy" that makes them percieve you as a DHV.

And if anything, I'd say having intelligence book smart wise will only attract girls on the basis that you present it in a certain way that triggers other switches.. such as leader of men. I think being a leader has a lot to do with being intelligent. So there might be something there but I've never heard a girl say "damn.. he is so smart.. its making me soooo hot... I just want to have sex with his mind.."

So in my opinion is that it is something that a girl looks for.. but in itself.. is not important enough to be considered something to focus on to get laid. I would not go and start studying astrophysics in hope that it will some how get me girls.. :rolleyes:

lol

Subway Eat Fresh
01-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Intelligence is a very broad word. Intelligent in what way?

This is very important; all too often "intelligence" has the connotation of being book smart. Telling others about your academic intelligence is BS, it only serves to show your insecurity and lack of social intelligence. I think that if one can calibrate his book smarts in a socially intelligent way (e.g. telling people about your love for astrophysics, demonstrating passion, focus and determination), people will flock towards you.

Intelligent people never have to tell you that they're intelligent; true intelligence will be picked up by others without you having to tell them.

Savoy
01-07-2008, 06:44 PM

A:Is there a difference between being smart and being intelligent, or is it one and the same?
B: And if there is a difference, does this also mean attraction switches for both would also be different?

If you're an expert in something (everyone is an expert in something, no matter how trivial or mundane you think it is... it's great when you're making bets) I think the most important thing is to be able to generalize and take it down into something the person you're talking to can comprehend. If they're in the same field you are, then you can use jargon.

I'm an expert in some things :)

Anyway, in your post, you've crossed the line from useful analysis to the molasses of definitional issue examination. I don't say this as a "that was a useless post" comment, but more as a "you're going down the wrong track in terms of learning dating science" piece of advice. The answer to your question is no, the difference between the two doesn't matter, and neither of them are worth thinking too much about anyway.

Just being randomnly smart or randomnly intelligent is not a big deal by itself. It will help you learn dating science material faster, it should help you develop Social Intuition, Wealth, and Status (and possibly Humor and Confidence), but by itself, it does very little for most women.

Moreover, if you have it, it will come across naturally, through some combination of your vocabulary, diction, interests, school/career history or projection, etc.

Mooks
01-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Yeah...

Intelligence is something you project, not something you boast about.

At least that's how it should be if you want to avoid coming accross as arrogant.

BoyScout
01-08-2008, 07:30 AM

all of an individual's cognitive capabilities are correlated with "g", the general
intelligence of that individual. if you're smart at one thing, you tend to be smart
at everything. there are exceptions, but they tend to be studied as
anomalies.

in my opinon, the popular perception of book smarts being different from
emotional intelligence or whatever is caused by poseurs who aren't very
bright in the first place, flogging some marginal achievement.

intelligence as an attraction switch is the subject of "the mating mind" by
Geoffery Miller. he argues that intelligence is in part caused by a
"runaway" evolutionary process like the pea cock's tail.

a very interesting read.

the importance of intelligence to people shows up indirectly, not in a
straight forward way. e.g. on surveys, being smarter shows up
prominently on how people would like to be better. also, in how keen
we are to disparage other's intelligence.

Best,

-BS

Charlybrown
01-08-2008, 08:39 AM
There is a great confusion about what intelligence means.

First of all, intelligence is a capacity to solve problems. Thus we find humans more intelligent than dogs, dogs being more intelligent then plants, which can't solve any fucking problem at all.

In general: A guy who can't solve his problems (or anyones) will be considered unintelligent and unattractive. You guess why.

Then we come to specific types of intelligence. Just google it for entertainment and / or academic reference.

Take, for example, a chess computer. It may be very intelligent in regard to solving problems in chess, but very stupid when it comes to fleeing from a burning building. Then, evolution takes its toll.

Similarly, a genius of mathematical / logical intelligence may be completely stupid when it comes to realizing the working of his own or other's emotions. He may attract women for being alpha in academic context, but might never be able to calibrate his jokes properly. Comparable, a pro tennis player has a lot of physical intelligence, like calculating the perfect arm movement in relation to the observed movement of the ball. But he might lack any other type of intelligence, like linguistic, logical or emotional intelligence - or excel in it too.

PUAs or aspiring PUAs - or anyone who wants to have a fulfilled social life - definitely need emotional and social intelligence, like:

* knowing the causes of your own feelings,
* knowing how to deal with them,
* emotional self-control,
* being able to read the emotions from other people,
* being able to evocate emotions in others,
* "microcalibration",
* recognizing your own social standing and that of others,
* knowing what is appropriate in a specific social setting and
* when to follow those rules for your benefit and when better not to.

and so on. You recognize a good part of Your "PUA-training" in this list, don't You? These are Your problems to deal with at the moment. And, I guess You see why intelligence - at least this kind of intelligence - does matter, because a guy who is stupid in that regard will either behave like a crybaby, a troll, an idiot, an authist or might just mistake a flirt for an analysis of asset values and stock prices. Imagine him like: "Why don't you laugh about my joke? C'mon, that was funny! Wait, maybe You didn't get it, let me tell it again..."

This type of intelligence comes rather distached from mathematical intelligence and is way more often found in women than in men - because men are just untrained in this kind of intelligence. Nobody ever taught them. All this PUA-stuff is just obviously a training-program for a type of intelligence many guys did not have to use too often before.

In this sense, let's finally also distinguish intelligence from education. An intelligent person is not necessary educated, and vice versa. I'd say that education is one of these mentioned secondary attraction switches, which attracts some specific women only, while others may even see this as a turn-off. For my regard, with hard learning and many tears I found that I could not attract women with plurifold latin quotes, neither by punning in greek, nor did I ever get any lady to dream of me explaining the depths of Immanuel Kant to her, alas! Just joking.

Greetings,
CB

Green Hell
01-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Well, one thing I know for sure... once a girl opens her mouth and sounds like Jessica Simpson, i'm almost instantly turned off. That might be a personal basis type thing, but if it is somewhat an attraction switch for me as a guy, I think it could definitely be one for women.

Savoy, I agree about 90% that intelligence comes across through verbiage and presence. Everyone can tell when someone is smart or stupid. However, when you're in a loud bar/club, this can easily be blurred. (ever wonder why the big dumb douches can pull some of the hottest girls in clubs/bars, but cant do shit during day game?)

This is why style's mental keyhook routine is great IMO for bars and such places where good true conversation is hard to have prior to comfort, isolation, or a venue change.

Secondly, if you brag about your intelligence... you're a douche. No different than bragging about being a leader of men, or protector of loved ones. Imbed your accomplishments and showing of smarts. I'm thinking about adding something to some of my routines... where if a girl asks my major, i'm gonna say I was thinking of trying for med school at one point, but decided I didn't want to waste my entire college career in the library. (this was partially true at one point)

woaren
01-08-2008, 11:50 AM
all of an individual's cognitive capabilities are correlated with "g", the general
intelligence of that individual. if you're smart at one thing, you tend to be smart
at everything. there are exceptions, but they tend to be studied as
anomalies.

There is no consensus on how to conceptualize intelligence. "g" has more problems than many conceptualizations, and basically there is no ideal way to conceptualize intelligence. Look up Gardner's 8 types of intelligence, which is a less simplistic definition.

If we're talking about emotions, I think intelligence only serves to trigger other attraction switches. In different forms it can display leader of men, capability to earn a comfortable living, etc but only if it is shown correctly.

However, I think intelligence has an enormous capability to trigger rational attraction switches, for lack of a better term. If I am attracted to a girl and talk to her and find out she is smart (or better put, is smart in ways that I value intellectually, ie is introspection & analytical) I am more inclined to see her again & progress a relationship. This is actually the #1 thing that pushes me to see a girl again. Girls who have been attracted to me and I become close with in one way or another (dating/fb/ljbf) have always told me intelligence was a prime motivator for seeing me again.**

**There is an important consideration though. All of these girls I have told naturally during A3 that they are very smart and I rarely encounter girls like them. Them telling me I'm smart could just be trying to rationalize their emotional response to me. Although on the other hand I am great friends with a girl who isn't especially smart, who I've never told is smart, who gets the "I want to bang your brains out" look whenever I say something particularly insightful (in her case, I can see that the aspect of my intelligence that gets her going triggers nearly all the alpha switches to her).

silverghost
01-08-2008, 11:53 AM
There is s saying: never argue with a stupid person. The people wont know the difference. :)

_Cane_
01-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Well, one thing I know for sure... once a girl opens her mouth and sounds like Jessica Simpson, i'm almost instantly turned off. That might be a personal basis type thing, but if it is somewhat an attraction switch for me as a guy, I think it could definitely be one for women.

If Jessica Simpson was in front of me and opened her mouth.. I think I'd be extremely horny. And sometimes when girls pretend to be extra dumb.. i find that kinda cute.. Many girls do this to be playful and I think its also subtly submissive on their part. When a girl is obviously playing dumb.. Your job is to call her out on it.. Laugh at how dumb she is and bust on her.. They keep playing dumb because it caused you to get playful with her. Being playful makes her feel good. So she'll keep making dumb statements on purpose. Its a perfect example of encouraging behaviors through setting frames. The frame you set is that she is a ditz. But the beauty, is that neither of you are being very serious. Also when you call them out, they will get playfully defensive (qualify themselves) "what am I doing? hahahhaha" Its very flirtacious IMO and definitely not a turn off. This makes your job easier..

And most girls aren't as dumb as the pretend to be... :rolleyes: I hate when guys whine "shes so dumb dude.." I always think "dude.. its not her fault you don't communicate with her in a way that you understand each other..". Granted, some people learn and understand things faster then others. But that doens't make people dumb either..

BTW just to add --- Its very important to note the difference between being intelligent and being articulate. IMO being articulate is much more important then the material that you are covering. Being articulate shows that you are intelligent far more then the size of your mental hard drive..

DjSuperman717
01-08-2008, 04:37 PM
i think eloquent sounds better than articulate;

but anyways;

you just made me realize why women used to pretend (or still are pretending)to be dumb;
it's so they could show their feminine passive agressive submissive whatever;
which they think is super feminine and attractive to men;

and so they could bait us men into teaching or correcting them (or whatever) like some kind of authority figure which would in turn make us attractive to them :D

sneaky as hell right?

and also;
if a woman has to bait you into doing something like that; then you must really be doing something wrong.........

and oh yeah;
social and emotional intelligence are very important.....
you should be adding it to your arsenal

xxEightxx
01-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Moreover, if you have it, it will come across naturally, through some combination of your vocabulary, diction, interests, school/career history or projection, etc.

Well said. Same goes for class and wealth.

BoyScout
01-11-2008, 04:01 AM
There is no consensus on how to conceptualize intelligence. "g" has more problems than many conceptualizations, and basically there is no ideal way to conceptualize intelligence. Look up Gardner's 8 types of intelligence, which is a less simplistic definition.

well, I looked up Gardner's 8 types of intelligence on Wiki -- one of the
problems, which Gardner admits is that THERE IS NO EVIDENCE TO
SUPPORT HIS THEORY of multiple intelligences.

intellectual fads to replace "g" come and go, but "g" remains, and is used
by anybody who needs useful results.

basically, if you score high on the SAT verbal, your score on the SAT
math may be different, but it'll also be high.

if you can figure out geometry, you can figure out seduction, but you'll
have to practice both to get good.

Best,

-BS