PDA

View Full Version : job at the mall help

Phobe
01-2008-01, 06:24 PM
hey im 18 and , I got a job at a calendar kiosk at the mall, A lot of girls come through but i just dont know how to interest them or start a basic conversation with them, other than do you need help or do u have the time....ANY HELP PLEASE!!

Sheek
01-2008-01, 06:48 PM
Don't do a job you don't like, especially if you're making close to minimum wage. If you're making six figures then it's a bit of a different story, but don't work something boring just because you're too lazy to find something more fun.

If you DO have fun at your job though, you shouldn't have any trouble talking to girls. Just bring them in on the fun. "Hey, I'm Jake, what's your name?"

Btw, do you guys actually use calendars or do you just keep them up for the picture? The only time I've actually "used" one is like once or twice when I had to check what day of the week a random date two months ahead would be. Hrm..

Gillette
01-2008-02, 03:27 AM
Just be fun and interesting. I work part-time doing something similar, where I get girls coming up to me all the time asking for help or I'm just around them while they're going about their business and I just usually start out with "Hey, what's up?" and go from there. If you do any David D stuff, here's the time to dust it off and pull it out. Stories about weird things that happened to you while you were working would also come in handy at this point. Run routines if that's what you do.

Basically, just start talking to them.

The_Jedi
01-2008-02, 04:37 AM
They have literally hundreds of calendars in those places, and the only thing different about each one is the theme. Use that to strike a sale, and get to know her a little better.

You: "Hi, I'm Phobe. What are you looking for today? We have it all. Animals, cars, art, whatever you like. Hmmm... you look like a cat person to me. Do you like cats?" (Or horses, or exotic cars, or whatever)

If not, she'll tell you what she's into.

You: "Sweet. I like _______ myself! They're so ____________."

Whatever, take her to the right section and start showing her some of the ____ pictures in the calendars so you can "ooooh" and "awwww" with her a bit.

You: "Personally, I like a _________ the best because ____________. What about you? What's your favorite kind?"

There's your opening, at least. You'll have to take it from there, bro.

==========

I have to agree with Sheek about not taking a job you don't like, especially if it's not leading anywhere in particular.

BTW, Sheek: Yes, I use a calendar every single day to keep track of my appointments. I would think most people do.

viciouswildfire
01-2008-02, 05:00 AM
i used to work at the mall 2. i was a mall rat for a while. back then i was a complete afc but 1 thing i did do right, that many times got them talking to me or coming up with stupid excuses to come back like "uh can i have a glass of water? oh btw, my friend sent you this 908-666-6666" basically i would just keep it normal but would give them the sexy look. i would always stare them in the eye, and many times i would even wink alittle if they stared back or smiled at me. or i would raise my head like when you're saying whats up to 1 of you buds. the bad thing about this, is you don't get to choose your targets, since not all of them will actually react back. the good thing, is you automatically know whos attracted to you, so you dont have to play as solid a biggining game, and there is no rejection risk, since you're not openly hitting on them. i did get 1 "can you stop staring at me" but the david d stuff works to refraim that.

The_Jedi
01-2008-02, 05:09 AM
i used to work at the mall 2. i was a mall rat for a while. back then i was a complete afc but 1 thing i did do right, that many times got them talking to me or coming up with stupid excuses to come back like "uh can i have a glass of water? oh btw, my friend sent you this 908-666-6666" basically i would just keep it normal but would give them the sexy look. i would always stare them in the eye, and many times i would even wink alittle if they stared back or smiled at me. or i would raise my head like when you're saying whats up to 1 of you buds. the bad thing about this, is you don't get to choose your targets, since not all of them will actually react back. the good thing, is you automatically know whos attracted to you, so you dont have to play as solid a biggining game, and there is no rejection risk, since you're not openly hitting on them. i did get 1 "can you stop staring at me" but the david d stuff works to refraim that.

Dude, that is one of the creepiest openers I have ever heard? That actually worked for you?