PDA

View Full Version : Getting beaten up in a club

frustratedasian
09-01-2007, 10:44 AM
My wingman tried to appraoch a girl. SHe responds well. THe guys around her don't like it, even though he aknowledges them with a smile, greeting and friendly high five to which they didn't respond. Men calls friends over, surround wingman. I stand close to wingman to protect him and push guy who gets too close to him. Guy syas wtf and I get whacked in the back by something hard. Then again, then again, over and over again, until I thought I was going to die. Has anyone encountered this problem and how do you solve it? You don't want to be bloodied every time you approach a set.

holyskeleton
09-01-2007, 11:29 AM
get a gun next time.

or just learn how to approach mixed sets.

nightflight7
09-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Holy shit dude! You need to be careful choosing which girls you approach.

If you ever see a big group of tough-looking pissed off guys, RUN AWAY. I'd pick physical well-being over girls any day.

If you live in a thuggish area, you might also want to take up some form of martial arts for self-defense.

And yes, carry a gun (if possible).

Jenner
09-01-2007, 12:04 PM
THe guys around her don't like it, even though he aknowledges them with a smile, greeting and friendly high five to which they didn't respond. Men calls friends over, surround wingman. I stand close to wingman to protect him and push guy who gets too close to him. Guy syas wtf and I get whacked in the back by something hard. Then again, then again, over and over again, until I thought I was going to die. Has anyone encountered this problem and how do you solve it? You don't want to be bloodied every time you approach a set.

if you don't know when to quit, you should have this experience to learn
some dudes just wont have anything of it
and many times, u need to do more than just SMILE at the guys, maybe talk to them first
the bold things are clues as to when things started going bad
but i think you know this already

Legion5
09-01-2007, 12:13 PM
My wingman tried to appraoch a girl. SHe responds well. THe guys around her don't like it, even though he aknowledges them with a smile, greeting and friendly high five to which they didn't respond. Men calls friends over, surround wingman. I stand close to wingman to protect him and push guy who gets too close to him. Guy syas wtf and I get whacked in the back by something hard. Then again, then again, over and over again, until I thought I was going to die. Has anyone encountered this problem and how do you solve it? You don't want to be bloodied every time you approach a set.

You NEED to open the amog and the entire set including all friends, if you do not do this you will be perceived as insecure and easy to amog, why were you talking to the target anyway??

I'd also recommend carrying pepper spray and a gun if this is your style. Safety first.

WildEyes
09-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Don't ever escalate to violence first. If it's going to turn physical, make them do it. If you weren't threatening the girls in the set, it's going to make them look like assholes, and generally the girls will call them out on it, start yelling at them, and they will heel to their girl friends.

However, I would recommend trying to playfully eject when things start going south in a bad way. There are other HBs in the club. If you can eject with grace, you might even get one of the set's HBs breaking away to talk to you later in the evening if nothing else is going for them (which with guys like that looming around... seems likely).

Amp
09-01-2007, 12:34 PM
My wingman tried to appraoch a girl. SHe responds well. THe guys around her don't like it, even thozugh he aknowledges them with a smile, greeting and friendly high five to which they didn't respond. Men calls friends over, surround wingman. I stand close to wingman to protect him and push guy who gets too close to him. Guy syas wtf and I get whacked in the back by something hard. Then again, then again, over and over again, until I thought I was going to die. Has anyone encountered this problem and how do you solve it? You don't want to be bloodied every time you approach a set.

Most guys DON'T want to fight. They're just trying to protect their image in front of their boys and the girls they're hanging out with. No one wants to be seen as a pushover and guys will go to extremes not to be seen as one.

Just last night, a fight almost broke out at the bus stop. Two guys were standing in each other's faces about to start swinging. However, they spent 4-5 minutes staring each other down and looking tough first. Why? Because they didn't really want to fight, just protect their image. As soon as someone said, "The bus is here", they broke up and walked on to the bus like nothing ever happened. If you're about to be in a fight like that ever again, my advice is to give the guys a way to get out of the situation without compromising their image so that you don't get the fuck bashed out of your head like you did last night.

Don't forget that you started the violence here either. The fact that they were just surrounding you instead of beating on you right then shows that they were actually trying to avoid a physical confrontation. You had the opportunity to give them an out. Instead, you pushed one and started the physical fight. At that point, the only thing that would save their image would be to bash you up, and they did.

Comet06
09-01-2007, 12:49 PM
This a good reason why you should be enrolled in a MMA class in your university.

Haste
09-01-2007, 11:24 PM
MMA would be my answer like Comet. You get your basis covered with some jujitsu and Muy Tai and you are set to defend yourself. AMOGs, depending on your location, are typically just average guys who have been raised to fight for the AMOG position, or to defend their image like what Amp was talking about, and dont have a true discipline to their fighting. You get them on the ground and you know your Jujitsu and they are screwed. As for a team up, teach your wing how to hold his own too. You cant be his body guard in these situations.

Jenner
09-02-2007, 12:06 AM
are u fucking joking
no amount of anything will save your ass from 5 guys all around u
get a clue, be social to the guys and win them over, or eject when you need to, you are out to have a good time and meet people (the fact that you fucked up like this is YOUR fault, cuz your game for mixed sets is bad)
no reason to get into fights like this ever
its not rocket science

Flex88
09-02-2007, 12:42 AM
I never really try open mixed sets for this reason. Whenever I do.. ALWAYS befriend the guys first.

Legion5
09-02-2007, 06:08 PM
are u fucking joking
no amount of anything will save your ass from 5 guys all around u
get a clue, be social to the guys and win them over, or eject when you need to, you are out to have a good time and meet people (the fact that you fucked up like this is YOUR fault, cuz your game for mixed sets is bad)
no reason to get into fights like this ever
its not rocket science

I agree, but I disagree with your first point... Claymore Mine anyone?

Diesel_UK
09-02-2007, 06:23 PM
If I lived in the US I'd carry a gun on me. There's times when it becomes bigger than sarging and thats when a couple of tough guys try to mug you off. Thats when you leave the club, follow the main one home and do some damage on him. They could have told you to fuck off first at the least. However they didnt and acted like total idiots just to feel alpha. This is when you need to demoralise them and make sure they dont wanna leave their house for a month.

Comet06
09-02-2007, 06:26 PM
If I lived in the US I'd carry a gun on me. There's times when it becomes bigger than sarging and thats when a couple of tough guys try to mug you off. Thats when you leave the club, follow the main one home and do some damage on him. They could have told you to fuck off first at the least. However they didnt and acted like total idiots just to feel alpha. This is when you need to demoralise them and make sure they dont wanna leave their house for a month.

You dont want to take the risk of going to jail do you?? Having a gun is a serious matter.

Diesel_UK
09-02-2007, 06:31 PM
You dont want to take the risk of going to jail do you?? Having a gun is a serious matter.

Yes but its also serious protection. I mean if you own one legally or whatever Im not sure about your laws over there but they are good for protection. I'm not encouraging you to use it or even pull it out but as a last resort when guys are essentially picking on you in that enviroment do what you gotta do.

Comet06
09-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Yes but its also serious protection. I mean if you own one legally or whatever Im not sure about your laws over there but they are good for protection. I'm not encouraging you to use it or even pull it out but as a last resort when guys are essentially picking on you in that enviroment do what you gotta do.

Well, if you get your ass beat, you can report them to the police for assault. You'd be f***ed of you pull the trigger and end of killing someone.

kuraykillua
09-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Uhh you should talk to the guys first, and pretend the girl doesn't exist. Most likely they were drunk, since that's rare. Obviously they don't have game, that's why they have to use violence. Martial Arts definitely helps, but obviously to protect yourself and not to beat the crap out of them.
Technically killing in self defense is legal but that's unless they have a deadly weapon as well. Plus I'd see you on TV.
-k

miaddict
09-02-2007, 08:07 PM
This thread is getting out of hand.

We do not promote any illegal activity, including the use of lethal weapons to defend yourself in a club/bar.

frustratedasian is in Melbourne, Australia and there is NO reason why he should carry a loaded gun in his pants in a social venue.

Back to the OP:

My wingman tried to appraoch a girl. SHe responds well. THe guys around her don't like it, even though he aknowledges them with a smile, greeting and friendly high five to which they didn't respond.

Your wingman failed to recognize that that girl is part of a bigger mixed set. His attempt to win over the guys failed. If the obstacles are hostile, you simply say "nice meeting you" and eject. Walk away. Your personal safety comes first before 'getting a girl'.

Men calls friends over, surround wingman. I stand close to wingman to protect him and push guy who gets too close to him.

If you can't protect, dont get involved. And do not push anybody. It's physical assault. I am not condoning their violent reaction(you getting beaten up) but if you cant' control or defuse it, do not start it.

Has anyone encountered this problem and how do you solve it? You don't want to be bloodied every time you approach a set.

You see the beginning of a fight, call out the bouncers or security. They are paid for that. There is no bravery medal for being beaten up.

Germ
09-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Martial arts will save you from that kind of shit, dude. Take down the alpha and the rest will get the hell away from you. In a completely bullshit fight I did not pick at all, I just remembered my TKD and just roundhouse kicked the alpha to the stomach. He fell over, couldn't get up, and his buddies carried him off and just left me alone. I was kind of surprised that they pussed out but I think the psychology behind it is the whole "when leader goes down the rest of them crumble" thing.
That said, it's better to just not push the guy in the first place. Not fighting > fighting.

Also, it's legal to carry a knife under 3.5 inches bladelength. Where I live, at least. So if you want to carry a weapon for protection, there's your ticket.

RichKid_UK
09-03-2007, 02:59 PM
wtf? the 1st 4 replys i read was to carry a gun. Glad Bush is teaching you guys well, jesus my 1st post and its a neg, just messin.

Matt UK

poshboy
09-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Um....Tyler Durden't AMOG tactics in teh Classic Writing Posts maybe?

For starters:

1) "whoa.. dude, you remind me so much of the most popular guy from my high school.. like the captain of the football team guy, who beats up all the nerds.."

2) hahah, dude, are you like trying to pick a fight with me? hahahha.. ok ok hold up hold up.. wait a sec, we'll do even better.. first... we'll have an armwrestling competition.. then second.. we'll do one armed pushups.. and last..... POSE-DOWN!!
(then you start flexing and go "ladies?", and they start saying how you're so strong, and the AMOG looks like a tool.. you're tooling him, by making him seem like he's trying too hard to impress the girls by showing them superiority).

Riddic
09-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Wow there is some horrible advice in here like Miaddict stated. For those advising he carry a gun....I am willing to bet you guys dont even own guns and if you do, you never bring them to clubs yourself....so why encourage it?

Two- simply enrolling in MMA to be ready for these situations is assinine. While I do think MMA is great, you should always try to avoid situations like this first. If you must defend yourself, then yes MMA is very useful, but ONLY if there is no other way out.

wtf? the 1st 4 replys i read was to carry a gun. Glad Bush is teaching you guys well, jesus my 1st post and its a neg, just messin.

Matt UK

From what I see, the people advising this aren't Americans.

BigPapaSmurf
09-03-2007, 06:10 PM
I'd never hit someone without giving them fair warning. If some girlfriends of mine were being accosted by a creeper in goggles I'd definitely get my friends and tell him to fuck off. That said, if one of the creepers hit my buddy or even started getting physical I'd get ready for shit. You have to be more considerate and realize that you are walking up to random people. No matter how cool you think you are, some people will just want you to fucking leave. Self awareness and a calm smile would've gotten you out of this situation easily unless these were particularly unsavory characters, and then you probably shouldn't have approached.

frustratedasian
09-03-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm a bit confused by the myriad of differing advice I'm getting from people, so I would prefer to combine everyone's advice. WHile a gun is certainly illegal in Melbourne, I could probably carry a knife as a "bluff" protection. The interesting thing was that in the midst of that 10 second fight, I had surprisingly taken out the alpha by a random swing of my hand as I was swinging around like a monkey to protect myself. He tumbled over the bar knocking 4 of his vodka shots over but they didn't stop. In the fury, I decided that the fight was getting too far so I strangled one of them instinctively to threaten the fight to stop as I could not call the bouncers because those 4 guys continued to push me back to the middle of the circle to continue the fight even after I sort of knocked off their leader. It was scary I thought I was going to die they were just egging me on and pushing me back in to pound me in the back of the head even after I decided to run. And they kept hitting me on the back, not the front.

...and i have always doubted Tyler D's advice, if i had used line number 2, the guy would have punched me first

The Answer
09-03-2007, 09:05 PM
are people seriously telling this guy to carry a gun? like are you fucking serious?

yeah dude, the best way to handle AMOGs is to commit murder, doesn't get much more alpha than that.

Haste
09-03-2007, 09:13 PM
The suggestions to carry a gun were out of hand, and I wouldnt even carry a knife. I dont live in a large city so I dont have to worry about muggings but usually a mugging has nothing to do with an AMOG and his buddies. As for the MMA advice, I learned and practice it out of curiousity about how it worked. I just know that if anything were to happen I can hold my own now. As for what happened with frustratedasian, you simply decided to step in and protect your wing at the wrong time. Had you jumped in sooner when you saw something was about to go down you may have been able to diffuse the situation. Just remember, smile and eject.

cheez avenger
09-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Alright, thanks everyone--we are done here.

Re-read miaddict's reply.

-cheez avenger