PDA

View Full Version : May have been asked before but what constitutes a PUA?

Ntvd7
01-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster....

I'm not sure if this was asked before but at what point do you/friends/whoever decide to call themselves a PUA? Is it just based on tight game? Amount of women you've slept with? Etc?

It's obvious that 134,694 kids are going to watch the show on VH-1 and claim they're PUA's shortly after but I think that's nonsense. Personally, I've always been successful with women but I wouldn't go all out and claim to be an 'artist' when I'm constantly learning and re-learning. What are the rules here?

Anyone? Very curious about this...

silverghost
01-03-2008, 04:47 PM
You earn a title you never ask for it to be given to you:) I could also go out and ask my friends to call me the Master of the Universe but still:p
Picasso, Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo etc all were artists. They didnt ask for anyone to call em that:)

silversixone
01-03-2008, 05:06 PM
A PUA is a guy who improves himself to improve his options in life, and who starts his quest by improving his options with women. PUA's tend to get laid more than AFC's, but that isn't his main goal, or is being known as a PUA.

Silver

_Hollywood_
01-03-2008, 05:12 PM
A PUA is a guy who improves himself to improve his options in life, and who starts his quest by improving his options with women. PUA's tend to get laid more than AFC's, but that isn't his main goal, or is being known as a PUA.

Silver

I have an honest question...not to sound like a dick, seriously.

But, this kinda makes me wonder...this exact thing has been happening since the beginning of time, what was it called before the term "PUA" was coined?

RunMan
01-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Alpha male.

silverghost
01-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Casanova: Seducer :)

silversixone
01-03-2008, 06:44 PM
this exact thing has been happening since the beginning of time, what was it called before the term "PUA" was coined?

I doubt it had a name. It was probably seen as "education" or "becoming a man." Centuries ago, boys learned a lot of it from the men in their families. But in the 21st century, a bunch of us have grown up without men around. Also, during the 60's and 70's, traditional male roles and men in general took a beating in the media, popular entertainment, and society in general. But now we've relearned a few of the ancient lessons and added a few of our own.

Boys will be boys, I guess.

Silver