PDA

View Full Version : Just started college and...

Aha
08-20-2007, 07:19 PM
There's a lot of people hanging around the campus. There's a lot of girls. My problem is that I don't know how to approach and I'm not sure which opener would be appropriate. There's girls doing different things. Girls are walking around, standing, and sitting. I'm thinking of going small first. I'm thinking of approaching just one girl and working my way up to the groups. There are so many openers and I don't know which one to use. What opener would I say to a girl standing or sitting by herself? Do I just go stand next to her or sit next to her and then say something, face to face or shoulder to shoulder? I think shoulder to shouler is less threatening. Help me out here please. I'm planning to start tomorrow.

Really Old Pudding
08-20-2007, 11:32 PM
If they are standing, do the text book "sort of face them, but not really so you don't commit to them fully".

If they are sitting go ahead and sit next to them, or maybe even diagonally from them. It should be a pretty comforting to her if you show you're comfortable enough to relax like that.

roadrally2
08-20-2007, 11:44 PM
I also remeber reading somewhere that as long as you are talking while you decide to sit down by them it wont be a problem.

I have field tested this and found it to indeed be true.

Good luck