PDA

View Full Version : The Mystery Method Checklist

Doku
01-02-2008, 01:10 PM
A few years ago, I took a public speaking class. It was alright. I never thought much about it because it was just a required class. Over the past few months, however, after discovering TMM (Which I honestly like more than any of the other methods of attraction), I realized my passion was speaking. I want to be some sort of speaker for a living after I graduate, but I'm not sure what. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

At any rate, one of the things I was realizing in-set was that I had so much to remember. I mean, God damn, be at an angle, know when to stop smiling, rock your body away, FTC, speak in a deeper voice... this on top of keeping track of where I was in the interaction... How she views my value in relation to her (and thus how much to neg), which switches I've turned on, the list goes on and on.

I remembered having this same checklist in my head, and afterwards I would write a field report containing essentially all the same things: the same did's and didnt's. In my speech class, it was the same thing. We had to stand up straight, roll back your shoulders, speak loudly, walk around the room, and you'd better know your damn material because if you had to think about it instead of your body language, you wouldn't come off as a good speaker.
I soon learned that the teach was sitting in back of the class, using a checklist of everything we did and didn't do. much like pickup, very little of it relied on our words or vocabulary. Instead, it was all the structure of our speech (The Model, in MM) and Body Language. The better we knew our routine, the more precisely we could stick to the model.

I was sitting around this morning, and had an epiphany, which I'm sure is clear to many of you by this point in my post, but I'm amazed I took so long to think of this, and haven't seen anything like it in the community.

What I created was a physical checklist. All of the things that are necessary in every set. After running a set, you go back and analyze everything you did, and all this does is help clarify your thoughts: Over time, you will see patterns in your checks and learn where you need improvement.

So far, I've only completed the early stages of it, but with such limited practice I'm not entirely sure of the effectiveness of my current draft. Not only that, I've noticed that A3 has very little "checkworthy" material. It's primarily baiting, qualifying, kino escalation, and the like. As such, I offer my draft to the community, so that if anyone has interest, we can all build and use it together. I would love input from everybody, but if one of the mPUA's that post here could spend a little time on this and give me some quality feedback from an expert, I'd be more than grateful.

As promised, here it is (incomplete):

EXAMPLE

Mystery Method Field Report Checklist

Field Report
Name: Doku
Approach Number: 221

Set Size: 4 (T,M1,F1,AMOG) [T=Target, M=Male, F=Female, AMOG=AMOG. duh)
S&R Value of Target: 7.5

A1: Open

[x] 3 Second Rule
[x] Body Language (Smile, Feet pointed away, approach at correct angle, etc...)
[x] FTC's
[2] Number of Negs
[x] Win over obstacles
[x] Social Hook Point
Notes: Entered the set with a pawn, F1 left to get a drink after approach, used mostly canned material

A2: Female to Male Interest

[x] IOI's from target
[x] IOD's Toward Target
[x] Preselection switch
[x] Leader of Men Switch/Protector of Loved Ones
[ ] Social Proof
[ ] Frame Control
[x] Emoting
[x] Locked In (Prop, body language)
Notes: Didn't keep multiple threads open, appeared too try-hard in leading the set. Luckily, T didn't seem to respond to this. F1 returned

A3: Male to Female Interest

[x] Kino
[ ]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, this is where I've gotten stuck. Maybe a checklist is too black and white for A3 and beyond. Still, I will continue working on this as I get more experience. This idea is the property of the community, so feel free to offer suggestions or adapt it to yourself.

Have fun out there, guys.

xxEightxx
01-02-2008, 03:45 PM
A few years ago, I took a public speaking class. It was alright. I never thought much about it because it was just a required class. Over the past few months, however, after discovering TMM (Which I honestly like more than any of the other methods of attraction), I realized my passion was speaking. I want to be some sort of speaker for a living after I graduate, but I'm not sure what. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Trial or appellate Lawyer :cool:

teacup27
01-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Awesome idea!
I'll be using this...
Can any mPUAs ammend the list?

TrueStory
01-04-2008, 03:20 PM

At any rate, one of the things I was realizing in-set was that I had so much to remember. I mean, God damn, be at an angle, know when to stop smiling, rock your body away, FTC, speak in a deeper voice... this on top of keeping track of where I was in the interaction... How she views my value in relation to her (and thus how much to neg), which switches I've turned on, the list goes on and on.

I remembered having this same checklist in my head, and afterwards I would write a field report containing essentially all the same things: the same did's and didnt's. In my speech class, it was the same thing. We had to stand up straight, roll back your shoulders, speak loudly, walk around the room, and you'd better know your damn material because if you had to think about it instead of your body language, you wouldn't come off as a good speaker.
I soon learned that the teach was sitting in back of the class, using a checklist of everything we did and didn't do. much like pickup, very little of it relied on our words or vocabulary. Instead, it was all the structure of our speech (The Model, in MM) and Body Language. The better we knew our routine, the more precisely we could stick to the model.

I was sitting around this morning, and had an epiphany, which I'm sure is clear to many of you by this point in my post, but I'm amazed I took so long to think of this, and haven't seen anything like it in the community.

What I created was a physical checklist. All of the things that are necessary in every set. After running a set, you go back and analyze everything you did, and all this does is help clarify your thoughts: Over time, you will see patterns in your checks and learn where you need improvement.

So far, I've only completed the early stages of it, but with such limited practice I'm not entirely sure of the effectiveness of my current draft. Not only that, I've noticed that A3 has very little "checkworthy" material. It's primarily baiting, qualifying, kino escalation, and the like. As such, I offer my draft to the community, so that if anyone has interest, we can all build and use it together. I would love input from everybody, but if one of the mPUA's that post here could spend a little time on this and give me some quality feedback from an expert, I'd be more than grateful.

As promised, here it is (incomplete):

EXAMPLE

Mystery Method Field Report Checklist

Field Report
Name: Doku
Approach Number: 221

Set Size: 4 (T,M1,F1,AMOG) [T=Target, M=Male, F=Female, AMOG=AMOG. duh)
S&R Value of Target: 7.5

A1: Open

[x] 3 Second Rule
[x] Body Language (Smile, Feet pointed away, approach at correct angle, etc...)
[x] FTC's
[2] Number of Negs
[x] Win over obstacles
[x] Social Hook Point
Notes: Entered the set with a pawn, F1 left to get a drink after approach, used mostly canned material

A2: Female to Male Interest

[x] IOI's from target
[x] IOD's Toward Target
[x] Preselection switch
[x] Leader of Men Switch/Protector of Loved Ones
[ ] Social Proof
[ ] Frame Control
[x] Emoting
[x] Locked In (Prop, body language)
Notes: Didn't keep multiple threads open, appeared too try-hard in leading the set. Luckily, T didn't seem to respond to this. F1 returned

A3: Male to Female Interest

[x] Kino
[ ]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, this is where I've gotten stuck. Maybe a checklist is too black and white for A3 and beyond. Still, I will continue working on this as I get more experience. This idea is the property of the community, so feel free to offer suggestions or adapt it to yourself.

Have fun out there, guys.

Here is the problem: Opening sets is not like flying commercial jets.

There are "exceptions" to the rules.

For example: you will not always need a neg. This one is big for me. I rarely neg. If i sense attraction right away, I'll change negs up to cocky and funny.

Second, what if you enter a set and she is already attracted to you, are you going to amplify your attraction even more? Until you blow her BT (buying temperature)?

Third, you say you stuck in A3. This should be easiest stage, because this is YOU TELLING HER why you like her. Actually, this is the MOST direct portion of the game.

Also, kino should be present from initial approach.

Check list is awesome for new guys. Because we forget.

We forget to give FTC, or throw a neg at target, or qualify her properly.

But i would make almost all steps optional. It depends on your social calibration, which step is ok to omit.

Doku
01-04-2008, 03:38 PM
This is the kind of quality feedback I was hoping for. Thank you.

_Hollywood_
01-04-2008, 04:06 PM
We forget to give FTC, or throw a neg at target, or qualify her properly.

But i would make almost all steps optional.

I still don't think the first thing is even necessary.

Second statement is true though.

Aaron AO
01-04-2008, 04:11 PM
3 second rule is for noobs.

sometimes you need time, e.g. you wanna approach but there isn't a seat available. you can't stand and open. at the same time, you will go over 3 seconds.

also when im with my wing i like to chat and calibrate how many neggs before going in which is also more than 3 seconds.

3 second rule is only needed if you have approach anxiety.

_Hollywood_
01-04-2008, 04:13 PM

sometimes you need time, e.g. you wanna approach but there isn't a seat available. you can't stand and open. at the same time, you will go over 3 seconds.

also when im with my wing i like to chat and calibrate how many neggs before going in which is also more than 3 seconds.

Wait...did you just say you plan how many times you're gonna neg a girl before you even talk to her?

xxEightxx
01-04-2008, 04:13 PM

Or if you have a tendency to hover and just eyeball everything that is going on in the bar before picking out who you want to open, or vulture as me an my wing call it.

silverghost
01-04-2008, 04:29 PM

If something works for someone especially when its field tested I dont think we can be the judges of it. If it doesnt work for you dont use it. If it works use it. Comments like its for noobs and whatever can be taken as insult to the people that came up with these ideas and help the rest of us.
Some respect please even if that doesnt concern me

Aaron AO
01-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Wait...did you just say you plan how many times you're gonna neg a girl before you even talk to her?

lol yea sometimes for fun i'll be like with one of my mates, "oh im gonna fit like 5 neggs into this conversation".

dont get me wrong. 3 second rule is great for when you begin but after a few sarges, i think you kind of know when you've been snipering at her and she knows and shit and how not to get into that situation. i agree if you have a tendancy to hover then keep using it but i dont know many people who have sarged for a reasonable ammount of time who still hover.

yea sorry i guess i was a little disrespectful with "its for noobs". i just meant that advanced pua might not need that 3 second rule. i remember one guy used to follow it as one of most importance and used to fuck up due to no seats, awkward positions etc. why? because he didn't think it through. i shouldn't say its for noobs though. i understand how the 3 second rule can benifit people who suffer from AA etc. i just dont think it should be a rule set in stone.

Guero_Mex
01-06-2008, 08:12 PM
This is a really good post. The check list is a good idea. Never thought of that lol

Nat3r
01-27-2008, 10:13 AM

wow, even though this thread is old that statement is 100 percent incorrect, the 3 second rule is there for AA but it is also there so she doesnt think your a creepy guy looking at her every five seconds

also, has this list been perfected?

cyberrage
01-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Keep in mind there are no rules, just guidelines

Calibrate accordingly

Doku
01-27-2008, 03:47 PM
also, has this list been perfected?

No, not yet. I had every intention of using this thing after each time I sarged, but I'm still new and it's still hard to stick to the M3 model (I know a lot of people say it's just the concept that you need to understand, but I hope to one day be able to completely control every set I go into, so I want to practice this consciously).
anyways, once I'm able to start successfully open as much as I want, I will come back to this list and tweak it accordingly.

ChiSoxFan95
02-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Maybe you could incorporate some of these ideas into A3
Attraction (A3):
•Kino
•Qualify her (make her jump through hoops) Ex: Are you adventurous?
•HBRR

Zink
02-04-2008, 09:05 PM
good idea man let me no wen the checklist is done

Green Hell
02-05-2008, 12:04 AM
You haven't said ANYTHING about your intent. And fwiw, the M3 model isn't necessary to know. It is simply a helpful gauge of how far into an interaction you are with a girl after meeting her. To me, it helps gauge whether to jump to a3, or if i'm starting off in a1.

You've created attraction, but you have no grounds for moving on because you haven't amplified Kino escalation, or simply done a juggler style SOI. Look up the SOI via bristollair or some other database. I've started to realize in my limited # of sets... I can easily get attraction, but I need to sexually frame things in the sense that I don't see them as a friend, and I need to number close more. I've had numerous numerous opportunities to number close, but for whatever reason, I haven't. Nothing even to do with being afraid either...

So far, you seem to have nailed opening and attracting. However, you gotta realize, for MOST girls... especially the girls who go to bars/clubs without the intention of getting laid, or girls who are more conservative, you'll need to qualify, state intention, then escalate.

As I've said, I'm good at qualifying, but need to state intentions better, then sexually escalate more.

Here should be your a3 checklist-

1.[ ] Light Kino to slightly heavier kino. (hand occasionally touching shoulder to holding hands, hands around hips, hand around shoulder standing side by side)
2.[ ] Heavy qualification questions. (lighter qualifying can start as early as a1. I've opened girls by asking if they're cool. What are they going to do... say "no I'm a loser"? If they answered that way, she either looks bad in front of her friends, or is truely a 10 who is just being a sourpuss in which you'll neg her anyway. Just make sure you use hooked statements in a2 rather than questions, and occasionally break off the tension depending on rapport and her reaction. )
3.[ ] Statement of Intent...aka soi (somewhat optional... not a MM thing, but I really think it's important, especially day game and in larger sets) This accomplishes many things. It shows you have balls, it shows you can make state changes. It lowers a girl's Slut defense since it's clear you're into her, (at the moment) not her friends, and thus she isn't throwing herself at you. It demonstrates preselection in that you are selecting her, and it also sexually frames things.
4.[ ] Continued demonstration of attraction switches. You don't need to continually dhv yourself, but lowering your value will hurt this. Make sure not to lower your value in this stage, and if anything, demonstrate a willingness to leave if she doesn't live up to your qualification.
5.[ ] Leading into comfort, demonstrate future aspirations, start a time bridge technique... IE, I wanna go snowboarding sometime next week, casually acquire phone # (getting digits is easy as hell... especially if you act like its not a big deal) , and state change further.