PDA

View Full Version : Are expensive stuff DHV?

WhiteRaven
10-19-2007, 08:51 AM
This is the situation.
I just love expensive quality stuff and I'm surrounded by it. Which I earned by myself.

But what concerns me is if it is DHV or DLV. As I'm only 22 (but usually HB's give me 19 to 20 at most), does it makes me look like "daddy's son" wearing stuff like $500 Festina wristwatch and little bit thicker golden chain?

mikeiavelli
10-19-2007, 08:56 AM
It depends on a lot of things.

If you come across like you are trying to flaunt or brag, you'll look like a try-hard, and it will probably DLV.

If the women determine that you have nice stuff on their own, or figure it out indirectly, it's often times a DHV.

__The_Raven__
10-19-2007, 09:05 AM
I think that subtlety is the best with this kind of thing. If you have a ring on your finger for example, and the woman notices it and brings it up, THEN it can be a DHV.

However, if you walk in with 10000 different gold necklaces, a ring on every finger, a gold tooth, and a fur coat, then it looks try-hard. Obviously this is an exaggeration, but you get my point. Something small that looks valuable is always good to have, assuming you have a DHV story to back it up.

Game on.

--Raven

The_Boss
10-19-2007, 12:09 PM
I agree with pretty much everything said here so far. As long as you don't look try-hard then of course it's a DHV. I used to try to over-"bling" myself out when I was a bit younger (like... 2 years ago, haha). It would draw a bit of attention but it would either be from other guys wanting to steal it, or gold digger-type girls wanting to live the life, and weren't gf material. Now I'll just wear expensive jewelry that doesn't look expensive. Nobody wants to try to take it from you and gold diggers don't care. And it's really a DHV when they find out that your "silver" necklace is really white gold and your "cheap" watch is really a $3,000 movado. I guess what I'm trying to say is the less you put it on display the higher DHV it is. And the fact that they didn't realize that your "cheap" watch is actually a name brand watch is a DLV to them.

WhiteRaven
10-19-2007, 01:15 PM
I got the point. I'll work on myself so I wouldn't look like try-hard showing off..

The_Boss
10-19-2007, 02:45 PM
One more thing I'd like to throw in: a great way to DHV when you have expensive things to to be modest about it. You can go the extra step and make it noticable but don't show it off. One thing I like to do is make people notice certain little things and be modest about other things that are more impressive.

sun_shine
10-19-2007, 07:03 PM
you can have pretty much as much expensive stuff as you want, as long as you don't show them off purposely or subtly, women will spot it. If you have tight game, expensive stuff won't matter at all.

sampanye
10-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Subtlety is key here. I echo what everyone else said, but I'll add that earning it yourself really is a significant DHV. I have a lot of respect for a man who works hard for what he's got.

DanJer
10-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Which I earned by myself.

If you earnt it and worked hard/smart enough for it then don't worry about it.

The DHV is how you earnt it. Are your saving and investing aswell?

Subtle mention of things. Actions always speak louder than words.

Mr Cucchi
10-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Depending on how natural / subtle you look when wearing your ‘bling’ you can either come off as:

A. Trying to qualify yourself to the world;
B. Successful.

I don’t really care about it... which works for me. I think initially I had it in mind to do the attraction for me so I’d fall back on it and that’s when it’s a little destructive – although there’s always a brand of girl who will lay you based on wealth... if you’ve got a nice watch that just so happened to cost £5,000 we’re on to a winner but you always want to be attracting women on a level deeper than material so its probably better that if you’re learning to be a PUA, then you keep it a little more simple and along the ethnic lines with jewellery...

Note: Telling a woman, ‘I earned it myself’ is a DLV... you’re playing right into the hands of material wealth and just general insecurity because it suggests you’re presuming her thoughts are anything but you earning it yourself... you’re basically qualifying yourself to her. As a PUA you will be communicating your worth in other ways – it should be blatantly obvious where you fit into the food chain from a conversation or two when you just so happen to talk about your investments etc etc... but again that is a thread that needs to be initiated by the chick

MrC

autisticpickup
10-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Don't look try-hard. What I do is I find clothes cheap and have them altered and it gives them European flare, etc. Chicks often ask if I am from another country, etc. The cuts and stuff are what really look expensive. I make a $100 suit look like a $2000 one. Make others comment on your stuff, and don't say how much it costs. For stuff I wear I know where it is made, how it is made, etc and people will just assume it costs a lot.

Bronco
10-21-2007, 08:30 PM
WhiteRaven,

An excellent topic of discussion. I believe that yes, wearing expensive things is generally a DHV. They must, however, be worn in the proper manner to ensure that they will come off as intended and not as you saying "look at me! look at me!" which is DLV to the fullest. A man with tight game will have NO problems being noticed!

I would suggest that if you enjoy wearing them then by all means do so. I would suggest wearing your chain tucked in or your watch covered by a long-sleeve shirt. When you have your arm around her shoulder that is a great time to subtly check the time. She will then notice the watch and notice that you weren't parading it around the room. This will give the appearance of a man that has nice things, but doesn't need to impress others with material possessions alone. She will then notice your depth of character and wonder what other mysteries there are to you. A woman wondering about you in a good way is ALWAYS a DHV! Good luck my friend.

Game On

-Bronco-

The_Jedi
10-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Subtlety is key here. I echo what everyone else said, but I'll add that earning it yourself really is a significant DHV. I have a lot of respect for a man who works hard for what he's got.

I have respect for anyone earns what they have, but I don't believe in working hard to do it. Working smart is the better way. Working hard, IMO, is a lower-class value, hence a DLV.

Before everyone jumps on my ass about this, think about it for a minute, and you'll find that truly wealthy people don't work hard at all. They work smart, and have other people do the hard work for them, while they (the rich people) rake in the big bucks from the labors of the workers. Just my two cents, as usual, but to return to the main topic of the thread:

Showing off expensive things is a definite DLV in the eyes of most people.

WhiteRaven
10-22-2007, 12:06 PM
I also agree on working smart against hard.
I work smart, and have people work for me. And the only time I work hard is to get some serious money.

So I'm not a guy that spends monthly salary on wristwatch, and for my country's standards am above them. I really hate showing off, and as Bronco suggested, I ware my chain tucked in and watch covered by sleeve.

There is a time when I will watch at clock, to see exact time, and at that moment, is it DHV? What could be the example of story behind expensive watch? Saying: "I earned it myself." is definitely DLV.

Tranceflux
10-23-2007, 08:44 PM
However, if you walk in with 10000 different gold necklaces, a ring on every finger, a gold tooth, and a fur coat, then it looks try-hard. Obviously this is an exaggeration, but you get my point. Something small that looks valuable is always good to have, assuming you have a DHV story to back it up.
--Raven

HAHAHA. Good one there ;D

Do remember that your high quality goods can peacock for you too (cause they stand out among common guys)!

But still, the best peacocking item so far is a car that have gone through Pimp My Ride :)

WhiteRaven
10-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Here is a little update.
I field tested and it seems that wearing only ONE expensive thing is enough to convey wealth. It will also keep girl wondering what else do you have.

Everything over that is exaggeration which comes of needy, showing insecurity as showing others "yeah, a got a lot of money, look at all expensive stuff". That is exactly opposite of what real wealthy man would do. It's braging.

Never, ever make expensive stuff as something special. If you wear $10000 bvlgari wristwatch and get asked what it is, just answer the question and IMMEDIATELY change the subject. If you give any hint about expensiveness, you have just DLV'd yourself.

HB: What's that watch?
PUA: It's bvlgari, anyway 'start another routine/story'

or

HB: Nice watch.
PUA: Thanks, it's gift from friend, anyway.....

Bronco
10-30-2007, 07:12 AM
I believe that you may have found the truth in expensive item DHV. If you have nice things and dont flaunt them then you aren't impressing the world with money (lots of people have money, but what sets YOU apart?) Especially if you cycle your nice things, that will show you have a sense of style and aren't just throwing every expensive item you have on your body to look like a walking advertisement. Well played Raven.

Game On

-Bronco-

CallMeTip
10-31-2007, 12:29 AM
I've found out (THE HARD WAY) that sometimes... even if they ask... It's a DLV to tell them what it is because it looks like you're bragging.

I own an Infiniti G35. to the 20-25 year old college students I hang out with, it's a bad ass car. But when people ask "what car I drive" I tell them a gray two door coupe because whenever I say "Infinity" I can tell they think I want to show off. But if they find out later, then I'm the humble guy with a sweet car.

Same thing with the Money flash. When I sarge, I carry 2 fifties. One to use and one for flash. When I used $100's I got "why do you carry that much cash on you?" with the fifties, it's still a big bill, plus they are rare so in my experience it works out much better.

WhiteRaven
11-02-2007, 07:44 AM
I've found out (THE HARD WAY) that sometimes... even if they ask... It's a DLV to tell them what it is because it looks like you're bragging.

I own an Infiniti G35. to the 20-25 year old college students I hang out with, it's a bad ass car. But when people ask "what car I drive" I tell them a gray two door coupe because whenever I say "Infinity" I can tell they think I want to show off. But if they find out later, then I'm the humble guy with a sweet car.

Same thing with the Money flash. When I sarge, I carry 2 fifties. One to use and one for flash. When I used $100's I got "why do you carry that much cash on you?" with the fifties, it's still a big bill, plus they are rare so in my experience it works out much better.

Yeah, I can understand what you mean by Infinity and college student. If you say you drive bad ass car, you look like dady's son. But watch it, nice car can be DLV or DHV, depends in which circle you are around. If you happened to run into playboy model, you can be sure that she won't think you're dady's lil son if you show with Mercedes SLR. Because in her social circle, that is completely normal car.

Regarding money, I'm still struggling with it. But in the field it looks like it's best if you happened to have the one that fits the bill plus like 15% more for the tip. But in no situation make it anything more than normal. That will show her that you have sense for tips but also, what is even more important, that you CARE for YOUR money and don't brag around trying to impress anyone. Rich people don't brag and throw around their money, they have it because they CARE for it.

When you hand over money and bill to waitress, he/she will check to see how high is the bill and at that time just say something like "It's fine" and TURN AROUND. Don't wait for her approval, or "Thanks".