PDA

View Full Version : So I'm meeting the parents...

CloudStrife
01-2008-02, 08:52 PM
and she's an Hb9, and i know her dad is very very protective(think of hulk hogan). The cousins too are protective...except her brother is totally cool with me.How can I disarm the girl's male relatives?

first time i went out with her, she didn't tell her pops that she went on a date with me :eek: and second date, her pops said no so I might as well meet him so I can disarm him.

I'm going to their house soon, any guys been in the same situation?what should I be prepared for?

Phateless
01-2008-02, 09:13 PM
just be friendly respectful and courteous. parents aren't that hard. a warm smile, strong, unintimidated eye contact and a firm solid hand shake and you're in. don't forget to chat up the mom too.

RunMan
01-2008-02, 09:43 PM
The more of a personality you convey the more friendly everyone will be. Dont be some stick eating. Be really funny (Try) and bing some great energy into the room. Dont over compliment but sprinkle it here and there.

sdnightfly
01-2008-02, 09:55 PM
Don't try to be smooth around them and act fake. You don't have to have a lot in common with them. You're dating HER, not THEM.

DHV yourself as far as goals go. Don't be nervous and don't talk too much because they're looking for anything negative from the beginning...reasons why you shouldn't date her.

Her brother likes you, so that should help.

They want to know you're responsible and aren't going to get her pregnant or break her heart. If she's got a curfew make the date end early.

and she's an Hb9, and i know her dad is very very protective(think of hulk hogan). The cousins too are protective...except her brother is totally cool with me.How can I disarm the girl's male relatives?

first time i went out with her, she didn't tell her pops that she went on a date with me :eek: and second date, her pops said no so I might as well meet him so I can disarm him.

I'm going to their house soon, any guys been in the same situation?what should I be prepared for?